Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 12:59 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
14 headless bodies, 9 bodies hang off bridge in Mexico border city

Don't worry once this finally happens in the USA maybe the American voting populace will pull their head out of their rear end and realize everything isn't fing dandy! There are more important things in this world to worry about than American Idol and Facebook!!!!

I mean we can't even get marijuana legalized in this stupid country. The war on drugs is such a joke. Legalize pot, let Americans grow it, let our corrupt, vile, tyrannical government do what they do best tax the hell out of it. Let's produce our own drugs and put these narco devils out of business!!

Otherwise WTF is the solution?
As long as people think that they are above the law, we will have this problem. I guess if people stopped using it then there would be no market and the desperadoes who are selling it would just find a different market.

I guess expecting people to honor and obey the law is just asking too much.

20yrsinBranson
who does both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 01:09 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The solution is to put all drug users in prison, especially drugs like crack, meth, and heroin. Bascially eliminate this segment from general society. I know you are saying prisons are already overcrowded. The solution is large outdoor tent camps. If these prisoners insist on smuggling in drugs the punishment should be that they become a human lab rat. Since they like drugs so much test different medications on them to see how they respond.If they die in the process, oh well they shouldn't have been a law beaking drug addict.

An added bonus is that at least some of these druggies hold jobs. By putting them in tent prison it will open up a job for a .good, wholesome decent non-drug user.
Our criminal system is pretty over-burdened as it is. We're running out of room to house the scum of the earth. Maybe we could strike a deal with some third-world countries like China and Mexico to export our slime to them in exchange for reducing some of the debt they owe us.

Other than that, we could just shoot them, like they do in Iran and Afghanistan. They don't have a drug problem over there, last I heard.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-07-2012, 01:50 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
My text is in bold.
I do believe we have a drug problem, but those are not called "illegal" their legal alcohol and prescribed/prescription drugs. This is done with high schoolers when most probably go on and continue drinking, diet pills, steroids and not smoking pot.
Commonly Abused Prescription Drugs Chart | National Institute on Drug Abuse

Alcohol: The Most Abused Drug in the US :: College of Social Work

Anyone would have a hard time convincing me serious pot smoker's get their pot from Mexico.............

Old 05-07-2012, 01:53 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Our criminal system is pretty over-burdened as it is. We're running out of room to house the scum of the earth. Maybe we could strike a deal with some third-world countries like China and Mexico to export our slime to them in exchange for reducing some of the debt they owe us.

Other than that, we could just shoot them, like they do in Iran and Afghanistan. They don't have a drug problem over there, last I heard.

20yrsinBranson
Those "poppies" are just pretty and taking up wasted space................notice how someone's own drug is never an issue, it's just others most worry about. If the money wasn't the ticket all drugs would be a thing of the past. Leads me to believe this is why America has the problem not American's.

A corrupt government allows cartels to survive.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:40 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Are you for or against drunk driving laws?

Putting other peoples lives at risk is and always should be a crime.
Actually, I have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, the simple act of driving, even when stone cold sober, is putting other peoples (and your own) lives at risk. A moment of inattention, a critical failure on your vehicle, even something as trivial as a bee sting all could cause a fatal collision, so that argument is moot.

Should you be driving when your slurring, falling down, can't even speak coherently drunk? No. But we've taken it too far, to the point that people who are in reasonable command of their facilities and are no more dangerous than someone who is a little fatigued are being convicted.

If we really knew the statistics of how many times people drive while legally "drunk" and reached their destination successfully, we might have to reassess. But that'll never happen, because ultimately it's not about safety, it's about prohibition.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Actually, I have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, the simple act of driving, even when stone cold sober, is putting other peoples (and your own) lives at risk. A moment of inattention, a critical failure on your vehicle, even something as trivial as a bee sting all could cause a fatal collision, so that argument is moot.

Should you be driving when your slurring, falling down, can't even speak coherently drunk? No. But we've taken it too far, to the point that people who are in reasonable command of their facilities and are no more dangerous than someone who is a little fatigued are being convicted.

If we really knew the statistics of how many times people drive while legally "drunk" and reached their destination successfully, we might have to reassess. But that'll never happen, because ultimately it's not about safety, it's about prohibition.
Studies have shown that based on the legal limits, people are not safe in their command of a vehicle. That is why they came up with the numbers that they did

Some states have "lesser" limits that are less harsh in their punishment as well to offset ones less intoxicated state.

Obviously, if people were responsible we wouldn't need these types of "deterrent laws'

But given the number of idiots in America, I guess we do

Old 05-07-2012, 05:55 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Studies have shown that based on the legal limits, people are not safe in their command of a vehicle. That is why they came up with the numbers that they did
Those studies are based on biased, flawed data.

For example, if I had a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, and have a .08 BAC, making me "legally intoxicated", am subsequently stopped at a red light and rear-ended by a stone cold sober driver who just wasn't paying attention, it goes into the books as an "alcohol involved accident", despite the fact that alcohol played no role whatsoever in causing the accident.

MADD has an agenda of zero tolerance, and they don't mind fabricating data to get there.

I guarantee you most people are perfectly safe at .08. Perhaps people who drink once a decade are not, but those are rare.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:24 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
14 headless bodies, 9 bodies hang off bridge in Mexico border city

Don't worry once this finally happens in the USA maybe the American voting populace will pull their head out of their rear end and realize everything isn't fing dandy! There are more important things in this world to worry about than American Idol and Facebook!!!!

I mean we can't even get marijuana legalized in this stupid country. The war on drugs is such a joke. Legalize pot, let Americans grow it, let our corrupt, vile, tyrannical government do what they do best tax the hell out of it. Let's produce our own drugs and put these narco devils out of business!!

Otherwise WTF is the solution?
The problem to overcome is that a lot of conservatives are highly addicted to Reefer Madness and so dearly fear what might happen to the country if just so much as marijuana is legalized. Conservatives also firmly believe in that marijuana is a gateway drug, even though that theory has been strongly discounted.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:48 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
The above post is an example of everything that is wrong with conservatives.

So your solution is the killing of hundreds of thousands of people and following the same drug policy as dictatorships? I think North Korea might be a little more up your alley.

My favorite part of your post is how you mention that "at least some [drug addicts] hold jobs". You actually admit that many drug users (and addicts) are in fact functioning members of society; yet you think that "eliminating" them is a reasonable solution for the sole reason that they use drugs and only for that reason.

Representative of everything wrong with conservatism.
hey Carboni, whats your solution? Its easy to cast the first stone.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:57 AM

327 posts, read 644,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Get our troops out of the middle East and put them on our Southern border!
Yea! Let's have our soldiers get beheaded by a different group of brown people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies