Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 09:21 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,929,893 times

Advertisements

Next up, 'life beings at the spermatazoa' bill. It, would be essentially the same thing. Men would have to be arrested every time they masturbated for committing abortions then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 09:26 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Sad to hear there are so many women without a conscience.
If that were true , wouldn't it be wise not to p--s them off?

Take care of your conscience...it might need help.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:36 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No, "everyone" does NOT "know" that abortion is "murder"....

YOU do NOT speak for "everyone" because YOU do NOT know what everyone thinks.

I do NOT believe legal abortion is murder .
Thats fine. But, do you think that taxpayers should pay for abortions? And, should abortion be the first option for a pregnant mother? The pro-choice crowd have limited the options to 1, abortion. It is ironic, because there is a choice. We just adopted a baby boy. His mother could have easily aborted him. I think she made a smart and courageous CHOICE.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:43 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That is an oxymoron. A fetus is not a person, the US supreme court confirmed this with Roe V. Wade

The biggest question is why does the GOP keep attacking women? Why do they keep forcing their huge government and anti-freedom garbage? I thought that's what the teabaggers/gop were suppose to be against?
They are but first you have to think like they do, look like they do, pray like they do, live like they do, and believe what they believe.

Once your cross that threshold everything fine.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
It sees like every month Arizona is coming up with these crazy new laws that are throwbacks to the middle ages. WTF? Is it because it's an election year, or are they this crazy every year?
Nope, this is EVERYDAY stuff out here....not just electioneering. Arizona Republicans have been a joke for decades. This isn't anything new. I've been here since 1969, and this stuff is par for the course out here.

And this is only the stuff the nation actually gets to hear about. You should see the stuff that gets proposed that gets rejected. When Napolitano was the governor, she'd spend three quarters of her time vetoing stupid ass proposals from the Republican Party that they couldn't override. That's why she was so popular.

This idiot of a governor could have never won the governorship if she'd ran for the office initially. But she ended up getting it through succession and then winning it when a confluence of very fortunate events came at a well timed point in her career. Basically, SB1070 handed her the office, although she thought the bill was profoundly stupid in the beginning. She jumped on the bandwagon when she got hounded by the Tea Party to support it or ELSE!! Then she continued the ruse by defending it all the way to the Supreme Court.

So yea...as beautiful as this state is and as wonderful as it is to live here, we've got some real nutcases on the political right. And they're not done. Getting a Republican Governor has allowed them to live out their fantasies, and they intend to play them out to the fullest. I live and work around these fools and i belittle them every chance i get about their stupidity.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Thats fine. But, do you think that taxpayers should pay for abortions? And, should abortion be the first option for a pregnant mother? The pro-choice crowd have limited the options to 1, abortion. It is ironic, because there is a choice. We just adopted a baby boy. His mother could have easily aborted him. I think she made a smart and courageous CHOICE.
This is nonsense.
Taxpayers don't pay for abortions.
They do, however, pay for pre-natal care and deliveries for many unwed mothers.
They also pay for WIC, foodstamps and the like.

Where is it written by anyone that the only choice for unplanned pregnancy is abortion?

Old 05-06-2012, 11:20 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Great, you applaud her choice. So do I. You're pro-choice! So am I.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:24 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
AZ has completely gone off their rocker with their radical right wing agenda as of late.
Don't live there.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:51 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
yes, the definition is suspect at least. However, it still does not constitute a war on women. Abortion is not about women's rights at all. It is a question of whether we (the U.S) want to endorse killing babies as a means of birth control. Hasn't anyone heard of adoption?
it is a war on women and their right to privacy and health care. women who can get pregnant does not make them the breeders for women who can't have children. a woman has the right to control her own reproductive live.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:53 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
the "pro choice crowd" is about choice. for your information there are 3 choices not one. the choice belongs to the individual woman no one else
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies