Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 01:15 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
RWNJs...

SO desperately desperate.

David Plouffe on crowd size: ‘We’re happy to have that debate’ - The Washington Post

Just LOOK at all those empty seats.

Wanna see sparse attendance for a presidential candidate?

Is this why Mitt Romney’s stadium is empty? - The Washington Post

And this is Romney's "home state" that the GOP wants so desperately (there's that term again) to consider a "swing state."

Yeah, so's your old man. My dad could whip yours if he hadn't died 5 years ago. On and on we could go and those political people sounded so much like 5 year old kids having a discussion about who is toughest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
First Read - Analysis: Obama re-election launch seeks to define stakes of campaign

14,300 people in an arena with a capacity of 18,300?

I guess you and I have different definitions of "almost no audience" ...
A crowd of 14,000 would have been embarrassing at a Kansas University basketball game in a gym that is always filled beyond capacity and it is only 16,300 there. Yep, that was a very disappointing crowd, or would have been last winter before Kansas kicked OSU butt, again.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:21 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yeah, so's your old man. My dad could whip yours if he hadn't died 5 years ago. On and on we could go and those political people sounded so much like 5 year old kids having a discussion about who is toughest.

Settle down roy. After all, it's your side that's making the loony bogus assertions about the crowd. Maybe to buck up the troops, I don't know. Give the boys something false to feel good about in what's going to be a gloomy campaign season for the Obamaphobes.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Great find. I could hire out to be part of the crowd since I do pick my nose a lot, according to my family. However, all my family is non-Obama so they wouldn't let me go.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Settle down roy. After all, it's your side that's making the loony bogus assertions about the crowd. Maybe to buck up the troops, I don't know. Give the boys something false to feel good about in what's going to be a gloomy campaign season for the Obamaphobes.
If Romney starts to campaign on the Obama record there is a chance that he will have to go on the defense and that wouldn't be an easy thing to do.

Do you want to get in a so's your old lady contest?

Old 05-06-2012, 01:27 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I also think Obama could lose big. I hate to underestimate him though because there are still many ignorant voters. If Romney can clearly communicate what is going on in the US then he should win big.
How can Romney communicate what is going on in the U.S. when his only experience with it is from the perspective of a 1%er?

That would be like Forrest Gump trying to explain Einstein's theories of the shape of Time. No perceptible clue in hell what he is talking about, even if he could remember the words someone wrote for him to say.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:29 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I can't believe so many people are a fan of poverty...
Me either, but there are a lot of people who will vote Romney in direct opposition to their best interests.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:30 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Gosh. I was thinking Obama's gonna win but that photo convinced me he doesn't stand a chance. Especially, compared to the crowds Romney is able to draw. Mitt Romney's economic speech falls flat at near-empty stadium | World news | guardian.co.uk. Damn, I''m so glum now. I give up. You win.....lol
Surprise, we are offered a "choice" of leadership between a Big Government far-left liberal Democrat, versus a Big Government far-left liberal Democrat who calls himself a Republican--and nobody but the 20% of Americans who are liberal or very liberal are enthusiastic (In 2010, Conservatives Still Outnumber Moderates, Liberals)!

Who'd have thought?

Old 05-06-2012, 01:40 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Surprise, we are offered a "choice" of leadership between a Big Government far-left liberal Democrat, versus a Big Government far-left liberal Democrat who calls himself a Republican--and nobody but the 20% of Americans who are liberal or very liberal are enthusiastic (In 2010, Conservatives Still Outnumber Moderates, Liberals)!

Who'd have thought?
Surprise, we are offered a "choice" of leadership between a Big Government center/right Republican, versus a center/right Republican who calls himself a Democrat--and nobody but the 20% of Americans who are liberal or very liberal are enthusiastic
Who'd have thought?

Now you've got it right

Old 05-06-2012, 01:57 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,784,290 times
Cept Romney doesn't crave the power to become dictator for life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies