Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 08:22 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Pretty much sour grapes on the GOP. They are hoping to shame Obama into not mentioning Bin Laden.
Or make him live up to his own statements about downplaying the killing in an effort to sustain national security? You know, don't celebrate the event (his own statement) and cause more hard feelings in the other side.

Obama can't even seem to stick to his own script.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 08:26 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Actually using a military action in as political ad to call into question your opponents willingness to make hard decisions makes this an UGLY camapign already.

The truth is that there isn't a lot to talk about on the obama side. He can't talk economy because the economy has been in the tank for the longest time since the great depression. He can't talk unemployment because the UE rate has been the highest for the longest time in this nation's HISTORY under obama. He can't discuss all of the promises he made concerning transparency in government...people being able to watch every thing his administration does on C-SPAN, because his administration has been closed off completely. He can't discuss illegal immigration because he has done NOTHING, and has blocked all State level attempts to enact legislation that will do what the federal LAWS are supposed to do but DON'T. He can't discuss healthcare because he KNOWS that the cost to the American citizen will be ASTRONOMICAL, plus the fact that there is a serious question as to the constitutionality of FORCING the public to buy into a government program.

So.....there isn't a lot left. Getting bin laden is the only thing this fool has to hang his hat on. And him using that victorious military achievment in the way he did did nothing more than make him look like the petty politician he is.

You sound unhappy.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:27 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Or make him live up to his own statements about downplaying the killing in an effort to sustain national security? You know, don't celebrate the event (his own statement) and cause more hard feelings in the other side.

Obama can't even seem to stick to his own script.
Obama said he would make getting Osama a priority. What did Bush say about getting Osama, and did Bush stick to his own script?

Old 05-06-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
"The administration clearly deserves credit for the success of the operation," this person told ABC News, adding that getting bin Laden has long been "the ultimate goal, the ultimate objective" of the U.S. counterterrorism program.
Politician Says 'Obama Deserves Credit' for Osama Bin Laden's Death

Old 05-06-2012, 08:29 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,926,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Even something to be ashamed of. What gives?
Only if Booooosh had done it it would have been labeled murder.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:32 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
So, nobody has given credit to this admin for getting osama?

I believe you would be wrong, what obama is doing is trying to up play this as his crowing achievement (look what I did, and you did not....or may not have made the call).

Old 05-06-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, nobody has given credit to this admin for getting osama?

I believe you would be wrong, what obama is doing is trying to up play this as his crowing achievement (look what I did, and you did not....or may not have made the call).
I would appreciate a link supporting what you are accusing Obama of.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:41 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,283,997 times
Quote:
Even something to be ashamed of. What gives?
What gives is a fundamental change in politics in this country. It used to be that those who were opposed to a president, opposed him primarily because of his policies.

The GOP opposition to Obama is deeper than that. There's a large segment of them that buy into the BS that the "birthers" have spouted about Obama somehow not being an American. Than there's the segment of the GOP that I will call "closet racists". Yes, racism still exists in this country. Its just that its not politically correct anymore to openly spout it. So, it goes underground and reappears in ways that are difficult to comprehend at first.

If I ever were inclined to vote Republican, I think watching the Tea Party Nuts and people like Mitch McConnell have permanently talked me out of it. These are people who would rather harm this country than be accused of compromising with Obama in any way. I pray these losers never control the White House, the Senate, and the House at once. If they do, all but their rich friends are "goners".

In short, they'd be against Obama if unemployment were down to 4%, if the national debt had declined by half, and if there was no inflation. There is no pleasing some people and its time to stop pretending you can.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:42 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I would appreciate a link supporting what you are accusing Obama of.
Obama’s gutsy call

Quote:
This past week, an Obama campaign Web commercial featuring Bill Clinton quotes Mitt Romney, in 2007, downplaying the significance of getting bin Laden: “It’s not worth moving heaven and earth, spending billions of dollars, just trying to catch one person.”

Old 05-06-2012, 08:45 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Obama said he would make getting Osama a priority. What did Bush say about getting Osama, and did Bush stick to his own script?
A little research (or even reading this thread) would do you a lot of good.

As posted, Bush said that spending billions of dollars to get one man made no sense. And he actually stood by that.

Obama said a lot of things (transparancy, five day reading time for all bills, that he was on the side of all Americans, one of his first acts would be to close Gitmo) and has been proven to have lied about of them.

I guess in your mind that makes him a heroic figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies