Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 10:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

I had a good laugh over this one.
On trial for murdering thousands and they are worried about seeing a woman's hair and "committing a sin".

Cheryl Bormann, counsel for defendant Walid bin Attash, attended the arraignment Saturday dressed in a hijab, apparently because her client insisted on it. She further requested that the court order other women to follow that example so that the defendants do not have to avert their eyes "for fear of committing a sin under their faith."
Read more: Attorney in hijab defends call for other women at 9/11 hearing to wear 'appropriate' clothing | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 10:58 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Oh the comments I want to make to this would get me banned in a heartbeat.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:01 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
I think she's just trying to make a splash and get her name in the papers so it will be remembered.

Better to put blindfolds on the terrorists.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:13 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times
Are you freaking serious?!

This is insane! Why do we want to appease murderer's because of their religion? If a priest was on trial and Marian modesty was requested it would be shot down and laughed at. Where is N.O.W. or the Atheists or the A.C.L.U. on this one?

Its not a sin in his religion to kill infidels but its a sin to see a woman's hair?! If they acquiesce to her request we are doomed as a country.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:50 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Oh the comments I want to make to this would get me banned in a heartbeat.

I for one would love to hear your comments. Because your comments, are most likely the same ones, that i have! I'm sure together, we think alike. I know what i think, and think your thinking the same as i.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:56 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I for one would love to hear your comments. Because your comments, are most likely the same ones, that i have! I'm sure together, we think alike. I know what i think, and think your thinking the same as i.
Without a doubt... I imagine our language would even be similar.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:57 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
On trial for murdering thousands and they are worried about seeing a woman's hair and "committing a sin".

Cheryl Bormann, counsel for defendant Walid bin Attash, attended the arraignment Saturday dressed in a hijab, apparently because her client insisted on it. She further requested that the court order other women to follow that example so that the defendants do not have to avert their eyes "for fear of committing a sin under their faith."
Read more: Attorney in hijab defends call for other women at 9/11 hearing to wear 'appropriate' clothing | Fox News
Oh how my heart bleeds for them! , they should have blown up one of their own buildings in "THEIR" home land. Now that they did it in "AMERICA" they will have to follow"OUR" rules and like it or they could just close their eye's now, Before we close them perminatly after the trial.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:39 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
A lot of you guys are as bad as the Islamists. If I felt like getting tens of thousands of them rioting and burning down their country all I would have to do is to drop a few picts on them of the Prophet eating a bacon sandwitch. Now tell me, How stupid is that?????

It would not phase me no matter what these knuckelheads said!!!! When you get all upset about some comment they make it's the only way left to them to win. Don't let them win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-06-2012, 01:41 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Well then, we better hop to it and break out the new mandated apparel, after all, isn't "not being offended", a Constitutionally protected human right?

Old 05-06-2012, 01:45 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Walid bin Attash isn't being tried in his country, so he can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies