Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
If you’re going to spew ignorance you’re going to have to provide proof/examples. I’ve heard those same accusations from those who’s purpose in life is to manipulate but no proof. Here’s your chance to shine. I’m all ears…

Post #35 may serve as an example. I don't give a chit if you're a black man because you aren't following my agenda. Therefore, you have no right to be heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 10:41 PM

446 posts, read 997,284 times
Greatest threat.... unchecked and rampant, willful stupidity as evidenced by the partisan jibberjaber in the first few responses of this topic and the larger social dialogue. Pull your head out of your asses, right, left, caddycorner, whatever you wanna call yourselves. It's just embarrassing.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:43 AM

327 posts, read 644,426 times
lmao Alex Jones.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
The biggest threats to mankind are the same as ever: Megalomaniacs with armies and greedsters operating outside of the Law.

The rest is just technology.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:23 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The biggest threats to mankind are the same as ever: Megalomaniacs with armies and greedsters operating outside of the Law.

The rest is just technology.
The rest is just Technology?

Technology that is not able to withstand the Earth's natural disasters, is capable of hurting the world, more than the disaster itself.

IE; Earth quake = Tsunami = Nuclear meltdown = I see dead people.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:45 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Hmmmm, looked like an interesting topic and then I realized no one can or wants to discuss the actual topic. Don't expect this thread to remain open long, far too many children on this board these days for real discussion to take place, been reported. Oh well

Old 05-08-2012, 09:53 AM

692 posts, read 1,355,354 times
One of the biggest threats to mankind lies under Yellowstone Park in the US. Indeed the biggest threats to mankind is nature, disease and catastrophe. I doubt mankind is going to survive for ever, indeed I am sure we are as temporary as much of our surroundings.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:55 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
biggest threat to mankind>>>>>>> politicians

Old 05-08-2012, 10:32 AM

15,086 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Perfect example of a moronic mind ..... take individual statements, and add a game show buzzer to the end of each one ... and that's some sort of proof that the statements are inaccurate or not true? What a juvenile mindset.

Some of the statements were obviously opinions, and for that reason, cannot be labeled lies ... you can disagree with an opinion, but you cannot say the opinion is false. "I like Chinese food" .... lie! What?

But listening to this shotgun of comments .. many of them just snippets without the context of the conversation, which in some cases might include direct citation of actual documents or evidence that supports the statement is a total FRAUD.

I could grab a dozen of the the buzzed comments that claim to be "Lies", and provide links to information and documentation which would serve as irrefutable proof that they are accurate and true.

Care to challenge that?

In any case, back to the topic of the thread ...

The situation in Japan is horrendous ... and remains extremely critical, though it is being ignored by mainstream US News.

I'll make a couple of statements that are "Alex Jones" like ... statements that sound altogether incredible and impossible to believe ... that some numskull would use a game show buzzer on .... but here, I can control the situation and include the proof of the statements:

1) Japanese Professor suggests that adult Japanese should eat radioactive contaminated food to atone for their responsibility in the Nuclear disaster .. while reserving the uncontaminated food for the children.

Sounds crazy, doesn't it? And it is crazy ... but it's also the truth.

http://enenews.com/japan-expert-long...ted-food-video

http://uhohjapan2.wordpress.com/tag/...akahama-fault/

(Sorry ... I didn't provide a link to CNN's story on this .... they must have missed it)

2) By 2050, Japan will no longer be a developed country

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/eo20120502a1.html

3) Decontaminating Japan is "Hopeless"

http://enenews.com/cleaning-up-radia...ntry-of-forest

4) If Reactor 4 cooling goes dry, Japan will cease to be a country. More Cesium will be released than all above ground Nuclear testing since the 1940's ... only it will occur all at once. Over 200 times more than Chernobyl .... affecting the entire northern hemisphere.

http://enenews.com/gundersen-move-so...cept-all-video

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 05-08-2012 at 11:09 AM..

Old 05-08-2012, 11:28 AM

15,086 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
biggest threat to mankind>>>>>>> politicians
That's true too ... since it is ultimately the responsibility of the world's corrupt politicians and governments to prevent such global threats as represented by unsafe Nuclear Energy production.

There were and still are much safer and less polluting forms of nuclear power production .... but those forms were never seriously considered because they don't produce weapons grade fuel as a byproduct ... which was the entire reason for nuclear plants to begin with.

The plants in Japan were known to be unsafe designs right from the beginning ... trouble is, many of the same designs are in operation in the US also ... and subject to the same horrific outcomes if natural disaster were to strike.

This is nothing short of flirting with scientific self destruction on a planetary scale, and proves that science itself is too irrational to be trusted to police it's own activities.

In the early days of nuclear weapons testing, some scientists warned that there existed the potential that atmospheric detonation of nuclear weapons could ignite the atmosphere, killing the entire planet and all life existing. What was the response from the nuclear scientists? Let's take our chances and do it anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies