Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 12:27 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,380,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post

Rome embraced homosexuality - find out what REALLY happened to the 12 Caesars that had ultimate power over Rome & the world.
So by doing so the US has another 2400 years of life in it? After all, the Roman empire lasted almost three thousand years. history of rome - Google Search

Sounds pretty good to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 12:30 PM

76,826 posts, read 47,146,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I must have missed it when Obama said he was for gay marriage, when was that?
Even if he was for it, there wouldn't be much he can do about it because presidents do not create laws. Bush was against it, but there was not much he was able to do about it, except use it in his campaihgn speeches.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:33 PM

112 posts, read 122,996 times
Sity, we're still waiting for proof in that other thread of this attempted massacre of your son by five hundred men who died trying, the details of which have been buried. I mean, this story should be shouted from the rooftops, no?

Or one crazy topic at a time, maybe?

Old 05-07-2012, 12:34 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,526,017 times
The America S(h)ity Data desires should be destroyed before it ever happens. He and his co believers would be the greatest tyrants ever because they KNOW THE ONE RIGHT WAY. Just ask them.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:44 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,835,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
With people like you & Obama- we are assured - the destruction of America will finally be complete!

YOU HAVE MUCH to be very proud of !!

History shows us very plainly what happens when people adopt this perverse attitude that is AGAINST THE LAWS OF NATURE!

Rome embraced homosexuality - find out what REALLY happened to the 12 Caesars that had ultimate power over Rome & the world.

Study & find out what happened to Sodom & Gomorrah

Study & find out what REALLY happened in Greece

You don't care!

Ever since don't ask don't tell was repealed by skewing the figures to the opposite of what they truly were. 75% OPPOSED - this law.

So the Obama administration lied about the truth (as usual)

Now military rapes against men have been soaring!

The gay vote = 2% of the population.

Yes we need Obama for 4 more years - he hasn't done enough yet to destroy America.

Eternal Life or Eternal Death - It is your choice! Why you choose death over life is beyond my ability to comprehend.

You can deny the existence of God all you want (now) But soon you will be standing face to face. NOTHING you can say or do will ever change God's eternal LAWS.
What is this, a joke? I'm not going to vote for Obama either but other than that, I don't think we could find anything else to agree on.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:55 PM

77,697 posts, read 59,834,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Even if he was for it, there wouldn't be much he can do about it because presidents do not create laws. Bush was against it, but there was not much he was able to do about it, except use it in his campaihgn speeches.
Yeah, I just find the whole thread funny as the OP and others are getting all excited over the possibility of re-electing a president that......doesn't support gay marriage.

Now I can completely understand why they don't like Romney....it's just wierd to see the excitement. It's like telling a kid that for Christmas they can either have a box with poop in it, or an empty box....and they just can't wait to open that empty box because at least it doesn't have poop in it!

Old 05-07-2012, 01:12 PM

76,826 posts, read 47,146,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, I just find the whole thread funny as the OP and others are getting all excited over the possibility of re-electing a president that......doesn't support gay marriage.

Now I can completely understand why they don't like Romney....it's just wierd to see the excitement. It's like telling a kid that for Christmas they can either have a box with poop in it, or an empty box....and they just can't wait to open that empty box because at least it doesn't have poop in it!
This is how they spin stuff that doesn't matter. One is for gay marriage, and the other against it, and one is for or against abortion etc, and then people vote accordingly never realizing that these things are not controlled by presidents.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:29 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,103,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Gay issues will and should be decided by the states. It's not a national election issue and shouldn't be considered when voting for a president.
of course it isn't a national election policy and should not be an issue in who we do or do not support. I do not like bigotry in any fashion regardless of which side one is on, but there are certain issues that have little or nothing to do with the federal government or the election of our Pres.

Nita

Old 05-07-2012, 01:53 PM

1,329 posts, read 826,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

There are so many other more serious issues that affect everyone, "gay rights" should be way down on anyone's priority list. If the country continues on its downward spiral and the dollar implodes, everyone will be in dire straits.
Gay rights is a very serious issue. How many gay people do you know? Got any clue how much homophobia and indifference hurts them? I know plenty of people whose lives were ruined because somebody thougth they were lesser for being gay. As in, losing millions of dollars or being denied veterans benefits (because that's what the military's policy did against gays).

Old 05-07-2012, 02:00 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,425,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
If your number one concern while voting this November is "gay rights" well you probably need to reevaluate your priorities.
Keeping out of war is my main priority, but I'm glad to see it doesn't conflict with my support of gay rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies