Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 12:11 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times

Advertisements

Two shopping lifting charges when she was 18. Background check...Oops, she's outta there.

Yolanda Quesada Fired From Wells Fargo For Shoplifting 40 Years Ago

Yolanda Quesada Fired From Wells Fargo For Shoplifting 40 Years Ago

More at link

I think this is a little excessive, but that's the rules!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 12:15 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
It is beyond excessive, and I am glad I took most of money out of Wells Fargo and put it in a local credit union. They will fire this woman who was a great employee over a minor crime 40 years ago, but they have no problem laundering drug money. Shame on Wells Fargo!

Old 05-07-2012, 12:58 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
wells fargo is just complying with federal law;

Quote:
"Because Wells Fargo is an insured depository institution, we are bound by federal law that generally prohibits us from hiring or continuing the employment of any person who we know has a criminal record involving dishonesty or breach of trust,"

Old 05-07-2012, 01:05 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
She was fired for lying on her application. Some of you ding dongs never get that from these stories.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Youthful indescretions? After high school? That makes her an accountable adult, not some misguided youth. I didn't shoplift anything as an adult, therefore there has never been a problem with my background check, including the Secret Security Clearance that I possess. Had she not been shoplifting as an adult, and then lying about it, she wouldn't have suffered this fate. Whose fault is this? Certainly not Wells Fargos' fault.

Personal Responsibility is a lifetime endeavor that could and should have accountability attached to it, no matter who you are.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:09 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Don't worry... more pointless regulation is good for you... thanks Uncle Sam!

Old 05-07-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
wells fargo is just complying with federal law;
So why did it take 5 years to find it? I have never heard of a background check taking 5 years. There is more to this story than is being reported. Most likely, Wells Fargo got rid of her since she is close to retirement age.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:10 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
So why did it take 5 years to find it? I have never heard of a background check taking 5 years. There is more to this story than is being reported. Most likely, Wells Fargo got rid of her since she is close to retirement age.
I agree.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Youthful indescretions? After high school? That makes her an accountable adult, not some misguided youth. I didn't shoplift anything as an adult, therefore there has never been a problem with my background check, including the Secret Security Clearance that I possess. Had she not been shoplifting as an adult, and then lying about it, she wouldn't have suffered this fate. Whose fault is this? Certainly not Wells Fargos' fault.

Personal Responsibility is a lifetime endeavor that could and should have accountability attached to it, no matter who you are.
Because of a really stupid decision, I got a felony burglary charge at 20 years old. I would never steal again, nor have I. Because of that, I am very limited in jobs that I can get now. After being laid off after 5 years at the same job,six months later, I cannot even find a minimum wage job because the competition is so fierce, and I am now passed up because of a bad decision 17 years ago. So now, I live off of unemployment. Although I hate it, that is the way it is.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:17 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I thought of that too. It's entirely within the realm of possibility. I'm sure the excuses to get rid of someone are thin, with federal regulation being the legal backbone to make those decisions more easy to make. However, I don't think this has much to do with it. Banks are anxious to get regulators off their collective backs. Any glitch in the process only invites more fury. An employee with a record isn't worth giving the additional leverage to Big Government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies