Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 09:29 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
From the OP's article:

Indiana mom sends son to school with stun gun to confront bullies - CNN.com

As was mentioned, it does not justify the ridicule he got, but this is the reality of the issue. He wore what would be considered controversial even in adult society. To think he could be so flamboyant in high school? It is High School, seriously, it is the epitome of judgmental and aggressive society, what was he thinking?

During my days, wearing normal clothes that were not of a fad or teeny bopper fashion would sometimes gain ridicule. Those who were too different from the average in school were always catching some heat from the idiots and as I said, the clothing could be as normal as a stripped shirt and jeans, etc...

Like I said, while it doesn't justify any attacks he may have received, any thought to the matter would have had him coming to the likely conclusion of him wearing women's clothing being a big no no. I think this is a case of self inflicted conflict and it takes away from the real issues of people who are attacked and do their best to avoid being the center of attention.

I think this child has some emotional and mental issues that result in a desire to seek attention through such conflict.
In their "ideal society" the guys not wearing skirts will get ridiculed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 09:31 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
That's right. Nudists have rights, too.

Good Grief!

Old 05-08-2012, 09:32 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
There's only a BIG difference to going nude in public as opposed to a boy going to school dressed as a girl to somebody who is not being consistent....

A boy going to school dressed as a girl is a distraction....not much unlike going to school naked. If I want to go to school with no clothes on... I should be allowed to do it. Period.

You have to reduce people with this stance to this very simple part for the sake of making them consistent. Either that or simply make them admit they are exercising their own preference... But you would have a much easier time doing the former than the latter.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:35 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Are you comparing being Jewish to being openly gay?
How is that any different? In fact, being Jewish is much more of a choice than being gay is. And, as many people have pointed out, a child does not deserve reprieve from bullying if they draw attention to themselves for being different. My Star of David clearly was drawing too much attention to myself. But to many here, it's OK.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:43 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
If you're Jewish and going to public school, you should leave your star home while at school. Wear it to religious or family functions, but when you're in a neutral setting, leave it off.

Having the right to do something doesn't always mean it's the sensible thing to do. This is especially true of children with parents too stupid to realize that letting their kid 'express himself' isn't necessarily the smart thing.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:52 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Default Indiana mom sends gay son to school with stun gun to confront bullies

Mom should go to jail, she failed big time, you don't send your kid to school with a weapon, what an idiot.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:04 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
If you're Jewish and going to public school, you should leave your star home while at school. Wear it to religious or family functions, but when you're in a neutral setting, leave it off.

Having the right to do something doesn't always mean it's the sensible thing to do. This is especially true of children with parents too stupid to realize that letting their kid 'express himself' isn't necessarily the smart thing.
And yet almost all of my teachers wore crosses. Fancy that. But again, I guess it's OK for them, because they were in the majority.

Should an observant Jew be forced to shirk his duties and not wear a kippah to public school?

What about when I lost my hair from chemo. Should I have not worn any kind of head covering, because it's distracting and makes me different? Was it OK that people called me a "d ike" because of my appearance while sick? After all, I looked different.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:17 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Mom should go to jail, she failed big time, you don't send your kid to school with a weapon, what an idiot.
I wonder if CPS got involved in this brouhaha. Sending your child to school with a weapon is, at the least, negligence and at worst, child endangerment.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:24 AM

831 posts, read 680,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Homosexuality is not normal. Flair is not normal. A male dressing like a girl is not normal. Calling your child "Dynasty" is not normal.

This kid is riddled for life. Gender neutralization and gender bending has societal consequences, as it should. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

I may agree with you on the homo tendencies but i also know that not so long ago men were wearing skirts (romans) and kilts (scottish), chitons (greeks) that were considered normal attire, pants were rediculed only because barbarians were wairing them. Funny how its turned up on its head.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:44 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyThief View Post
I am glad we have you to define what is normal, and what is not. Homosexuality is normal, and occurs naturally in nature across different species as does stupidity.
Do you consider the actions of black widows normal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies