Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:21 AM

14,468 posts, read 11,246,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Excuses?

Massachusetts had the weakest employment growth of any state from 2002 to 2006 except for Mississippi and Louisiana, which suffered the brunt of Hurricane Katrina, and Michigan itself, which was buffeted by the auto industry’s woes.
What about Ohio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 11:47 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,574,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
What about Ohio?

I'm from Michigan. Ask me about a place that exists.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:50 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,969,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
No it doesn't. Why should his personal money go into creating jobs for people? Do you fund any job programs with your personal bank account? I didn't think so.

You guys whine and moan about Mitt Romney, but at the end of the day you're no better than he is if you're not holding yourself to the same standard that you hold him to as a private citizen.
But Romney is one of the evil rich guys they so despise. That is what they're told and that is what they're sticking to dammit!!!!

Old 05-08-2012, 11:51 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,881,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Can you document for us what businesses he owns? Can you document the number of people he hired, fired, and/or laid off at those businesses?

Sounds like an empty argument to me with data.
Exactly.

Uh...op...he created lots and lots of jobs while at Bain, which help start businesses like Sports Authority and Staples...where we ALL have shopped at some point.

I smell.....fear.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:57 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,616,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Exactly.

Uh...op...he created lots and lots of jobs while at Bain, which help start businesses like Sports Authority and Staples...where we ALL have shopped at some point.

I smell.....fear.
Yup, and he destroyed a lot of jobs, too, like those at Georgetown Steel.

He also cost the gov't a lot of revenue, by lobbying for (and then exploiting) some illogical and counterproductive tax breaks on debt.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I'm from Michigan. Ask me about a place that exists.
They got Toledo, you got the U.P., you should feel sorry for them.

My wife is, coincidentally, from Bloomfield Hills (Mitt's hometown) and we had neighbors here in Boston who were from Ohio. They were borderline white trash and when I complained about their lack of property upkeep my wife said "What do you expect, they're from Ohio!".

That was my introduction to the Ohio/Michigan animosity.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:05 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,887,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
When will these RWNJs realize a government is NOT a business and the skill set needed to be a corporate vulture is not the same as the skills needed to administer a government? Never, I suppose.
when will the left wing realize that a "community organizer" does not have the skills needed to run a country?

when will the left realize that all this government spending is sucking money out of our private sector- with all the increased interest payments, and all the higher taxes because goods now cost more (INFLATION TAX)-----and every american can see that with their own eyes.

when will the left realize that americans are tired of uncontrolled illegal immigration, undeclared wars and unaccounted for war spending, foreign aid,this new world order, the global warming agenda/tax, shutting down of OUR energy industries, and excess government spending with no self-control whatsoever.

the majority of americans understand that we cannot keep spending literally trillions of dollars a year (and, of course, that will have to increase on the course we are currently on ) just to maintain the lousy status quo that we have now---with more people who have given up looking for work, more people who cannot feed their families properly, many more people who just want a chance at AMERICAN JOBS, and the reemergence of american industry without government picking the winners and losers of taxpayer money.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
They got Toledo, you got the U.P., you should feel sorry for them.

My wife is, coincidentally, from Bloomfield Hills (Mitt's hometown) and we had neighbors here in Boston who were from Ohio. They were borderline white trash and when I complained about their lack of property upkeep my wife said "What do you expect, they're from Ohio!".

That was my introduction to the Ohio/Michigan animosity.
lol...

GoBlue

Old 05-08-2012, 12:13 PM

Default lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Exactly.

I smell.....fear.

Of Romney's ten biggest moneymakers, he ultimately destroyed four of them, leaving bankruptcy judges to clean up.

Sources - WSJ

Old 05-08-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
lol...

GoBlue
She's a Boilermaker but her parents and brother are Wolverines.

So is my NFL team's QB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies