Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:00 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
-Sees everyone as equals and their worth determined by their personality, merit, and treatment of others (as opposed to their race/ethnicity, creed/religion, gender and sexual orientation)

I think that Jesus would reflect the latter category very much.
very interesting, the thought that jesus is ok with a transgendered budahist, as long as, you know, they have a nice personality!

Old 09-23-2007, 10:02 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
(Note: more epitomized in the western US, esp. most of the West Coast)

You had me until that line! IMO, maybe more accurately, Massachusetts to upper half of Hudson River valley to the northern halves of most of the northern tier of Midwestern states to Minnesota, then jump west to the Pacific Coast then south to Santa Cruz and Monterey. Stop.

Last edited by ParkTwain; 09-23-2007 at 11:23 PM..

Old 09-24-2007, 12:54 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,765,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Jesue was a republican, He said " Give a man a fish and he will eat for one day, teach him how to fish and he will eat everyday. " In other words no welfare for your lazy butt....
Could you please provide a biblical reference (chapter and verse) for your post? Thank you in advance.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:24 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,288,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Jesue was a republican, He said " Give a man a fish and he will eat for one day, teach him how to fish and he will eat everyday. " In other words no welfare for your lazy butt....
interesting. what if the teachers weren't well enough paid, staffed, or equipped? what if the "teachers" were absentee, too distracted by life-otherwise in an increasingly reward the rich, forget the poor world? oh, vicious cycles...

Old 09-26-2007, 07:41 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,383,950 times
I love when people quote things from the bible that aren't in the bible.

It was already pointed out that "Give a Man a fish/Teach a man to fish" isn't biblical and that those aren't the words of Jesus.

Furthermore, I want to point out (and have) that he DID give men fish, and only mentioned teaching them to be fishers of men.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:59 PM

638 posts, read 2,280,665 times
Default It should be fun watching you meet your maker....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
In one word: NO. Liberalism goes against EVERYTHING that Christianity teaches.

The hard left tries to say Jesus would side iwth liberals because liberals are for welfare, but what Christ wanted was PEOPLE, not the government to help one another. It is not forced, it is voluntary and from the heart.

The Bible clearly teaches "if you do not work, you shall not eat". So how can liberals justify pumping cash into lazy people? Exactly!

We can discuss that further in the "Religion" forum.
and eat all of your hypocrytical words. Obviously you have never read a word Jesus said. I wish your right wing nut jobs would learn to read and quit trying to make Jesus into Hitler.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:45 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,129 times
we're all going to hell.... how about that? LOL

Old 09-26-2007, 05:51 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
we're all going to hell.... how about that? LOL
Hey, we're there. How else would you describe getting stuck in traffic in front of a car with an ultra-powerful subwoofer?

My wife makes me promise on a regular basis not to get a concealed weapon permit. Bless her heart. She's kept me out of the Green Mile.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:53 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,544,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

My wife makes me promise on a regular basis not to get a concealed weapon permit. Bless her heart. She's kept me out of the Green Mile.
ahhhh, finally one thing we match on, Yeledaf, my brother.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:29 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Hey, we're there. How else would you describe getting stuck in traffic in front of a car with an ultra-powerful subwoofer?

yeledaf, I thought i was the only one, try this, If they are behind you just put your rig in park until they start tooting on their little honda horn then get out , leave the gun in your rig (of course), walk back and tell him we are not going anywhere until you turn the rap off, and turn your hat around while your at it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies