Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 07:48 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times

Advertisements

Harrier, I'm curious to know if you still feel this is a "States rights" issue, even after I I showed you some of the approx 1000 Federal level rights, protections and benefits that come from being legally married?

If so, care to explain that opinion?

IMO, the bottom line is that this IS a Federal level issue and it needs to get before the SCOTUS as soon as possible. There is absolutely no legal basis to deny two consenting adults of the same sex the ability to enter into the marriage contract.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:05 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
is to complicated for you ?

gay marriage -> more acceptance of homosexuality -> people who never would have had a homosexual relationship now do so -> more people now have STDs.

That is, without exception, the single most crazy idea I've ever seen posted on this forum.

People are either straight, gay, or bi. They're going to have sex, usually, but not always, choosing their partners based upon their orientation.

Gay marriage will have exactly ZERO impact on disease patterns. To suggest otherwise is downright batty.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:22 AM

8,043 posts, read 10,634,161 times
So surprising the way this vote turned out isn't it, considering the media keeps shoving these "Polls" at us that says the majority of us are just A-OK with gay marriage? And yet almost everytime it is voted on, even in California, the majority of people vote just the opposite.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:28 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
I love the way these things are worded at the polls...

the Art of Deception.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:30 AM

409 posts, read 254,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
So surprising the way this vote turned out isn't it, considering the media keeps shoving these "Polls" at us that says the majority of us are just A-OK with gay marriage? And yet almost everytime it is voted on, even in California, the majority of people vote just the opposite.

Agreed. All those so-called polls have either been tampered with or done completely wrong. I don't know anyone that approves of gay marriage and there's a vote the people vote against it.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:35 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
Quote:
Right. If the people really wanted it this would be reflected by the voters each and every time everywhere. The homosexual radicals know this and instead are terrified of the voters because they know that the people do NOT want society redefined just to accommodate 3% of the population.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:37 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
is you get you to think I'm a bigger idiot and bigot than you think I am currently.
I don't think that is humanly possible. And I think most on this board would agree with me.

It puzzles me when I see someone from a segment of society that has been discriminated against turns around and does it to another group.

If God existed he would be ashamed of people like you.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:39 AM

Question hmm...

Quote:

When has the citizenry voted against oppression?

Old 05-12-2012, 09:40 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Agreed. All those so-called polls have either been tampered with or done completely wrong. I don't know anyone that approves of gay marriage and there's a vote the people vote against it.
I see the problem you have.....you live in Mississippi. Try speaking to someone that doesn't share your religious hang-ups. Heck try speaking to someone that has above a 6th grade education.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:44 AM

Question hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
I don't know anyone that approves of gay marriage and there's a vote the people vote against it.
Have you actively sought out a person in your community who does approve, in order to understand their viewpoint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies