Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2012, 06:36 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
I know, right??? Imagine that, we actually have sexual freedom in our society!

Horrifying!!!
Why are you opposed to pedophiles? Shouldn't they have "sexual freedom"?

Old 05-15-2012, 06:39 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Good for North Carolina.
Where the Ha Ha Ha Democrats are having their Convention. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

At least 31 states have constitutional amendments banning homosexual marriages.

The real thing that angers these gay people, is that they think that they should be able to force states into making employers provide medical benefits to their boyfriends. Not gonna happen.

Homosexuals really should be putting their hopes on "Hope and Change".

Obamacare !!!

Oh yeah ---- that's going to be declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in June.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:42 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

The Progressives best friend is the ACLU.

They are very pro NAMBLA.

Enough said about Democrats.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You bet I do, and you can bet that I WOULD sue.
I don't - don't you care about the downtrodden poor? It must be nice to be as rich as you apparently are - wait - aren't liberals always trashing people who have money - and accusing conservatives like me of being "rich snobs". Sorry pal - but it is possible to be low in funds and be politically conservative. I am the walking poster boy for the type.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:45 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,615,635 times
Quote:
What a stupid question.

Pedophiles prey on individuals who have not yet reached the point that they can consent to what is happening.

Adult homosexuals participating in consensual actions are preying on, nor harming, nobody.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Polygamy used to be legal. Marriage was redefined to no longer allow it.
Please state when this was done. And also be specific as to what jurisdiction in polygamy was legal.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
What a stupid question.

Pedophiles prey on individuals who have not yet reached the point that they can consent to what is happening.

Adult homosexuals participating in consensual actions are preying on, nor harming, nobody.
What is your opinion on statutory rape laws? You know - those laws that say it is illegal for an 18 year old to have consensual sex with a 16 year old? Just curious, since you brought up the idea of consent.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:55 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,615,635 times
Quote:
What is your opinion on statutory rape laws? You know - those laws that say it is illegal for an 18 year old to have consensual sex with a 16 year old? Just curious, since you brought up the idea of consent.
I think the age of consent ought be somewhere in the range of 14, and that Romeo and Juliet exemptions ought exist so that a 16 year old doesn't end up being labeled a sex offender for having consensual sex with his or her younger significant other.

The idea of a 40 year old sleeping with a 17 year old is somewhat skeevy, but in my opinion 17 is old enough to understand what is happening to a significant enough degree that consent, assuming it's granted, is legit.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And more states are allowing gay marriage every year, so I guess you'll be on the losing side of things eventually.

How do you know most gays & lesbians DON'T also support polygamy? I'd have no problem with that, and I'm a supporter of gay marriage too... the two are not mutually exclusive, and it's awfully presumptuous of you to assume otherwise.
You have absolutely no sense of right and wrong - and you identify yourself as a Jew? Please.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
I think the age of consent ought be somewhere in the range of 14, and that Romeo and Juliet exemptions ought exist so that a 16 year old doesn't end up being labeled a sex offender for having consensual sex with his or her younger significant other.

The idea of a 40 year old sleeping with a 17 year old is somewhat skeevy, but in my opinion 17 is old enough to understand what is happening to a significant enough degree that consent, assuming it's granted, is legit.
We agree with something then - although I advocate for abstinance from sex until marriage - I am not willing to criminalize the acts of those who disagree with me - which should blow those who call me a member of the "American Taliban" out of the water. I also oppose the death penalty and support legalization of marijuana. So, sue me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies