Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 03:21 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Thank the good Lord Jesus and people of NC the ban has been passed! Liberals think they have won the war over this country.
Jesus had nothing to do with it, he's not a resident and is'nt allowed to vote in NC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The war is JUST beginning. Republicans are going to take back this country one by one!!
Have visions of Crusades dancing thru your head do ya?

One by one what?

Old 05-09-2012, 03:25 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
It's not our fault the term "marriage" was attached to the law.
This is the real issue as far as Im concerned.

The word 'marriage' obviously needs to be removed from Civil Law.

I bet most voters have no problem giving gay couples all the same rights and privileges currently only given to straight married couples.

The issue is the word 'marriage'.

So remove marriage completely from civil law and make all couples, gay or straight enter into legal 'contracts' or 'unions' or 'domestic partnerships'---whatever.

Then if they want to get 'married', they can go to a church to do that. If some churches perform gay marriages that's their business, if others dont then that's up to them as well, the law would be totally uninvolved.

15,070 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You mean like those who say government is the problem yet grow it when they have the chance?

You mean like those who oppose government spending yet spend like drunken sailors when it suits their agenda?

You mean like those who cry for less government yet also cry for more government to support their agenda?

WAIT!

THOSE people are conservatives

Never Mind
My, the pot calling the kettle black ... how original!!

Correction ... those calling for and supporting big government are not conservatives .... they might be referred to as neo-conservatives (Neocons) .. sound familiar? Translating in plain english, NEOCON stands for fascist liberals masquarading as conservatives, and deceiving the dummy public so that they falsely believe that there is actually an opposition to this disaster of liberalism destroying the country, when there isn't.

Just to illustrate further ... Ron Paul is a conservative .... Mittens is a liberal globalist New World Order shill, just like Obama.

2,677 posts, read 2,616,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Is gay marriage or civil unions a "right" in the U.S. Constitution?

If not then all other things not in the U.S. Constitution are left up to the states to decide.
According to the SCOTUS, in Loving v. Virginia, marriage is a fundamental civil right. That case had nothing to do with same sex marriage, but it follows logically from that decision and the Equal Protection clause of the 14th Amendment that any intellectually honest jurist will have to conclude that it applies, regardless of how they may personally feel about it.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:26 PM

72 posts, read 77,936 times
Quote:
Jesus had nothing to do with it, he's not a resident and is'nt allowed to vote in NC.
Now that was good. I didn't even see it coming. Made me spit out some of my Diet Coke, but it was worth it.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
My, the pot calling the kettle black ... how original!!
My bad, I have to admit I copied your very own kettle/pot BS

Old 05-09-2012, 03:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
I am quite certain that there people who live in NC who are named Jesus - and I am curious as to why you would think that they wouldn't be allowed to vote. Do you also think that people named Jose, Julio, or Juan should not be able to vote?

Old 05-09-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I am quite certain that there people who live in NC who are named Jesus - and I am curious as to why you would think that they wouldn't be allowed to vote. Do you also think that people named Jose, Julio, or Juan should not be able to vote?
As I'm quite certain when the poster referred to "good Lord Jesus" he wasn't speaking of any current resident of NC. Or do you believe the "good Lord Jesus " resides in NC today and is registered to vote?

Old 05-09-2012, 03:36 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Miamiman said nothing about the actual text of Amendment One - he said that homosexuals should be able to form civil unions. That North Carolina disagrees does not mean that one cannot be an advocate for that policy to be changed.

What's the subject of this thread, again? Oh, yeah! It's about NC's Amendment 1...

Old 05-09-2012, 03:37 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Nothing shocking about this. Another redneck state in the South that refuses to progress. How sad.

Stop using your own arbitrary definitions of "progress"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies