Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 06:18 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How many of you lefties here are still willing to give Bill Maher a pass on all the things he says about the Palin women? I hope most of you can see what he is doing that is against what Obama meant when he called his people off Sarah back in 2008.

What has he done this last time? He says that the old boyfriend is having a baby with someone and intends to name him after his favorite brand of firearm, Baretta. Now old Bristol Palin is getting ready to have a son and will name this one, Colt 45. That SOB is causing Obama much more trouble with this crap than he can ever do the man good. It is time for you people to cut down on him and stop watching him but most of you can't do that if you have cable, can you?

So, you're upset at Maher because Palin's ex-future son in law has knocked up another girl?

You abstinence only family values Pubs are a hoot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 09:16 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
He's a comedian. You are not obligated to watch him if he offends you.
Are you saying that any comedian can give $1 million to a political candidate to campaign with and then campaign for the same person without being a part of the political landscape or just those who give the money to Obama can get by with that?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llmrkc07 View Post
Bill is the man. Just because you don't agree with him that does not give you an excuse to make a thread about him.

I know who you are voting for in 2012....
Will you be sending Obama operatives after me to stop me from voting against him? Operatives who are largely funded by the $1 million Maher gave him? If so don't wait too long because I will do everything I can to expose anything Obama does that is wrong between now and then.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
royboy doesn't understand ... comedy. Never has. Palin is a w h o r e, of sorts. And I don't think she'll deny that. She rules a dysfunctional family. Loose-sex daughter. Bi-sexual husband. The manner in which she discarded her youngest during the last campaign is worthy of scorn. She's worthy of having a bulls-eye tatooed to her back ... to make fun of.
I am guessing that you got all that "good" info about the Palin family from some outstanding source, like Maher, and now it is your turn to list the sources of your so broad knowledge about them. When can I expect to see your list?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Smile hey, roy...

Quote:
Are you saying that any comedian can give $1 million to a political candidate to campaign with and then campaign for the same person without being a part of the political landscape or just those who give the money to Obama can get by with that?
Comedians are small potatoes.

Where was your outrage over a mainstream media outlet that calls itself "news" making a big partisan political contribution?

Fox News takes heat for News Corporation’s GOP donation – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times
Quote:
How many of you lefties here are still willing to give Bill Maher a pass on all the things he says about the Palin women?
i will!

Quote:
I hope most of you can see what he is doing that is against what Obama meant when he called his people off Sarah back in 2008.
i can't, actually, I don't get HBO. (Or cable for that matter.)

Quote:
What has he done this last time? He says that the old boyfriend is having a baby with someone and intends to name him after his favorite brand of firearm, Baretta. Now old Bristol Palin is getting ready to have a son and will name this one, Colt 45. That SOB is causing Obama much more trouble with this crap than he can ever do the man good. It is time for you people to cut down on him and stop watching him but most of you can't do that if you have cable, can you?
i don't watch him, but anything he can do to slander the fascist wing of the Republican party is OK by me.

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
How many of you lefties here are still willing to give Bill Maher a pass on all the things he says about the Palin women? I hope most of you can see what he is doing that is against what Obama meant when he called his people off Sarah back in 2008.

Hannity on another rampage?

20,892 posts, read 16,069,526 times
Quote:
Any comedian. Of course.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I didn't hire Bill Maher, i don't sign his paychecks and i'm in no position to give or not give him a pass on anything. WTH are you even talking about?

Is he running for office or something? And why do you care about what he says about the Palin's?

Move on Roy. The Palin's are old news.
How about telling Maher about the Palins? He may need some help from people like you since he doesn't understand. Free pass is what you are offering.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:25 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:

Maher bought his free pass to run in the halls (with scissors), by giving his $1 million donation to Obama's PAC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies