Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 09:11 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,162,816 times

Advertisements

Americans seem more concerned about gay marriage, birth control, hookers in South America, or some fantasy FEMA camp, yet they seem to be uninterested in our food supply.

The apathy seems to cross all political lines. What gives?

Genetic engineering: The world's greatest scam? - YouTube

Last edited by Frugality; 05-08-2012 at 09:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 09:13 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
People are disinterested ... because ... it's a non issue.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
People are disinterested ... because ... it's a non issue.
Our food supply is a non issue

Old 05-08-2012, 09:21 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Our food supply is a non issue
Your words, not mine. Pay attention. Follow the bouncing ball.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:23 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,483,076 times
Because politicians are in their pockets. How many Monsanto are in positions of ,appointed, power are in the government.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:45 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
GMOs are a great way to make lots of food cheaply... and even "normal" food crops have been subject to a slower version of basically the same process for thousands of years though crop domestication. None of them are truly "natural" anymore.

What does bother me is how Monsanto seems to be trying to create a monopoly on the industry and foster the dependence of farmers on them with "suicide seeds" and the like. It also does not sit well with me that they patent life itself... it might not matter yet with plants, but what about when we can literally make sentient humanistic life? The technology is coming!

But Ultimately Monsanto and friends are just doing what any evil multinational corporation would do; to make more profitable crops, not necessarily better crops.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
GMOs are a great way to make lots of food cheaply... and even "normal" food crops have been subject to a slower version of basically the same process for thousands of years though crop domestication. None of them are truly "natural" anymore.

What does bother me is how Monsanto seems to be trying to create a monopoly on the industry and foster the dependence of farmers on them with "suicide seeds" and the like. It also does not sit well with me that they patent life itself... it might not matter yet with plants, but what about when we can literally make sentient humanistic life? The technology is coming!

But Ultimately Monsanto and friends are just doing what any evil multinational corporation would do; to make more profitable crops, not necessarily better crops.
I doubt crops mated with fish, that's just not natural. They don't call it frankenfood for nothing

Old 05-08-2012, 10:21 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,604 times
Lightbulb Thanks! I ask myself the same thing over & over....Apathy & Monsanto has too much money & power, etc. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Americans seem more concerned about gay marriage, birth control, hookers in South America, or some fantasy FEMA camp, yet they seem to be uninterested in our food supply.

The apathy seems to cross all political lines. What gives?

Genetic engineering: The world's greatest scam? - YouTube

Thanks for the thread & link!

I agree with you! It is truly sad

The revolving door with Monsanto & political positions is disgusting, and that is why we are being poisoned!

If it weren't bad for us, why does Monsanto continue to fight against labeling

ingredients as GMO's or Genetically engineered?

If its so healthy & good for us, then LABEL it, let me be the judge,
if I want to eat posion or NOT I will
vote with my pocket

They have mandatory labeling in other countries, why does the US NOT label

GMO ingredients? Oh, because Monsanto has $$$$$ fighting against it!

We have the RIGHT to KNOW!!! This is an important issue.

People have fought for labeling in other countries, and have won, yet
we are behind the ball......

Old 05-08-2012, 10:49 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Why are GMO's/Frankenfoods not a top political issue?

I guess because most of the population isn't as paranoid as the greenie weenies.....

And how can anyone take a person seriously when they use childish words like "frankenfoods"?

Old 05-08-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Why are GMO's/Frankenfoods not a top political issue?

I guess because most of the population isn't as paranoid as the greenie weenies.....

And how can anyone take a person seriously when they use childish words like "frankenfoods"?
Is this a joke????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies