Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 07:58 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times

Advertisements

Every time I see those "oldies" I remember working on the military base and how I got bronchitis time and time again with 40 smokers in the same room. Doctor used to say "Are you sure you don't smoke?" and I would explain and he would say "You have to get a different job." which I did after 8 months. Even my dogs sneeze if we pass a smoker while walking so they seem to get "it". My dad was a long time smoker and it was so sad to see what it did to him and many other olden day relatives. Addiction isn't pretty and my dad always stressed "Never start."

You still can smoke in your own home, right? Well, unless it is rented. I don't care if you make yourself sick just not myself and my family including my dogs. Just because medical care is available for a condition doesn't mean I want to suffer it.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:58 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I understand your point, but here in Cleveland when they started building the new ballpark for the Indians, and the arena for the Cavs they enacted a sin tax in Cuyahoga County and hit up the smokers and drinkers. I don't live in the county, so I try to avoid buying beer and cigarettes there. Then, when the Browns were coming back to Cleveland they extended the sin tax to fund their new stadium. So, I have a bit of a problem asking smokers and drinkers to pay for them, yet having all of the restrictions.
understandable, I would have a problem with that too.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:59 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Nice to know there are people among us who could care less about endangering others' health.
There is no conclusive evidence to support that SHS is harmful in the levels to which people come into contact with.

There is however a lot of pseudo-science heavily driven by activist politics pushing such as conclusive.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:01 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Every time I see those "oldies" I remember working on the military base and how I got bronchitis time and time again with 40 smokers in the same room. Doctor used to say "Are you sure you don't smoke?" and I would explain and he would say "You have to get a different job." which I did after 8 months. Even my dogs sneeze if we pass a smoker while walking so they seem to get "it". My dad was a long time smoker and it was so sad to see what it did to him and many other olden day relatives. Addiction isn't pretty and my dad always stressed "Never start."

You still can smoke in your own home, right? Well, unless it is rented. I don't care if you make yourself sick just not myself and my family including my dogs. Just because medical care is available for a condition doesn't mean I want to suffer it.
Not sure how an individual disposition to smoke qualifies your position as relevant. If we were to establish such as the basis for identifying what is an offensive contaminant, we would have to put everyone in a clean room.

Point is, you are an outlier, and while I sympathize with your condition, we do not force the world to meet the expectations of outliers, that is insanity.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:28 AM

867 posts, read 498,204 times
Quote:
SO THEN DON'T WALK IN THE BAR!!!! HOW HARD IS IT??? YOU HAVE A CHOICE TO GO ELSEWHERE!!!!

Based on your rants on here, and your foul posts toward others, and your authoritarian attitude, it doesn't sound like you give a damn about anyone else but yourself either!
My right NOT to be assaulted trumps your right to assault, directly or indirectly

There is noting more-foul that smokers. They are the "vent" of society.

If smokers didn't spew their filth into the public breathing aire, nobody, including myself, would care, but they do, to the detriment of the vast majority, in deference to the drub-use privilege of a small minority. Those days are over. Notice is the majoirty who only want to breath that should be forced to modify their behaviors, not the pigs who fould the air. If I started setting off stink bombs, wold you say, I have a right, and those who don't like it should go elsewhere - apparently so.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
There is no conclusive evidence to support that SHS is harmful in the levels to which people come into contact with.

There is however a lot of pseudo-science heavily driven by activist politics pushing such as conclusive.
Well, except dead bodies and people in hospital.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

The world is an ashtray and your lungs but an air-filter to the tobacco-pigs (formerly "skanks")

Old 05-10-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Not sure how an individual disposition to smoke qualifies your position as relevant. .
While at the same time, the right of a small minority of tobacco-pigs to render the publically-owned breathing-air unfit to breath is somehow sacred and iron-clad.

Hypocrisy at its foulest.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You should look in the mirror.
Just did. Beautiful, strapping guy. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
And you shouldn't be able to tell someone else what they can and cannot allow in their private establishment, or on their property! Were it my business, and you come in spewing your BS, you'd be the guy I'd toss before any smoker!
Tough talk. I am soooo scared, but not impressed a wit. It is the law protecting the rights of one group (normal people) from the violations of another (tobacco-pigs).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies