Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 04:04 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I assure you the 3,000 killed on 9/11 were good guys.
this is the problem with wars and revenge.

the citizens killed on 9-11 were good guys, and some of the people we are now killing are good guys too.

why no reciprocal sympathy for innocents everywhere?

i am not naive enough to think that there aren't bad guys in the world (there are bad guys everywhere obviously), but we need a better way to target JUST those responsible, instead of what we are doing now. there can be no long-term good out of killing children and decimating a country.

we sure as hell need better interception so attacks like 9-11 don't happen again-there were a lot of warnings ahead of time, and yet 9-11 tragically happened anyway.

maybe we should be investing more in defense, not offense--including guarding our border, for a change.

Last edited by floridasandy; 05-09-2012 at 04:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 04:08 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And at the hands of crazed terrorists, when they are getting ready to behead the innocent. I wonder if blindfolded, as their heads are getting ready to be whacked off. If they even have a chance to vomit or scream.
I knew people killed on that fateful day in September, and i have seen and witnessed the pain and suffering still to this day, for loved ones being taken way way too soon. Terrible on my part maybe, but i have no pity, sorry and no i am not sorry.
I am only sorry for your losses and all of the others that lost friends and family that day.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:34 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
another reason not to have wars-BS like this:

Weak Obama Admin Says Benefits of Secretly Releasing Taliban Soldiers Outweigh the Risks | Stand Up To Government Corruption & Hypocrisy | USBACKLASH.ORG «

the taliban are our friends and our enemies-so let's kill them, bribe them, catch them, or free them-doesn't matter! it's all good!

(quote, CBC)
So allied governments are preparing to put $100 million into something called the Reintegration and Reconciliation Program, aimed at lower- and medium-level Taliban fighters.

And that's just a start. If the bribe fund shows results, the main donors — the U.S., Britain and Japan —have indicated that up to $500 million could eventually flow towards providing new futures for deserting Taliban (end)

i am sure that they wouldn't misappropriate the money given, even if they are our "declared" enemy.

for the record, we are STILL doing this BS, with kerry wanting to arm the insurgents in syria now:
http://news.antiwar.com/2012/05/09/k...an-opposition/

imbeciles making the calls everywhere.

but don't forget real victims like pat tillman either.

Last edited by floridasandy; 05-09-2012 at 05:57 PM..

Old 05-09-2012, 07:05 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Ohhhh poor baby, we made him puke. Almost 3,000 people watching the towers crumble around them made me sick too. I think we should be able to cut their pinky fingers off to get them to say...spill their guts.
Exactly. After watching people jumping to their deaths from 110 stories, to escape the hell of burning to death, I have no sympathy with a murderer that was uncomfortable for a few seconds.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:08 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,481 times
Oh no.... not vomiting and screaming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies