Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 11:08 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Noting gets done overnight. I would join the libertarian party but I have other issues with them that go beyond the scope of this thread.
Just letting you know, we are there for you

I always say: Pick the three most important issues to oneself,
and go with that, when choosing a Pres.

Mine are foreign policy, fiscal responsibility, influence on the economy.
Obama gets an F on all three.

I just love this from his web site:
Fiscal Responsibility | The White House

"Cut the deficit in half by the end of the President’s first term. On January 20, 2009, the President inherited a $1.3 trillion budget deficit. The President has put forth a budget that will halve this deficit by the end of his first term, bring non-defense discretionary spending to its lowest level as a share of GDP since 1962."

Sorry, I'm going to have to change that F to a G

Old 05-10-2012, 11:09 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Vaginas are pretty awesome, it's true. But if marriages must have at least one vagina, wouldn't that mean that two women getting married would constitute some sort of Super Marriage?
LMAO!

Old 05-10-2012, 11:09 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
Interesting Evolution. In 1996 Obama expressed support for gay marriage.

An Obama Gay Marriage Timeline

In 2008 he claimed to believe that marriage was "between a man and a woman".

Now he supports it. I guess you could say he was for it before he was against it!

The more you look at it, the more "evolution" looks like "flip-flop".

LOL!

Old 05-10-2012, 11:12 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
You make a interesting argument but don't we all vote for us? I mean if the economy is a big issue for you, and it is for me, it is because you want a better economy so you, and yes fellow Americans, can do better. That is the same for me with gay marriage. To be honest I don't have a bf currently so its not going to have a immediate impact on my life but having the same, not special, rights that straight Americans have is high on my list. Plus more importantly not to have that used in a negative way to win a election. That should not be done in the 21st century and how can I reward that with my vote?
Why can't we have the man run on his record instead of pulling people's legs about hot button issues? The answer is that you were ready to vote against him because of his record and he switched you with the hot button issue. Remember that states allow same sex marriage as allowed in the 10th Amendment and he feels like that Amendment stands in his way on many topics. He just took you and many others to the cleaners with that "decision" and I hope you don't let it bother you too much when you remember back to this day.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
It's not like he had North Carolina in the bag for this election based on the polling. It was fairly close.

If he loses North Carolina but wins two out of the three states among Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. It won't make a difference.

By taking this stance he's also pretty much locked up states like New Jersey, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, which by the way is Mitt Romney's supposed "Home" state.

Now take a deep breath and tell me the last time a presidential candidate won an election without winning his home state?

It other words on a major social issue President Barack Obama has taken a number of voters and states out of the "Middle" in terms of moderate independent voters who as a group favor legalization of same sex marriage by 57%.
Algore almost did but had to try to steal that one since he couldn't carry his home state. That is what you are alluding to, isn't it?

Old 05-10-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
LOL...Do you, Vagina, take this Penis, to be your lawful wedded husband...to have and to hold...through thickness and thin....
Until ejaculation do you part.................Amen!

Old 05-10-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Actually he can run on the economy.

Why is he avoiding the economy as a really healthy part of his record? Somehow it appears that his advisors don't agree with you.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:21 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Then why are people getting their panties twisted? Apparently, one of right wing leaders, Rush Limbaugh, has dubbed this as a war on marriage.

Is he making that appeal to people drowning in emotions, or standing on logic?
I find it hilarious that Rush Limpballs is weighing in on "gay marriage" when that tub of Goo has been married & divorced 3 times!

Old 05-10-2012, 11:23 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I find it hilarious that Rush Limpballs is weighing in on "gay marriage" when that tub of Goo has been married & divorced 3 times!
Would you apply the same to those who support gay marriage? If a supporter of gay marriage has been married several times, does that disqualify them from voicing an opinion?

And if not, why not?

Old 05-10-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
So?

The people of California made their voice heard. The liberal voters outnumber the conservative voters and Prop 8 still passed. A clear message was sent - and then the one (in)justice took our vote away. California does not want marriage to be redefined - dissecting the vote by county doesn't change the fact that the people's will was ignored.
Clear messages were also sent when segregation was legalized in this country in the 19th century. Those laws denied a group of Americans their civil rights the same current prohibitions against same sex marriage deny people their civil rights.

That's exactly why these laws will eventually crumble into sandstones of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies