Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 08:12 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Well, that's the beauty of living in the United States of America... we are entitled to have different views, different religious beliefs (or none at all), and different ideas of what marriage means. It's up to the courts to decide what is legal or not, but you cannot tell me what to believe otherwise - and yes, I do feel that marriage is just a concept. What else could it be, a tangible object?

P.S. That passage you quote above doesn't use the word marriage, which is what I requested from the Christians here. I requested that for a reason, because interpreting other translated words isn't evident enough to me as a Jew... it also seems to be referring to divorce, and I don't see many Christians pushing for that to be made illegal!
Your right it is the beauty of America, but your statement sounded like we all feel marriage is a concept to some it was created by God and that's good enough.

It doesn't say that in so many words. However, every time marriage is referred to, it is clear that what is meant is marriage between a man and a woman.
1 Cor. 7:2-3 says, "Since there is so much immorality each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife and likewise." All throughout the Bible are examples of men and women who are married, like Jesus's earthly parents: Mary and Joseph.

In Gen. 1:18 it says, "This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph..." The Bible speaks of keeping marriage holy and pure between a man and woman, but the Bible never speaks of two people of the same-sex being holy or pure or of God.

Some say marriage is recorded in Genesis. "And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh"
(Genesis 2:23-24). God created man and then made woman out of "bone of his bone." The process as recorded tells us that God took one of Adam's "ribs"
(Genesis 2:21-22). The Hebrew word literally means the side of a person.

(Ephesians 5:22-23)" "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it"
(Ephesians 5:25)." So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church"
(Ephesians 5:28-29). "For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh"

Old 05-11-2012, 08:20 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Where does Obama take Gay Issues from here?
I think he will come out of the closet

Old 05-11-2012, 08:25 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
The two shall be one flesh. In order to create a whole spiritual body you must blend the two - the two opposites--the positive and the negative into ONE powerful entity- It is not good for a man to be alone..coupled with a woman- He is finally a whole person...Two take two half persons of the same sex- no matter how you join them they will not be whole and they will be two half people no matter what.

Yes the same sex can be companions..they are entitled to love each other but they are not a man and a woman. To pretend they are and for a man to call the other his husband--- does not make sense. Husbandry is the taking care of females in the herd...a man can not husband another man.

I am not about to "bash" those that are afraid to be alone and crave permanent companionship in one of the same sex..Homosexuality in nature is a mutation...I have nothing against those that are this way- I have no use for those who are not predisposed by nature but fake being gay - They say that they do not exist is folly- Some are mutants- others are mimics and other are common lazy dominating old school sodomists...It's a complex issue and it is not cut and dry.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:41 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The two shall be one flesh. In order to create a whole spiritual body you must blend the two - the two opposites--the positive and the negative into ONE powerful entity- It is not good for a man to be alone..coupled with a woman- He is finally a whole person...Two take two half persons of the same sex- no matter how you join them they will not be whole and they will be two half people no matter what.
Let me guess: You think males are 'positive' and females are 'negative'?

Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times
What is Obama's stance on oral sex?

I have heard black guys don't like half of that business.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:46 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
and we we're told we were crazy when we said the gay rights bill would lead to gay marriage and us being forced to do things that were against are religion. and we were right.

in order for you to understand what I'm saying you would have to learn psychology, child psychology, history, sociology, and statistics.

come back to me when you know that.
I have. And your posts are still completely prejudiced uneducated BS.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Let me guess: You think males are 'positive' and females are 'negative'?
Set a trap to catch some brain washed politically correct person---and it looks like I caught one....better start the barbie...

My post was a load of nonsense and I knew it was as I typed....Positive and negative do not mean good and bad- I was thinking more of magnetic fields tht attract naturally. I guess you thought you got me on some woman hating thing and I think that woman are negative...or bad--- you are silly....Why did you not just call me a phobe of some kind- a homo-phobe or a womba-phobe...some kind of phobe..? Nice try- it seems when I type nonsense it attracts those with no sense.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:54 PM

749 posts, read 838,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I think he will come out of the closet
Hell, if I was married to that horrid looking bag, I'd come out of the closet too.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Hell, if I was married to that horrid looking bag, I'd come out of the closet too.
NO---He is going back into the closet and going to have himself a good cry- already his wife is tired of this whole president first lady thing--she has had her fun and wants to go home--to much work being the first lady.....and Obama does not care if he is re-elected...He is tired of the adventure..the thrill is gone as they say.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:20 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So now you think that you are going to be forced to take a partner of the same sex....That has to be one of the lamest things you've said, and there is a lot to choose from...You, sir are giving Jews a really bad name and you should hang your head in shame.
You know, after a while, one just has to say, WTF to all that nonsense.
Know what I mean?
Because its all just ridiculousness of the first order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies