Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 12:43 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Perhaps you're right. Perhaps homosexuality is only being condemned if you're involved in some Roman pagan ritual. Let's go with that.
Then please, explain to us the context of the paragraphs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 12:48 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
No offense, but this supports Fiyero's position, and his link providing context. Is god condemning homosexuals... or pagan rituals (both involving ritualistic homosexuality, or not) in the paragraphs quoted above?
Romans 1 mentiones many sins. It does no good trying to downplay them by explaining them away by insisting they are OK unless performed as a part of a Roman ritual. That is a nonsense argument.

- evil
- greed
- depravity
- envy,
-murder
- strife
- deceit
- malice
- gossipping
- slandering
- God-hating
- Idioltary
- insolent
- arrogant
- boastful
- inventing ways of doing evil
- disobey their parents
- no understanding
- no fidelity
- no love
- no mercy
- gay sex
- approve of those who practice sinse

Old 05-10-2012, 12:49 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about self defense. Let's say you rape my daughter and I hunt you down and kill you. Will this be okay in the eyes of the law?

What is the point of responding to your quotes? I actually started going through each one and went back and deleted my responses, because I realize that you aren't seeking knowledge here...only an argument.

I absolutely do not speak on behalf of Christians. Only myself *as a Christian*. There is a difference.
It depends on the specifics of the case and how quickly things play out. If you have time to cool off, then your killing that person is not justified under the law. If you walk in on such an action, you may be not guilty be reason of temporary insanity but cases like this are very subjective which they should be. These things require reasoned examination not some eye for an eye foolishness. If you want that, move to afghanistan.

Responding to the actual quotes is paramount in explaing why christians are being hypocrits. You probably realize your answers aren't sufficient so you don't provide them and make excuses. You claim you believe in the new testemant. I posted new testament laws that the majority of christians ignore but you don't think that's important in regards to this thread. That's interesting.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:52 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Actually, he revoked 5 of them. Only 5 exist in the New Testament.
That's nonsense. But assuming that were true, he did not revoke the commandment against adultery, under which all sexual sins fall.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:55 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Does the fact the other religions are worst then christians alleviate the fact that christians are being discriminatory in this matter? I think not. You're free to start a thread about other religions stances on the matter. I'll be sure to chime in

I've repeatedly said that you're free to believe in whatever it is you want to believe in as long as it doesn't trample on peoples civil rights.

I don't hold your imaginary god or any imaginary god in any reverence. They're characters in a book. I respect you as a person but I don't have to respect your religion or belief system. Should I respect the KKK or nazis? They have belief systems. Questioning/challenging someones beliefs is not disrespectful. Religions have survived because it's customary to look the other way when religion is involved. That's why the cathloic church scandal went on so long. Those days are over. If you can't handle the questioning of your beliefs, find a new belief. I don't do pro-gay christians a disservice by pointing out the inherent hypocrisy of their beliefs and actions. They do it a disservice by apologizing for the hyprocrisy and giving those who vote against civil rights cover.
You say you respect me as a person, but not my belief in an imaginary God. Yet, you fail to see how I could respect a gay person, but not their practice of homosexuality.

Questioning or challenging a viewpoint is not disrespectful. I guess some subscribe to schoolyard insults to make their point. Fair enough. You sound like a really unhappy and frustrated person.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Then please, explain to us the context of the paragraphs.
No, I won't. But I will refer you to Proverbs 23:9.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:58 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
This is why the government should get out of the business of performing marriages. Like it or not, this presents a HUGE moral/religious dilemma for many Christians. I am one of them. I, do not agree with homosexuality and/or gay marriage. However, I support it on a human rights level. This has been a HARD thing for me to reconcile. Mainly because as a Christian, if you associate with sinners, you are also guilty of that sin.

So, while I disagree with homosexuality/gay marriage, I realize that, with the way the "marriage system" is handled in the US, sticking to my personal beliefs will result in the denial of rights to others. I have reached a point when I've realized that this is just not okay. It still creates a huge spiritual dilemma for me...but that's my problem.
Let me resolve your dilemma for you. People can't marry their mother or father or brother or sister or their pets, no matter how much they love them. That's because marriage is the union of a man and a woman. Any other arrangement is purely that--an arrangement. It's not a marriage.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
It depends on the specifics of the case and how quickly things play out. If you have time to cool off, then your killing that person is not justified under the law. If you walk in on such an action, you may be not guilty be reason of temporary insanity but cases like this are very subjective which they should be. These things require reasoned examination not some eye for an eye foolishness. If you want that, move to afghanistan.
We're not talking about depending on the circumstances. We're talking murder plan and simple, with no explanation at all. BTW, folks are jailed in cases of crimes of passion.

Quote:
Responding to the actual quotes is paramount in explaing why christians are being hypocrits. You probably realize your answers aren't sufficient so you don't provide them and make excuses. You claim you believe in the new testemant. I posted new testament laws that the majority of christians ignore but you don't think that's important in regards to this thread. That's interesting.
No, I just know your mindset. I see the way you're posting and the contempt you have for Christianity. I have no desire to do any sort of C-D evangelism with you.

Perhaps this will help you in your struggle to understand: Not all people who say they are Christians, are Christians in practice. Not all Christians are good people. And no Christian is without sin.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
That's nonsense. But assuming that were true, he did not revoke the commandment against adultery, under which all sexual sins fall.
I know many Christians who take this position. They are against homosexuality because it is fornication, which is a sin.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:03 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
No, I won't. But I will refer you to Proverbs 23:9.
You have to HAVE wisdom to be able to espouse it.

But nice try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies