Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:54 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Fracking is a great example of a 1st degree stupid "live for today" behavior... permanently poisioning water aquifers (often in the dryest parts of the country) so we can pay $3.70 a gallon instead of $3.80? Very, very stupid.

what the chango said^^^^ the future gens will hate fracking thats for sure!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 09:55 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Do you live in Vermont? No? Understand the state? No. Vermont doesn't even allow signs on the side of the highways. They have basically no gas reserves, but the odd mix of hunter types and tree huggers in the state all love the natural beauty.

I guess your argument is that Vermont is going to invade the other states and force fracking laws down their throat? Otherwise, I'm not sure what war you're talking about or even what your point is here other than to whine.
Read before spewing your nonsense............

"Like the article says this is pretty much a symbolic gesture "

I take it from the frothing at the mouth from the liberals the war on fracking will ensue nonstop from this point on. Lefties keep destroying the energy sector then turn around and wonder why the economy isn't recovering. Being ignorant is one thing but when the facts are handed to you and you remain ignorant is a choice. Many choose ignorance it appears.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:00 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So all the swooners who said hey it's just fine to punish coal and oil because we got natural gas what will now happen when the push to ban fracking marches on?? Like the article says this is pretty much a symbolic gesture by Vermont but how many more to follow? When there is nothing left but mirrors and windmill will you be happy? Spain wasn't.

Vermont poised to be first state to outlaw fracking | Reuters
The environ-loons think they can oppose coal, oil, gas, nuclear and still be able to flip a light switch and grab a beer out of the frig.

I remember when we all wanted fresh air, natural gas for electricity, and methanol fuel for cars would be a huge leap in obtaining cleaner air, but the libs will have nothing to do with it. This AGW scam has poisoned their minds, and adding to our national debt, historical unemployment and what appears to be a lost generation. thanks looney tunes, thanks Obama.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:01 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
So all the swooners who said hey it's just fine to punish coal and oil because we got natural gas what will now happen when the push to ban fracking marches on?? Like the article says this is pretty much a symbolic gesture by Vermont but how many more to follow? When there is nothing left but mirrors and windmill will you be happy? Spain wasn't.

Vermont poised to be first state to outlaw fracking | Reuters
I guess you do not believe in States rights.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:02 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,643 times
Yet another pathetic partisan attempt to polarize the issue. There are plenty of conservatives in Vermont who hug trees (and shoot wildlife) just as much as the hippies do. Perhaps you shouldn't spout your nonsense unless you've spent any time there.

There's no energy sector there to destroy. Also, the last time I checked, the country has a higher oil output now than it did under Bush. Put away the partisan whining or at least go find an actual issue to talk about.

There's pretty much no oil reserves in Vermont. People there love the outdoors and that's why they passed something like this.

It takes a partisan like yourself, full of emotion and no logic, to turn this into a 'War'.

Perhaps you can get some of your tea bagger buddies to go to Montpelier to protest Vermont's War on their non-existent oil industry. It'd save people from other silly posts such as your linking a 90's era law to the current healthcare reform.

Quote:
This AGW scam has poisoned their minds, and adding to our national debt, historical unemployment and what appears to be a lost generation. thanks looney tunes, thanks Obama.
The historic unemployment has to do with a lack of regulation in the financial sector. Global warming zealots didn't cause mortgage backed securities, credit default swaps, poor risk analysis, etc. The looney tunes you're talking about really should be those that oppose financial regulation. That's not Obama, but the people who you probably think are perfect.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I guess you do not believe in States rights.
Where you get that from is beyond me. I guess you have nothing else to add but nonsense like usual so have at it.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:06 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Fracking is a great example of a 1st degree stupid "live for today" behavior... permanently poisioning water aquifers (often in the dryest parts of the country) so we can pay $3.70 a gallon instead of $3.80? Very, very stupid.
Foolish people make foolish statements.

The gas wells are drilled to about 10,000 feet and then fracked. The wells are tripled case as they pass through the aquifer. The average water well is 200 feet.

Explain to me how fracking fluid can then poison a well?

Some people need to get a clue.

3,045 posts, read 3,192,643 times
Don't worry, he'll be dreaming up Florida's war on snow later or bring up how Montana is going to war with the ocean. Haha. Partisans are such a pathetic bunch.

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Where you get that from is beyond me. I guess you have nothing else to add but nonsense like usual so have at it.
State of VT made this desicion for their own state, not for your state, and you complain about. Why don't you let them make their own laws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The environ-loons think they can oppose coal, oil, gas, nuclear and still be able to flip a light switch and grab a beer out of the frig.

I remember when we all wanted fresh air, natural gas for electricity, and methanol fuel for cars would be a huge leap in obtaining cleaner air, but the libs will have nothing to do with it. This AGW scam has poisoned their minds, and adding to our national debt, historical unemployment and what appears to be a lost generation. thanks looney tunes, thanks Obama.
Obama's economic and jobs plan was tied to the "green" energy sector and has been a complete and utter failure from the stimulus on. Three years later after he claimed the recession was over the economy still crawls along saddles by this nonsense and add in the healthcare cloud that was hoisted upon business. Four more years of this is what we will get, actually it will get worse. How many more recovery summers can this country survive??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies