Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:24 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Blacks will still vote in the same numbers for Obama, and so will Hawaiians.

No, they will not. It was most important for them to vote for him to finally GET the honor, the potential healing and make History by finally electing him. Now that it's been done, and the rightful exhuberation of that Historic Inaugural has been had it's now reality-check time. Now that this huge blessing has become their reality they can look at him like any other president, most of them can and do what we Americans mostly do---vote their pocketbooks. They are not better off and they know it.

About Hawaii...you should listen to the local, talk radio shows some December when the president is there on Oahu. He will not be getting the votes he got before.

Election and voter fraud is going to have to make up for a vast amount of votes and no-doubt that's likely to occur. No Justice dept. currently would or will bring justice in this context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 02:50 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
Black Israelite?
Nope. Atheist.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You act as if it's just Christians are against homosexuality. The religions that the Africans had before coming to America also condemned homosexuality. Heck if African Americans were mostly Muslims today they would support the death penalty merely for folks committing a gay act.
What are you talking about? First of all, my skepticism about the Christian religion goes way beyond anything having to do with Gays. I don't like religion PERIOD. None of it. It's an institution that I dont respect.

So you don't need to preach to me about Islam or traditional African religion because I don't respect that stuff anymore than I do the Christian church. Besides, you aren't telling me anything I don't already know. If the Christian faith is your cup of tea, then that's your business. But don't attempt to put down other faiths in order to justify your beliefs in fairytales. That's corny. Stand on your own two feet.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:21 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
African Americans for the most part are more down to earth than middle class whites. No fancy haughty toddy progressive nonsense for them. The president forgets that poor people protect the little they have - like marriage- It's the spoiled upper middle class and the new bee elite that like to toy with the world...all black Americans want are the normal common stuff- Like a wife or husband...a couple of kids - a home and a car....They are not part of the wine sipping pseudo intellectual slithering sophisticates...who promote the destruction of the last thing common people have- their only hope and wealth FAMILY.
This is all fine unless you know someone who is gay. It is not a wine sipping abstraction that two adults should be able to get married if they want to profess love for one another. I mean who the hell cares, it is their business? I think this issue will separate the religious nuts from the true lovers of liberty. I think it is put on that the choice of two gays affects anyone else. Nothing elite about that. It is pure common sense.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:13 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
African Americans have the same cross section of philistines that you'll find among white folks, and a case can be made that it's worse.

It took me years to come around, but living in Europe for a bunch of years brought my thinking about a bunch of topics....homosexuality being one of them, light years ahead into the present reality. Worse, i wasn't burdened by Christianity, having thrown that yoke off many years ago, and i was STILL an idiot about it.

So just imagine how far behind many black Christians are. Not to mention that blacks are the most fanatical of Christians in this country. People talk about blacks being on a plantation politically, but that's nonsense. It's RELIGION where we're stuck on the plantation, but no one wants to say it.

But i damn sure will.
philistines were a very gay society.
Jews of course were not.

who's still here today?

Old 05-11-2012, 05:09 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
This is exactly what I hear from white women who prefer dating black men. It's not about the skin color or any "taboo". It's about the more down to earth personality. They are very sick of white metrosexual progressives and think of them more as friends they can confide in rather than boyfriend material.
Much like the few black woman that I know, they do not look at a man as a status symbol..the look for character and honesty..nor do they view older men as not presentable to their girl friends as some shallow white woman might.

It might have to do with the benefits of NOT having as much superficial status ...much like some of the down cast street people that I talk too..They are pragmatic and simplistic...If you want to talk about metrosexual females that is a similar matter- I have seen them resent old school men because they represent Manhood...which they view as a disease and an oppression to their person- which is not the case...People have stopped thinking for themselves.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:21 AM

102 posts, read 147,168 times
I think that it is funny that those post on here are not from black people themselves saying what they think but obviously non black people speaking on what they feel black people think. Most white people get their information from their one black friend on how they feel about issues. If your getting your information from your one "trophy negro" friend than your words mean nothing. No one knows how ALL black people are going to vote unless they go and ask each one of them.

So what that Obama says he thinks EVERYONE should have the right to marry, if you dont like it just dont vote for him. On the same note everyone blaming Obama with what is wrong with this country is over done. We where in deep s*** before he took office, and remember every politician lies.
Look at John Edwards who would not support gay marriage, but at the same time was supporting a woman who was not his wife and their child.

Most of you people are probably racist who would never let a black person in your house, or let your children play with a black kid. but as long as they see things the way you do then they get two thumbs up. But after this they will just go back to being good for nothing negros in your eyes.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:39 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THANKGOODNESSIMFABULOUS View Post
I think that it is funny that those post on here are not from black people themselves saying what they think but obviously non black people speaking on what they feel black people think. Most white people get their information from their one black friend on how they feel about issues. If your getting your information from your one "trophy negro" friend than your words mean nothing. No one knows how ALL black people are going to vote unless they go and ask each one of them.

So what that Obama says he thinks EVERYONE should have the right to marry, if you dont like it just dont vote for him. On the same note everyone blaming Obama with what is wrong with this country is over done. We where in deep s*** before he took office, and remember every politician lies.
Look at John Edwards who would not support gay marriage, but at the same time was supporting a woman who was not his wife and their child.

Most of you people are probably racist who would never let a black person in your house, or let your children play with a black kid. but as long as they see things the way you do then they get two thumbs up. But after this they will just go back to being good for nothing negros in your eyes.
How do you know who's black and who's not on here? Did you know I was black? Because I don't kiss Obama's ass and not on the liberal plantation then you assumed I'm white? Typical liberal when all else falils, play the race card.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:46 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
This is all fine unless you know someone who is gay. It is not a wine sipping abstraction that two adults should be able to get married if they want to profess love for one another. I mean who the hell cares, it is their business? I think this issue will separate the religious nuts from the true lovers of liberty. I think it is put on that the choice of two gays affects anyone else. Nothing elite about that. It is pure common sense.
PROFESS THEIR LOVE...so it is all about show?...................You are kidding yourself...The gay crowd and their supporters in my home town of Toronto look at themselves as elite. Some of them harbor hate for anyone that is not aligned with their way of thinking..YOU can have all the common sense you want but you have to have vision for the long term............what will it be like in 100 years...I assure you that this new forming class will persecute those that breed naturally...I see it in the future- just because you are gay does not mean you are a little sweet angel...some of them are horrific people.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:09 AM

102 posts, read 147,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
How do you know who's black and who's not on here? Did you know I was black? Because I don't kiss Obama's ass and not on the liberal plantation then you assumed I'm white? Typical liberal when all else falils, play the race card.
Maybe I shouldnt of assumed that everyone on here is white, and I dont think I was. Really I was commenting on the ones who made statements on what black people told them. Still I stand by everything I said. And no one ever said to kiss Obamas ass. I dont play the race card ever, and I am black and I am gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies