Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 01:41 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Lest anyone take that method of contraception seriously, I can give you a list of babies that were born while the moms were breastfeeding. It lessens the chances, but you can still ovulate at anytime.
This is true.

And I have the kid to prove THAT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 01:51 PM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
I agree that it is provocative.
I imagine that they were trying to sell magazines and to get people talking about this issue (of the magazine, not the topic of breast feeding or attachment parenting or whatever). It appears to be working.
Touche'

Old 05-11-2012, 02:05 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
The following article parallels my experience with extended breastfeeding.

Extended Breastfeeding: Is It More Common Than We Think?

Quote:
I didn’t plan to do this. It just unfolded, with weeks slipping into months, and months melting into years. I loved nursing my children, the closeness that it engendered, the mandatory time out in a day filled with to-do lists. That said, nursing my children as they got older became largely a private affair — not because I was embarrassed but because they no longer needed to nurse at a restaurant or on a picnic bench.
Quote:
I imagine that they were trying to sell magazines and to get people talking about this issue (of the magazine, not the topic of breast feeding or attachment parenting or whatever). It appears to be working.
Agreed.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I agree with the writer. Nothing wrong with b/fing a 3 year old; but this cover is deliberately outrageous. They have deliberately selected a young, hot looking mama and a kid who looks older than his stated age in a less than usual pose. I guess you can put Time right there with all the other checkout tabloids that like to shock and make money.
Against capitalism, huh?

I think the cover is brilliant.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:41 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
It didn't take long for this to happen:

Enjoy! There's some funny ones here...

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 01-09-2014 at 10:48 AM..

Old 05-11-2012, 02:45 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,273 times
Quote:
I agree that it is provocative.
/\/\/\ This. Why is the "provocative" thing even a question? It's their job to SELL MAGAZINES. This cover did it's job in a HUGE way, sells magazines, getting written about, getting discussed all over online and off. Whoever picked that cover got a RAISE, trust me. Provocative sells.

As for the subject, I really don't care how you choose to raise your kid as long as you are treating them well.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:46 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No, I just have standards . Putting a woman on a ragazine with a boy who does not look like a baby by any stretch of the imagination is nursing with a mother who displays herself to be the ultimate mother, this is off the wall .

I must know many normal people for they are no way tolerant of it at all. It is called having moral standards and what is exploited as motherhood as being provocative.
Ugh, I can't stand people who assume just because people have DIFFERENT morals that they have no morals.

Those of us who accept breast feeding as a natural activity, even for toddlers, have very high morals. They just differ from yours.

Shame on you for claiming that different morals equates to no morals.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:51 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,784,290 times
Watch what happens next!!

The photos are going to be a lot more provocative now that gay marriage is legal even though 30 states of the United States have said NO!!

We the People - don't count !! votes don't count!! God doesn't count.

Obama shakes his fist @ God and this is just the beginning of something far more disgusting about to happen.

Quote:
I breast fed on my wife into my 60's...
Did you display the photos to your friends @ work?

Old 05-11-2012, 03:07 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,889 times
Personally, I couldn't care less. A few months ago I would have said something along the lines of "Think of all the kids that are looking at this." Now... fact is we have freedom of speech. Its bittersweet, but mostly sweet. People abuse it, but it still free speech and it is a very useful tool. Would I breastfeed a three year old? No, too many teeth. Would I pose breastfeeding my child for the cover of any magazine? No, because I have a little couth and I don't need attention that badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
I'VE actually seen with my own eyes GASP - A ten year old boy walk right over to his mother while she was sitting @ a table talking with other women..lift up her shirt and start to "bottle" on one breast.

Instantly I was overwhelmed with 'thirst"!! I sure am thirsty I said and all them women laughed so hard.

Eskimo's have some very strange customs and traditions!!
I would have lmao.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
How do you know Time paid her?
Seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're joking, right?
I guarantee you hes serious.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:07 PM

475 posts, read 507,963 times
It would make you cringe only if you are a closed minded person. Who cares ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies