Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 05:27 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin
If I was Romney and after I won the WH... Sheriff Joe would be my new Attorney General.

Payback would be fun to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I love that idea!!
That was one of the dumbest ideas I heard today. No need for co-signing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 05:30 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Most of his supporters are anti-immigrant! Let me clarify; anti Mexican immigration.

I clearly understand the difference between complaints & convictions. And it’s my understanding once you have enough complaints piled up against you an investigation is warranted. Do you agree? Or should violations only captured on tape trigger investigations?

What it comes down to here is that there are enough complaints to trigger the DOJ stepping in. There’s not just paper work on one or two issues. Then to put icing on the cake this pompous self-centered fool has the nerve to investigate BO’s birth certificate when he’s actively violating the trust of those he’s supposed to protect. Wow
You left out the word "illegal" in your description of his supporters being anti anything. Why was that?

What it boils down to here is: he had the balls and the affrontry to go against Washington's wishes of "shut the h*** up and let the staus quo remain so we get votes from the Latino quadrant."

The oath of office means nothing to "O" and Holder but when a Sheriff rubs their noses with it they go all legal on him, just as they have with Brewer.

He's not violating the trust of the constituents he's supposed to protect; just those of illegals who are NOT his constituents. Going after BO's pedigree is something the congress should have done but fostering no less than eight tries at re-defining the constitutional description of "citizen of birth" to lower the bar in the years that BO came into prominence running up to the election was more their style. Shame on them!

You are getting what you definitely deserve if you stifle guys like Arpaio.

I believe he should just do what Holder does and ignore any supoena's that come his way; goose-gander!

Old 05-11-2012, 05:30 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
the one that needs to be arrested.....eric holder

Old 05-11-2012, 05:36 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
They are not out soliciting additional witnesses, so they appear to have it completely in hand.
You know very well they won't get to court until after the election, this is just a political stunt to garner Hispanic votes. Obama will lose. If there was any truth to this, they'd bring criminal charges. This is civil, and it's another hoax by this administration. Arpaio is elected by the people, and has been reelected 5 times. They want the laws enforced.
Probably also retribution for demanding proof of eligibility. Joe won't surrender to intimidation.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:46 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Most of his supporters are anti-immigrant! Let me clarify; anti Mexican immigration.

I clearly understand the difference between complaints & convictions. And it’s my understanding once you have enough complaints piled up against you an investigation is warranted. Do you agree? Or should violations only captured on tape trigger investigations?

What it comes down to here is that there are enough complaints to trigger the DOJ stepping in. There’s not just paper work on one or two issues. Then to put icing on the cake this pompous self-centered fool has the nerve to investigate BO’s birth certificate when he’s actively violating the trust of those he’s supposed to protect. Wow
No, they're not! They are anti-illegal immigration, Mexican or otherwise.

Most of these "complaints" come from Hispanics who don't want our immigration laws enforced. No bias there, right?

Arpaio and anyone else has the right to investigate Obama's birthplace if they so choose.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I love that idea!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You left out the word "illegal" in your description of his supporters being anti anything. Why was that?

What it boils down to here is: he had the balls and the affrontry to go against Washington's wishes of "shut the h*** up and let the staus quo remain so we get votes from the Latino quadrant."

The oath of office means nothing to "O" and Holder but when a Sheriff rubs their noses with it they go all legal on him, just as they have with Brewer.

He's not violating the trust of the constituents he's supposed to protect; just those of illegals who are NOT his constituents. Going after BO's pedigree is something the congress should have done but fostering no less than eight tries at re-defining the constitutional description of "citizen of birth" to lower the bar in the years that BO came into prominence running up to the election was more their style. Shame on them!

You are getting what you definitely deserve if you stifle guys like Arpaio.

I believe he should just do what Holder does and ignore any supoena's that come his way; goose-gander!
I didn’t leave out the word illegal. What I did was state their stance against all immigration from Mexico and that includes both illegal & legal immigration. Get it?

The only things it really boils down to is this… Everything else is moot…

Complaint

Old 05-11-2012, 05:54 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Default Anti- this, anti-that, blah, blah, blah

Quote:
Most of his supporters are anti-immigrant! Let me clarify; anti Mexican immigration..........
No, I've never read anyone post here on CD as being "anti-immigrant". It is on the subject of illegal immigration which people would like the laws strictly enforced.

When the left uses the innacurate and dishohest term of "anti-immigrant" all they are trying to do is close down the conversation.

Lose the race card as it is overplayed and means NOTHING!

Old 05-11-2012, 05:56 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Incorrect.

"We" are anti ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. Not immigrant. IMMIGRATION

Do you understand the difference???

AND are you aware that ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS from dozens of countries have been captured?

Old 05-11-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No, I've never read anyone post here on CD as being "anti-immigrant". It is on the subject of illegal immigration which people would like the laws strictly enforced.

When the left uses the innacurate and dishohest term of "anti-immigrant" all they are trying to do is close down the conversation.

Lose the race card as it is overplayed and means NOTHING!
Just to clarify things I’m anti illegal-immigration as well.

Before we get side tracked how is the claims in the below link defensible?

Complaint

Old 05-11-2012, 06:01 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
I didn’t leave out the word illegal. What I did was state their stance against all immigration from Mexico and that includes both illegal & legal immigration. Get it?

The only things it really boils down to is this… Everything else is moot…

Complaint
Please provide proof that "most" conservatives (including those who like Arpaio) are opposed to legal immigration from Mexico in reasonable numbers in relation to other nationalities. I'll be waiting. Are you aware that Mexicans are here by far in the largest numbers both legally and illegally? I see no discrimination going on there.

Those Razas can file all the complaints they want. They have an agenda and it is all about their ethnic group and no one else. They think they should be above our immigration laws and any attempt by law enforcement to seek illegal aliens out under lawful contact (only if they are Hispanic of course) are racial profiling. It is BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies