Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 04:28 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Bull!!!! I know many homosexuals that come from loving families. With parents that love and accept them for who they are. That are happy, well educated and well adjusted. No trauma. No abuse. Just gay. Gay from their earliest memories.

You were not a "fly on the wall" in those loving homes.
Bull backatcha~ I know of what I speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 06:26 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Its the exact same thing Nephler - YOU WILL face your heavenly father ONE DAY!!

Whether you believe so or not - He will not pronounce your sentence - He will show (everyone) all your thoughts - all your actions - every single thing you have ever done will be unmasked AND YOU - will pronounce yourself guilty!!
Surely you do realize this forum has a religion subsection. Perhaps your rhetoric might get a more sympathetic ear over there? This is a discussion about homosexuality, not about gods and devils and fairy tales.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Bull!!!! I know many homosexuals that come from loving families. With parents that love and accept them for who they are. That are happy, well educated and well adjusted. No trauma. No abuse. Just gay. Gay from their earliest memories.
Hey that's my family!

Old 05-11-2012, 06:37 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Most of the time its created by "man" but not because of anything we eat. It has to do mainly with upbringing and the child/parent relationship. Deep Google Freud, who had it right but is not in vogue now because his theories are not P.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
That's nice. But it doesn't dispute Freud's theory. Read up - and not just Wiki. But, judging by how quickly you pulled up that link, I think you probably already have and already had your preformed opinion before starting this thread...

Have a nice day.
Freud believed humans were inherently bisexual. His views weren't based on any scientific research- his patients were mostly unhappy middle-aged women. He was an early psychoanalyst and had some pretty non-evidence based wacky ideas about a lot of things.

But why would you completely ignore almost a 100 years of research since Freud's time? Perhaps you are just not aware of it?

Royal College of Psychiatrists:

"Despite almost a century of psychoanalytic and psychological speculation, there is no substantive evidence to support the suggestion that the nature of parenting or early childhood experiences play any role in the formation of a person’s fundamental heterosexual or homosexual orientation. It would appear that sexual orientation is biological in nature, determined by a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment."

Last edited by Ceist; 05-11-2012 at 06:53 PM..

Old 05-11-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
YES - In my estimation this come from the curse of human imagination...It is created by man..and these ideas have to be suggested to others - What person would put a penis in their mouth...
Would you be equally repulsed if the oral sex was performed by a female?

Old 05-11-2012, 06:54 PM

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.

The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
That's because we havent discovered that scientists dont know everything either, since they have created nothing.
Scientists Create First Self-Replicating Synthetic Life | Wired Science | Wired.com

Old 05-11-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
YES - In my estimation this come from the curse of human imagination...It is created by man..and these ideas have to be suggested to others - What person would put a penis in their mouth...any kid would not even think of it- all they know is that they pee through it. What person would enter the anus of another male...for God's sake you poo out of that.

These acts do not occur through nature. These are mans little quirks that they came up with through the rampant runaway human imagination.

When man was created - He (Adam) was a single lone entity...God said "It is not good for a man to be alone"......Adam was not prior to the advent of EVE a male- he was neither male nor female..He was an it without genitals.

Before the female arrived there would be no reason for Adam to have male parts- cos woman did not exist? Plus he was an eternal creature who did not need to breed in order to duplicate him self.

When he created Eve..sex was NOT for the reason of reproduction..both Adam and Eve had sex as a comfort to ward off isolation in a very empty world. It was after the fall from grace that they became human and needed to breed and duplicate themselves.

God created the first humans as little gods...children..until they came up with the idea through human imagination (tree of knowledge) - to show no thanks or gratitude to their creator- and wanted to be the top dog....Yes - God is perfect and God is so vast in scope that he most certainly was falliable ...after all GOD is so powerful that he can also be powerless...We don't understand this concept because we are of the physical world and he is not. We perceive power from an earthly view.
Men created "God" in their own image.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:14 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,135,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
You were not a "fly on the wall" in those loving homes.
Bull backatcha~ I know of what I speak.
Considering the family I speak of is mine I think you are full of .....

Old 05-11-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Bisexuals who live as Gay could choose it. I don't know why more Bi-sexuals don't come out? I'm sure theres as many Bis as there is Gay people.
I think there is a lot of confusion when people use the word 'choice' differently and have different ideas of what homosexuality is.

Choosing how to live your life, or how a person behaves, doesn't change someone's innate sexual orientation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies