Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 04:18 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Most of the time its created by "man" but not because of anything we eat. It has to do mainly with upbringing and the child/parent relationship. Deep Google Freud, who had it right but is not in vogue now because his theories are not P.C.
Quote:
Posted by AeroGuyDC: Anything's possible, considering scientists haven't definitively figured out where homosexuality comes from.
Quote:
Posted by Tluv00: Correction. Scientists haven't found where sexuality comes from period.
That's because we havent discovered that scientists dont know everything either, since they have created nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 04:23 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,240 times
Quote:
Most of the time its created by "man" but not because of anything we eat. It has to do mainly with upbringing and the child/parent relationship. Deep Google Freud, who had it right but is not in vogue now because his theories are not P.C.
I believe I have corrected this before - I'll try to find the post. His theories aren't "in vogue" because they have no empirical support and they never have. This is not a recent development. PC has nothing to do with it.

ETA: Ah, yes, here it is: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post24145367

Old 05-10-2012, 04:23 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
YES - In my estimation this come from the curse of human imagination...It is created by man..and these ideas have to be suggested to others - What person would put a penis in their mouth...any kid would not even think of it- all they know is that they pee through it. What person would enter the anus of another male...for God's sake you poo out of that.

These acts do not occur through nature. These are mans little quirks that they came up with through the rampant runaway human imagination.

When man was created - He (Adam) was a single lone entity...God said "It is not good for a man to be alone"......Adam was not prior to the advent of EVE a male- he was neither male nor female..He was an it without genitals.

Before the female arrived there would be no reason for Adam to have male parts- cos woman did not exist? Plus he was an eternal creature who did not need to breed in order to duplicate him self.

When he created Eve..sex was NOT for the reason of reproduction..both Adam and Eve had sex as a comfort to ward off isolation in a very empty world. It was after the fall from grace that they became human and needed to breed and duplicate themselves.

God created the first humans as little gods...children..until they came up with the idea through human imagination (tree of knowledge) - to show no thanks or gratitude to their creator- and wanted to be the top dog....Yes - God is perfect and God is so vast in scope that he most certainly was falliable ...after all GOD is so powerful that he can also be powerless...We don't understand this concept because we are of the physical world and he is not. We perceive power from an earthly view.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:25 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post

Here is my question/thoughts, there seems to be more gay/homosexuals in this country now than in the decades past,
Now there aren't. There are just more gays open about it since they are less likely to be beaten or killed. The population of gays has been relatively consistent for most of human history.

Quote:
could it be because we are using more artifical additives in our food along with the increase of various medications and birth control pills that are flushed through our systems and eventually end up in the water system.
Is this a joke? Almost every animal species on Earth has gays. Last I checked, dolphins don't take birth control pills.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:28 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyurban View Post
Well as a gay man, I can honestly say that some gay people REALLY do choose to be that way.
I'm not sure what you're basing that on. I know A LOT of gay people, and none of them chose it. Choosing to embrace it because it shaped your life, is not the same as choosing the attractions as a child. I can't even fathom how it's possible for someone to choose who they are attracted to. I can't force myself to find certain people attractive. They either are or they aren't, and I can tell by looking at them instantly.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:45 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Deep Google Freud, who had it right but is not in vogue now because his theories are not P.C.
Perhaps it is you who should utilize Google.

April 9th 1935

PROF. DR. FREUD

Dear Mrs [Erased],

I gather from your letter that your son is a homosexual. I am most impressed by the fact that you do not mention this term yourself in your information about him. May I question you why you avoid it? Homosexuality is assuredly no advantage, but it is nothing to be ashamed of, no vice, no degradation; it cannot be classified as an illness; we consider it to be a variation of the sexual function, produced by a certain arrest of sexual development. Many highly respectable individuals of ancient and modern times have been homosexuals, several of the greatest men among them. (Plato, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, etc). It is a great injustice to persecute homosexuality as a crime – and a cruelty, too. If you do not believe me, read the books of Havelock Ellis.

By asking me if I can help, you mean, I suppose, if I can abolish homosexuality and make normal heterosexuality take its place. The answer is, in a general way we cannot promise to achieve it. In a certain number of cases we succeed in developing the blighted germs of heterosexual tendencies, which are present in every homosexual in the majority of cases it is no more possible. It is a question of the quality and the age of the individual. The result of treatment cannot be predicted.

What analysis can do for your son runs on a different line. If he is unhappy, neurotic, torn by conflicts, inhibited in his social life, analysis may bring him harmony, peace of mind, full efficiency, whether he remains a homosexual or gets changed. If you make up your mind he should have analysis with me — I don't expect you will — he has to come over to Vienna. I have no intention of leaving here. However, don't neglect to give me your answer.

Sincerely yours with best wishes,

Freud

P.s. I did not find it difficult to read your handwriting. Hope you will not find my writing and my English a harder task.

Letters of Note: Homosexuality is nothing to be ashamed of

Old 05-10-2012, 04:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Really? in what way? just curious
Oh, just by existing. Everything else beyond that is just icing on the annoyance cake.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:46 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I'm not sure what you're basing that on. I know A LOT of gay people, and none of them chose it. Choosing to embrace it because it shaped your life, is not the same as choosing the attractions as a child. I can't even fathom how it's possible for someone to choose who they are attracted to. I can't force myself to find certain people attractive. They either are or they aren't, and I can tell by looking at them instantly.
Bisexuals who live as Gay could choose it. I don't know why more Bi-sexuals don't come out? I'm sure theres as many Bis as there is Gay people.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-10-2012 at 05:16 PM..

Old 05-10-2012, 05:14 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh, just by existing. Everything else beyond that is just icing on the annoyance cake.
Uh, ok thanks

Old 05-10-2012, 07:03 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
the spirit of lust.

God created satan who is a fallen angel who wanted to be higher than God.. Satan rebelled and God cast him down on the earth..

We are a fallen race of people and satan comes to tempt and kill steal and destroy God's creation . Satan also has his followers who believe the lie. They become their own god and follow satan and rebel against God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies