Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 07:55 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Now why in the world would anyone be skeptical about the Jesus???

The Jesus Story - original or retelling of pagan myth?
If this was 2 or 3 centuries after the death of Jesus sounds like they hijacked the meaning of what Jesus did on he Cross for all sinnes..

.. if our celebration of Christ is on Christmas, so be it. .. the secular nation has turned it into a pagan holiday of Santa Claus and jingle bells.

There are two Christmases,, one is Xmas,, Christ is X'ed out with Santa Claus and the other is a real Christmas with Christ in the center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 08:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I don't have a part of the constitution, roy. Neither do you.

As a former social studies teacher, you should be able to do better than that.
I always taught the Constitution from the stand point of strict construction of it and that doesn't fit what progressives think very well. Nope, I didn't try to interpret it to kids, just read and think of what it said not what I wanted it to say.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:03 PM

613 posts, read 759,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If this was 2 or 3 centuries after the death of Jesus sounds like they hijacked the meaning of what Jesus did on he Cross for all sinnes..

.. if our celebration of Christ is on Christmas, so be it. .. the secular nation has turned it into a pagan holiday of Santa Claus and jingle bells.

There are two Christmases,, one is Xmas,, Christ is X'ed out with Santa Claus and the other is a real Christmas with Christ in the center.
Factual information is quite devastating to the Christian mind.

You don't really know where the term XMas came from, do ya brah? HA! HA!

Old 05-11-2012, 08:06 PM

613 posts, read 759,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I always taught the Constitution from the stand point of strict construction of it and that doesn't fit what progressives think very well. Nope, I didn't try to interpret it to kids, just read and think of what it said not what I wanted it to say.

Did you teach the children black people are only considered to be 3/5 of a person and women can't vote?

Old 05-11-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The linked article is an embarassing display how bad journalism has become. Sloppy. The LA Times has a better report:

Ten Commandments at school? One community debates display - latimes.com

The U.S. Supreme Court has given guideance on posting of the 10 Commandments. And Christians don't need someone to post them to know that they exist. The judge should have just ordered their removal. No other suggestions.
The hell of it is that you people just can't realize that progressive secularists have been able to get those Commandments out of tax supported places and this judge doesn't seem to know that. I didn't know that any public school had had them in their buildings since the early 60s so one school having them doesn't do much to me since I know they will get shot down.

Do you consider those bloggers on Godfather Politics to be journalists? I guess you don't know the difference between them and the New York Times or in your case the LA Times. Both of those papers are too far left leaning for me but I do read from them because lefties suggest it. At least you took a chance and read whichever blogger wrote that blog entry. Thanks.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Its fun to hear the rants of the class clown for amusement, if nothing else.

Matt Taibbi on Republicans: Teabagging the Class Clowns | Crooks and Liars

Tea Tantrums: "Teabagging Michelle Malkin".
Will you explain to your friends on this forum that Crooks and Liars is nothing but a left leaning blog just like Godfather Politics other than the fact that they are the opposite lean? Do you not understand that?

Old 05-11-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Yes, I did read Koppel's words. They were after all included in the article....

"The sheer brilliance of the Ten Commandments is that they codify in a handful of words acceptable human behavior, not just for then or now, but for all time."

Is that ^^^ what you wanted to discuss, or something else he said? Do you agree or disagree, and why?

Btw, who is Saul?
I agreed with Koppel, of course. Saul is the first name of the Alinsky that so many left leaners follow so well. Deflection is one of the favorite things he suggested they use to try to marginalize conservatives. This place is full of those people.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Here's what I think: Take your Commandments and shove 'em.
Where do we shove them? The same place that gays shove things?

Old 05-11-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Now why in the world would anyone be skeptical about the Jesus???

The Jesus Story - original or retelling of pagan myth?
What is the name of the blog you quoted here? Obviously an atheist blog but I don't see the name.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:18 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Factual information is quite devastating to the Christian mind.

You don't really know where the term XMas came from, do ya brah? HA! HA!
Oh, I know all right , and the X is the first letter of a Greek word meaning Christ but it is used today to exclude Christ from the word Christmas.

We do not talk Greek , and it is the only word that an X is placed there to expel the word Christ.

Today Santa, presents and shopping have replaced the true meaning of Christmas.. wouldn't you agree? Oh yes, and happy holiday. No more Merry Christmas.

'We now decorate a holiday tree and soon we will not know what is the ten commandments..

when all of God is removed.. this world will be hell on earth.. many will want the spirit of God and will not find it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies