Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Yeah, he thinks that all of those commandments that have the words God of Heaven in them should go somewhere. I bet he doesn't have many Christian moments in his life.

Those commandments are still what they were in the beginning and that would be how to live our lives to keep us away from burying ourselves with the others we kill and mistreat.

Here I have included a really good part of a commencement speech by Ted Koppel in 1987. Not one atheist will like those words but any Christian should see what they are and why he delivered that speech.

Judge Suggests that Only Six of Ten Commandments be Posted in School - Godfather Politics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 10:42 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yeah, he thinks that all of those commandments that have the words God of Heaven in them should go somewhere. I bet he doesn't have many Christian moments in his life.

Those commandments are still what they were in the beginning and that would be how to live our lives to keep us away from burying ourselves with the others we kill and mistreat.

Here I have included a really good part of a commencement speech by Ted Koppel in 1987. Not one atheist will like those words but any Christian should see what they are and why he delivered that speech.

Judge Suggests that Only Six of Ten Commandments be Posted in School - Godfather Politics
I'm surprised he let ANY of the ten commandments in a school.

If you want to learn the ten commandments learn them at church, at home or at a Christian school.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I'm surprised he let ANY of the ten commandments in a school.

If you want to learn the ten commandments learn them at church, at home or at a Christian school.
Go ahead and read the link and maybe you can see what is going on. No you didn't read it.

Hey, I agree with you about it being in school. What can you tell me about the comments Ted Koppel made about the Commandments?

Old 05-10-2012, 10:58 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Enough already with the redundant religious threads that belong in the religion forums just the same as the Ten Commandments belongs in religious schools. You are so insecure in your faith that unless you inflict it upon others, it does not exist.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:

Jesus Christ himself only reiterated 5 of the 10 Commandments. This judge is offering one more than Jesus!

Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Godfather politics...........

Old 05-10-2012, 11:03 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Godfather politics...........
Roy never provides any legitimate source. Ever.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:03 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,735,637 times
Christian Reconstructionism, of which the article's author, Gary DeMar, is an impassioned proponent, is wholly repugnant to those of us who want no part of a Theocratic America.

What is both laughable and chilling is that so many of the same people who wish to force Christianity into EVERY aspect of American life are convinced, and terrified, of this country falling under Sharia law.

Imagine that.

It is the arrogance of Reconstructionists -- who act like victims whenever possible, then, without missing a beat, race to spread their beliefs like a pestilence -- that adds to the profoundly negative perception so many people have of Christianity.

For all of your threads decrying the loss of rights and liberty in this country, Roy, you certainly don't appear to remotely comprehend your own message.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:06 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Christian Reconstructionism, of which the article's author, Gary DeMar, is an impassioned proponent, is wholly repugnant to those of us who want no part of a Theocratic America.

What is both laughable and chilling is that so many of the same people who wish to force Christianity into EVERY aspect of American life are convinced, and terrified, of this country falling under Sharia law.

Imagine that.

It is the arrogance of Reconstructionists -- who act like victims whenever possible, then, without missing a beat, race to spread their beliefs like a pestilence -- that adds to the profoundly negative perception so many people have of Christianity.

For all of your threads decrying the loss of rights and liberty in this country, Roy, you certainly don't appear to remotely comprehend your own message.
Christian Taliban anyone???

Old 05-10-2012, 11:07 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:

Most interesting Roy, this part really stood out..........
Mark Noll comments that “it should not be surprising that even the least orthodox of the founders of the nation paid attention to scripture, for they lived at a time when to be an educated member of the Atlantic community was to know the Bible.

This guy is nuts change the Bible who the heck does he think he is.......... God,maybe, the second coming of Moses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies