Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 07:31 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The point being that more than one poster claimed they'd be "lost", essentially claiming that racist elements would hide the truth. Ironically, the only problem with the tapes was when NBC got "creative" with them.

Still not touching the old thread eh? Well it is rather unpleasant to read now that facts have come out. The rush to pile on those threads and spew prejudices (from white racists too) was pretty disgusting.

Here is another thread you and others didn't want to touch with a 10ft. pole. VERY similar circumstance....no charges and get this THEY HAVEN'T EVEN RELEASED THE SHOOTERS NAME!

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...g-leash-9.html

Why? Why aren't the people that buried the Trayvon threads posting to this? Come one, it's an easy question and we already know the answer but it would be refreshing to hear some honesty.
"The old thread"? Which old thread? There were at least five "megathreads" beofre they were unstickied and a bunch of smaller threads started, including this one. One would have to stay on CD at least 20 hours a day (allowing for a little time to sleep) to go back and read all that. Ditto for responsing to a Taco Bell thread or any other thread. People on CD pick and choose what they post on. I do not recall you having much of a presence on the earlier Trayvon threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 11:16 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,471 times
lots of kids in this world need to be shot. being young isnt an excuse for living.
Facts are, Travon wasnt a kid, he was a young man.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:46 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
lots of kids in this world need to be shot. being young isnt an excuse for living.

This has to be one of the most ignorant comments in C-D history.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:56 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
I also can add that, lots of people need to be shot for stupid post!

I can care less who's he's related too.
At the end of the day all i want to know is why he shot an unarmed young man?
And why police semi tried to cover it up?
Let courts and people we pay our taxes to do there job!

Old 05-13-2012, 04:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I can't prove it, but I'd betcha a lot more people heard the edited tape on the Today show than read or heard the actual 911 call transcript.
I guess we hang around with a different crowd.

Considering the shooting took place on the evening of Feb 26 and more than a month later, the edited call was aired on a morning show, between 7 and 8, then you are saying most Americans watch NBC's "The Today Show?" So how can Fox News be #1?

Seriously, this is just one internet discussion board and we were talking about it more than a week before it aired. Even a complete transcript was posted on this board.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I take "These a$$holes, they always get away" as a reference to whoever was commiting burglaries/thefts/assaults in the community and not getting caught.
Exactly - but that's why he was PROFILING. He automatically assumed a young, black male was a thief just because he was taking a walk and approached him with that attitude. As I've said a thousand times (probably it is close to 1,000) even Zimmerman didn't say he was doing one single thing that was suspicious. He said he's walking about and looks as if he is on drugs. Every single witness who called 911 said it was dark and they couldn't see who was shouting. Yet a man in an SUV sees someone walking on a rainy night and knows he's on drugs? Was he shooting up? Smoking a pipe? How can you tell what someone is doing when he is walking in the dark in sweats and a hoodie? If he said to the 911 dispatcher "he's looking into windows" or "he's looking into cars" then maybe that would alarm a normal person. But all he said was "This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about."

That must mean I'm very suspicious looking, since I do that all the time.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:52 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Exactly - but that's why he was PROFILING. He automatically assumed a young, black male was a thief just because he was taking a walk and approached him with that attitude. As I've said a thousand times (probably it is close to 1,000) even Zimmerman didn't say he was doing one single thing that was suspicious. He said he's walking about and looks as if he is on drugs. Every single witness who called 911 said it was dark and they couldn't see who was shouting. Yet a man in an SUV sees someone walking on a rainy night and knows he's on drugs? Was he shooting up? Smoking a pipe? How can you tell what someone is doing when he is walking in the dark in sweats and a hoodie? If he said to the 911 dispatcher "he's looking into windows" or "he's looking into cars" then maybe that would alarm a normal person. But all he said was "This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about."

That must mean I'm very suspicious looking, since I do that all the time.
You added 'young black male' to the profiling.

When the state investigator was asked, 'OK, when I say the word profiling, what do you think ?' He replied --- 'I believe you're applying a predetermined thought pattern to a set of circumstances.' You and probably many others believe 'young black male' was part of gz's thought pattern when he made the call. Maybe, but I don't see the evidence. I guess depending on where one lives and the incidence of crime, one might profile an innocent, harmless person as suspicious. I might profile the person as lost.

[one 911 caller said the guy on the bottom yelled.]

Old 05-13-2012, 07:43 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
You have a problem with reading?

I said .. 'YOU' apparently have a copy of the arrest/court records from the way you were spouting off!

I didn't ask for Facebook or Twitter pages!

Now .. Go away until you come back with 'legal' documents!
yes i have a problem with reading, thats why i didn't bother to read your post

Old 05-13-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
You added 'young black male' to the profiling.
I don't want to go back & forth on this. I never added anything to what he said. I only said that, by calling someone suspicious who isn't doing anything by walking around, there had to be a reason. I also never said it was racism in any of my posts, only that he assumed, for some reason, the young man he saw was "up to no good" because of previous break-ins. That was the very first thing Zimmerman said to the cops. "We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy." Again, since that was the very first thing he said to the 911 dispatcher, he obviously thought Trayvon Martin was one doing something besides walking around, or he wouldn't have called the police in the first place. Since the trial isn't going to start for at least 6 months, I guess we need to wait & see. As someone said to me the other day, "it's his word against the other guy's, and the other guy isn't around to defend himself."

Old 05-18-2012, 01:07 PM

381 posts, read 506,886 times
zimmerman did say Trayvon looked like he was on drugs. autopsy confirmed that THC was in Trayvon's system at the time of his death. profile fit the description rather well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies