Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 05:56 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The democratic party takes care of the blacks.

The republican party just wants to see them dead.
no I want to see the democrat party dead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 06:11 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
I agree, but the tendency to challenge the actions of Republicans when the party that purports to support African American interests is stabbing the community in the back seems wasteful.

I wouldn't advise African Americans to vote Republican. However, I simply can't wrap around the idea that no person in the African American community is asking the hard questions of the Democrats.
I’m not sure how many town hall meetings you’ve been to be in Los Angels we hold our Democratic officials accountable. If they make important promises they don’t keep they’re called to task for it…

Old 05-11-2012, 06:15 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times
Quote:
The GOP is obsessed with removing African-American voting rights.

It is all part of their campaign to re-enslave blacks.

Nefarious, indeed.
Are you kidding or are you insane?

Last edited by Greg_IA; 05-11-2012 at 07:16 PM..

Old 05-11-2012, 06:35 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
You do know that you have to show ID to get into the DOJ building.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:47 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Oooo, the lefty trolls are on a tear!

Old 05-11-2012, 07:12 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I’m not sure how many town hall meetings you’ve been to be in Los Angels we hold our Democratic officials accountable. If they make important promises they don’t keep they’re called to task for it…
I think that's part of the point I'm making: the promise that matters is not being made nor is anyone demanding that it be made. What's up with that?

Old 05-11-2012, 07:33 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
I think that's part of the point I'm making: the promise that matters is not being made nor is anyone demanding that it be made. What's up with that?
I can’t disagree with you there. I would like to way more not just from politicians but also from everyone.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:00 PM

576 posts, read 586,169 times
Quote:
The GOP is obsessed with removing African-American voting rights.

It is all part of their campaign to re-enslave blacks.

Nefarious, indeed.

That's so stupid it's funny!

Old 05-11-2012, 08:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
I'm sorry, but didn't the article say that the bill drew sharp criticisms from both Republicans and Democrats????
I sure did say that but some people don't like to see anything that isn't bad about Republicans and the tempestuous one is one of the worst at that.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Nothing like that.

That was an isolated incident. That was blown up to stoke racial fears.

This is a systematic effort by right wing groups to lobby for legislation that makes it more cumbersome to vote in all 50 States.

NY Times

The rise of the super PAC parallels a subtle but concerted effort by conservative groups to suppress the vote, which are disguised as efforts to defeat exceedingly rare voter fraud. A 2011 study by N.Y.U.’s Brennan Center found that 14 Republican-dominated states have approved new legislation requiring higher standards for voter identification. The center estimates that five million people could find it more difficult to vote this year.

There’s a close connection between these efforts and super PAC funders, too. In some 30 cases, state lawmakers received model “voter fraud” legislation from a conservative networking group called the American Legislative Exchange Council. ALEC has received funding from Koch Industries, which is run by the conservative siblings of the same name who have reportedly pledged $60 million to defeat President Obama this fall. Given donation restrictions to campaigns, much of that money would have to go to super PACs.
I was really shocked when I found a couple of posters on the Post Office wall about how far the State of Kansas is willing to go to help non-drivers to go so they can vote. You do have to have picture ID here this year and sure enough they are bending over backward to help people get ID with pictures on it. One would have thought that a solidly Republican state like this one wouldn't do anything like that from reading the whining and howling Democrats have been doing about that method of keeping Dems from voting. You people almost had me fooled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies