Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 12:07 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If he is the Republican candidate, yes. However - the nomination process is not over yet -
Ron Paul may be the Republican nominee and the Democrats might not nominate Barack Obama.
Buddy Roemer might establish himself as a viable canidate as may Gary Johnson.
I love the fall - every fall is college cross country and football season and every two years it is is political season(Congress every 2 - and president every 4) - and during the fall we have an official holiday during which we give thanks to God, eat turkey, and watch more college football(or run Turkey Trots)! It is a great season - even Halloween is great!
I hate to break it to you but Ron Paul will not get the nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 12:23 AM

2,325 posts, read 5,509,230 times
They really should shorten their name to the S.A. It would make way more sense! All they need now are new uniforms.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:40 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I was being sarcastic. I have been one of the most vocal people here against the TSA.
Glad to hear it!

Old 05-12-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
They really should shorten their name to the S.A. It would make way more sense! All they need now are new uniforms.
LOL - my favorite ensemble is all black - but when I gave a recent speech opposing the TSA - I wore a royal blue shirt and black slacks!

Old 05-12-2012, 12:47 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
it has certainy moved out of the airport arena and is spreading, us customs now frisks at the desk not even waiting to go to secondary.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:54 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Does driving past a weigh station without stopping look suspicious? Are these TSA guys feeling up truck drivers now or is it just limited to the vehicle?

Old 05-12-2012, 01:37 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I KNOW Obama isn't. And I don't think it's a joke like you apparently do. Do you hold a sign everywhere you go saying "thank you sir may I have another"?? Apparently so.
I think you should take your protest to the closest airport and take it up with the first TSA agent you see, vs. opening a thread about it. Tell us about it when it's over. Give us some inspiration and show us how we can fight the system. Take some cash, though. Might need to call a bail bondsman, afterwards. Might be a pay phone at the jail. Fight hard......but fight smart.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I hate to break it to you but Ron Paul will not get the nomination.
You are probally right - and that is a good thing - I don't want Ron Paul to get the nomination. Rick Santorum is on the ballot in my state which has not voted yet in the Republican primary - but I know better to throw my vote way on him. Willard is not ideal - but he is better then President Obama and he will receive my vote. My point was that we will not know who the nominees for any party are until mid to late summer.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
This has been going on since Bush. Bush is the one that put the TSA over interstate highways and railroads and forced commercial drivers to join Highway Watch and report to the TSA anything "suspicious" they observed.

Truckers, Toll Takers, Bus Drivers Recruited For Homeland Security
This may be true - but the "Bush started it" excuse doesn't hold much weight. I supported President Bush - but I had many objections and complaints to and about his policies - and TSA was one of them. President Obama is the head of the executive branch now and he is continuing this misguided policy of setting TSA officers loose on our highways. President Bush is no longer responsible for this - President Obama is - my question for President Obama is - why?

Last edited by Harrier; 05-12-2012 at 02:46 AM..

Old 05-12-2012, 03:31 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I think they need to put them in public schools, malls, grocery stores, etc.

You are kidding - I hope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies