Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:10 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times

Advertisements

In other news, all politicians try to keep people quiet all the time.

I'm sure Mitt Romneys campaign is coordinating with the LDS church to keep them realtively quiet in this election. If not, it would surprise me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 10:12 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Right off the bat you are lying. The article says "tried" you are saying he did. For someone who rails against the MSM for posting lies, fabricating details and using false headlines to bash the other side you sure do seem to learn from them.

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...eet-kettle.jpg
Have you picked all the nits you intend to pick on this one? It seems to me that tried means he didn't take the offered money but sure as hell does say they made the attempt. Obama is not the pure one you seem to think.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:14 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

I'm sure Mitt Romneys campaign is coordinating with the LDS church to keep them realtively quiet in this election. If not, it would surprise me.
You are sure of something but have no proof, at all, of anything being offered. I guess this is your attempt at glossing over the corruption of the Obama people,

Old 05-15-2012, 10:18 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You are sure of something but have no proof, at all, of anything being offered. I guess this is your attempt at glossing over the corruption of the Obama people,
I'm not glossing it over, its normal in politics. And Rev. Wright has offered no proof of this, BTW. So no proof, no pudding. Its as good as assuming that every politician does it.

When it comes to dirty pool , the odds are in favor of politicians doing it.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:36 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
.....And mean while back on the farm, still no positive threads from Romney supporters.
During the last election the President’s supporters were angered that he wouldn’t defend himself against every story that came out to defile his image. Conservatives believed that they could get Barack Obama to spend money defending himself. He kept plugging away at the Hope and Change thing and they kept churning out one story after another. By election time all we knew about the Republican candidates was what they said about Barack Obama.

It looks like this election will be déjà vu. Dirty politics don’t really work it’s just more fun and brings in more money. Obama is a cash cow for people who oppose him. You could go up and down the street collecting money from people if you told them you are going to use the money to run some negative ads about Obama.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:51 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Surprise! The LDS Church gets involved in political issues (like Prop 8), which I, as a practising Mormon, really wish it wouldn't do. It does not, however, endorse any specific candidate or political party. And that is the truth.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:19 AM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The left doesn't. Blagovich is in prison for attempting to sell a seat he never actually sold but Obama gets a complete pass on this bribery attempt (a felony). The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.
Even if this event actually happened (which I doubt), you cannot show me how this rises to the level of a bribe, since Wright held no office of public trust. By your logic, every non-disclosure agreement would be considered felony bribery.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Default I'm pretty certain the thread was about Obama/Rev. Wright & bribery..

Quote:

Deflection attempt not withstanding, certainly even you can differentiate between making a request and offering money to accompany that request for silence can you not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Even if this event actually happened (which I doubt), you cannot show me how this rises to the level of a bribe, since Wright held no office of public trust. By your logic, every non-disclosure agreement would be considered felony bribery.
I don't believe that campaign finance laws fall under "non-disclosure" agreements. In fact, I believe transparency is the rule rather than the exception, be it in collecting funds or in their spending.

Clue: see John Edwards

Old 05-15-2012, 12:56 PM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Deflection attempt not withstanding, certainly even you can differentiate between making a request and offering money to accompany that request for silence can you not?

I don't believe that campaign finance laws fall under "non-disclosure" agreements. In fact, I believe transparency is the rule rather than the exception, be it in collecting funds or in their spending.

Clue: see John Edwards
I am certain that there are non disclosure agreements in campaigns all of the time.
Again, if this story is true, the only matter to be concerned with is where the money was coming from. Edwards was an idiot who cooked his campaign books to use campaign funds to pay off a mistress. If he, or an associate paid her out of their own pocket, he wouldn't be in court right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies