Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 07:10 PM

14 posts, read 16,667 times

Advertisements

One only wastes their time posting anything positive about President Obama. His antagonists will never let up. This guy did not do everything I had hoped for, but, Bush got us into these wars and started the stimulus under TARP. None of Obama's antagonists can see that. This country is truly polarized as severely as I have ever seen. We, as a country, cannot compromise on any issue. The congressional Supercommittee proved that. Now, Americans cannot reach compromise on any issue either. I am an independent that will not enter into political discussion because of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 08:17 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What about one time Bush voters like myself?
You're an anomaly. I'll assume you woke up in 2004

Old 05-13-2012, 08:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You're an anomaly. I'll assume you woke up in 2004
No. I voted for President Bush once (in 2004).

Old 05-13-2012, 08:24 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Giving an order that is neccesary to give anyway is not a big accomplishment.
You're being disingenuous as usual. He's the POTUS and he made the call, which most of his cabinet disagreed with, including many military leaders.

His call = his accomplishment.

I'm 100% sure that if he made the call and it was a failure, you'd claim he was weak.

McCain would not have gone into Pakistan and said so. Neither would have Romney. The military wanted to drop a bomb on the complex, but Obama wanted to know that they got him and sent them in.

I wish for a moment that some of you sour grapes people could just be proud Americans for once instead of routing against a President who killed AQs leader. Instead your hatred for Obama trumps all.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I'm 100% sure that if he made the call and it was a failure, you'd claim he was weak.
No, I wouldn't. Despite your wish to place me in a box - I am much more complex then that - and likely hold many views with which you agree with.

If President Obama had given the order to take bin Laden and the attempt had failed - I would see it as a fluke of war. Unlike you(as it seems) I realize that we are at war and have been since 8:46 a.m(EDT) on 9/11/01 - or before since the attack certainly began earlier than that. All I ask from President Obama is that he make appropriate decisions as commander in chief to defend our republic. If he gives an order and the military carries it out with success - he does not get to claim credit - he should be honorable and recognize the people who did the job - like every other president before him has done. He should be recognizing the Navy SEAL's, not patting himself on the back.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:33 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Tripled the debt in one year, more than Bush did in eight years.

Passed the monstrosity called Obamacare. Will triple the debt even more and ration health care.

Over regulated everything he possibly could driving down foreign investment.

Killed jobs left and right re Keystone and stopped drilling where he could to make expensive alternatives more palatable, threw money at failing industries re Solyndra.

I could go on all night.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
No. I voted for President Bush once (in 2004).
Well, nevermind then. That explains why you'd trash Obama.

My bad.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Tripled the debt in one year, more than Bush did in eight years.

Passed the monstrosity called Obamacare. Will triple the debt even more and ration health care.

Over regulated everything he possibly could driving down foreign investment.

Killed jobs left and right re Keystone and stopped drilling where he could to make expensive alternatives more palatable, threw money at failing industries re Solyndra.

I could go on all night.
And you'd be wrong all night. Do you realize Bush ran the deficit up 1.8 trillion dollars in tax cuts for the rich? That was more than he wasted on the invasion of Iraq. And Obama had to SPEND the way out of a looming Depression due to the person YOU voted for. TWICE.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well, nevermind then. That explains why you'd trash Obama.

My bad.
I don't "trash" President Obama - and whenever I refer to him - I give him the respect he is due and call him "President Obama" - not "Obama". I do disagree with his policies. I voted for Harry Browne in 2000 - too bad he didn't win - he was better then both President Bush and Vice President Gore.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:42 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Obama will also soon be the only President since FDR to have a major legislative program (Obamacare) thrown out by the Supreme Court as unconstitutional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies