Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 09:12 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
You need to grow up.

The site you read is obviously some bigoted, anti-gay site.
Grow up? Isn't the standard refrain from the pro-homosexual "rights" defenders that the people who support traditional marriage are "old fogies" - which I suppose would include myself at age 35 and several people I am acquainted with in their 20's. So is your argument that if we "grow UP" we will come to support homosexual marriage and other so called "RIGHTS"? Or are you really implying that people who hold certain viewpoints are immature because they believe a certain way - despite their age? Maybe you had ought to "grow up" and learn that formation of opinions is a more complex process then you think.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:15 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
This is the ultimate in disgusting - Creating a holiday for a murderer & pedophile who died from AIDS??

Where are the morals in this country ? FLUSHED RIGHT DOWN THE TOILET!

Anything goes - !! There no restraints and the Jaywalkers clap & celebrate!!

Old 05-13-2012, 09:17 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
@ gomexico: Define "troll" - after all, don't most aerosol products come with some disclaimer that using the product in a matter contrary to federal guidelines could result in prosecution? How do we know you intend to use that can in an appropriate manner?

Old 05-13-2012, 09:39 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Milk was killed (after the mayor whom was the primary target) by a disgruntled worker.

He was definitely a groundbreaker but I don't really view him as being assassinated like say MLK and so forth.

Am I missing something?
I recall seeing a movie called "Milk" with Penn playing Milk. Your take on what happened is a bit off if you can believe the film. If I recall it was a councilman that Milk had dealings with. Milk was a councilman and I'm guessing killing a public official and civic leader is an assassination. What makes MLK's murder an assassination? VIP? Well, Mill was a local VIP and fairly well know nationally. He took on Anita Bryant's national anti gay campaign. He came up with the strategy of coming out to your family to gain support.

The killer did target Milk because he was homophobic and felt Milk had showed him up on their deals. A bite hazy but the killer might have lost his office thru the back and forth.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:43 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
God, I wish that stuff worked, this place is overrun with f'n *****s.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:47 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Grow up? Isn't the standard refrain from the pro-homosexual "rights" defenders that the people who support traditional marriage are "old fogies" - which I suppose would include myself at age 35 and several people I am acquainted with in their 20's. So is your argument that if we "grow UP" we will come to support homosexual marriage and other so called "RIGHTS"? Or are you really implying that people who hold certain viewpoints are immature because they believe a certain way - despite their age? Maybe you had ought to "grow up" and learn that formation of opinions is a more complex process then you think.
Read the post that I quoted again, tell me that it doesn't sound juvenile.

The way the opinion was presented tells me all I care to know...

Old 05-13-2012, 09:49 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
'Gays' to YouTube: Don't let anyone see THIS!

Save California
The video is full of lies, misinformation and slander....

Old 05-13-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I thought it was mothers day, not liars day.
That is the only way shi**ydata knows how to post.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:56 PM

753 posts, read 843,148 times
Milk is a hero.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Lmao!! OLE Harv was so special -(kiss Kiss) the site I read said he was a pedophile and he infected several young teens with aids - some of them committed suicide.

I guess you just can't believe what you read any more UNLESS it is on CNN then it is considered trustworthy.

I'll have to remember than when I post the news!
What the hell is wrong with you? The first recognized cases of AIDS occurred in the USA in the early 1980s, and Harvey Milk was murdered in 1978.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies