Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 06:01 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I see it every day!! It's hysterical to hear a southern white voter on welfare or government assistance vote Republican cause it's what they "believe in". Never mind that the Repubs are the ones that would most likely love to yank their welfare. Stupid people. It's a fact that only about 1 in 5 white southerners voters actually vote Dem in national Presidential elections. "Whistling Dixie" is a good book to read.
Yet, Romney said he would rather create jobs for minorities and other poor Americans than have them living on welfare. That's a bad thing? What is this hangup over white people? Can't race ever be left out of the issues by the Democrats?

Old 05-19-2012, 01:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Oh really!

The GOP has been pandering to White Americans that are adverse to the Civil Rights and social, political, and economic empowerment of non-White Americans since the 1960s.

I'll let A CONSERVATIVE EXPLAIN IT TO YOU!

Key to Republican Victory? White Voting Margin Over 60 Percent - Commentary - PatriotPost.US

Barry Goldwater

The reason that YOU and so many other Conservatives are up in arms over the increasing non-White population is the "Southern Strategy" which has been the core platform of the Republican Party can't work anymore if the percentage of non-Hispanic White voters declines.

In other world the *** is up. The Republican Party is going to have another way to appeal to voters. Either they accept that you they basically become a regional party in states or congressional districts where the demographics are still favorable to them.
It may not go quite the way you think. California for example where even extreme leftists are now talking about raiding the pensions of retirees because they want to keep providing the government programs for the new arrivals.

The liberals themselves stand to split the very groups to which they've pandered. In a state like California, we're seeing the liberal harvest in all it's glory - the budget is a mess. Do they throw former government union employees out on the streets to provide the illegals their dream act and free college? Do they cut back on social programs for this group to keep on giving to that group?

Do the liberals of California try to get jobs for their black voters? Do they try to keep wages high for their union voters? Or do they keep the borders wide open and keep inviting in hordes of indigent illegals who will snap up jobs and welfare handouts and demand the senior citizens give up their social security checks to provide the poor children free health care?

Will the California liberals take the traditional liberal approach and try to gut the taxpayers and businesses who then pack up and leave the state?

It really shouldn't come down to what "appeals" to voters as much as what works. And the liberal policies do not work.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:42 AM

Examples of issues that will lead to division in the democrat voting block, the liberals cannot possibly hold this unnatural coalition together forever.

Dr. Manning Interviews Activist Ted Hayes, Jr. - YouTube

Old 05-19-2012, 01:59 AM

And that interesting speech of Maxine Waters:

08.16.11: Rep. Maxine Waters on Criticizing Obama, Politics + the Black Community - YouTube

What I suspect is as the democrats move more and more left, catering and pandering to the fast growing and already the largest minority, many blacks will become disillusioned and split off to a new party. Some may decide to go with the Republicans as many black Americans are deep down quite Conservative, but likely there will soon be a split in the democrat party.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It may not go quite the way you think. California for example where even extreme leftists are now talking about raiding the pensions of retirees because they want to keep providing the government programs for the new arrivals.

The liberals themselves stand to split the very groups to which they've pandered. In a state like California, we're seeing the liberal harvest in all it's glory - the budget is a mess. Do they throw former government union employees out on the streets to provide the illegals their dream act and free college? Do they cut back on social programs for this group to keep on giving to that group?

Do the liberals of California try to get jobs for their black voters? Do they try to keep wages high for their union voters? Or do they keep the borders wide open and keep inviting in hordes of indigent illegals who will snap up jobs and welfare handouts and demand the senior citizens give up their social security checks to provide the poor children free health care?

Will the California liberals take the traditional liberal approach and try to gut the taxpayers and businesses who then pack up and leave the state?

It really shouldn't come down to what "appeals" to voters as much as what works. And the liberal policies do not work.
I get so sick of the race card pulling in here by some. Since the Republicans object to illegal immigration and are advocates for immigration enforcement, somehow these race card pulling people twist that to mean they are racists objecting to this "unnatural" demographic shift in our country. Are they kidding me? What country in the world would welcome an unnatural demographic shift to their country via illegal immigration?

Old 05-19-2012, 07:23 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,501,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
GOP doesn't do half the crap some of you cats claim. Please start linking stuff from reputable sites if you're going to make these claims.
What was I complaining about? Their anti-science anti-freedom policies?

Take a look at their former candidates.
2012 GOP Presidential Candidates on Evolution

I find the acceptance of the Theory of Evolution to be a huge metric on a person's ability to lead and govern. If you can't look at facts and make an appropriate call, and would rather believe something you were told instead, even when the evidence is against it, you aren't fit to lead.

Jon Huntsman, the only GOP candidate I actually put any real support in, is also the only one to put his weight behind science. Every other candidate on there believes in either creationism, or intelligent design, and several of them have ignorantly proclaimed that these should be taught along side evolution in science classrooms because there is major strife with the ToE.

The problems of evolution isn't did it happen, it's how did it happen. Teaching religious alternatives which do not have any support of the current evidence, specifically in a science classroom, is undoubtedly anti-science.

Rinse and repeat for global warming. Rinse and repeat for energy independence.

Anti-freedom! How many candidates are against gay-marriage? How many are against the freedom of choice? How many are in support of strict voter ID laws? Drug War?

Old 05-19-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
What was I complaining about? Their anti-science anti-freedom policies?

Take a look at their former candidates.
2012 GOP Presidential Candidates on Evolution

I find the acceptance of the Theory of Evolution to be a huge metric on a person's ability to lead and govern. If you can't look at facts and make an appropriate call, and would rather believe something you were told instead, even when the evidence is against it, you aren't fit to lead.

Jon Huntsman, the only GOP candidate I actually put any real support in, is also the only one to put his weight behind science. Every other candidate on there believes in either creationism, or intelligent design, and several of them have ignorantly proclaimed that these should be taught along side evolution in science classrooms because there is major strife with the ToE.

The problems of evolution isn't did it happen, it's how did it happen. Teaching religious alternatives which do not have any support of the current evidence, specifically in a science classroom, is undoubtedly anti-science.

Rinse and repeat for global warming. Rinse and repeat for energy independence.

Anti-freedom! How many candidates are against gay-marriage? How many are against the freedom of choice? How many are in support of strict voter ID laws? Drug War?
Like it or not our country has been based on Judeo-Christian principles. So it should come as no surprise that those who still adhere to those principles object to gay marriage. Same goes to being pro-life. It isn't only a Republican ideal.

Having vote ID laws is a bad thing and restricts freedom? How so?

Old 05-19-2012, 09:12 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Too many replies to wade through already so I will only comment on the question from my point of view. The Republican party should not care what any one group wants to see happen before they consider joining the party. When you start setting your priorities in order to get certain people to agree with you, you are giving up your convictions. If you want to join a political party that panders to your wants (not needs) then join the Democratic Party. You can sell your vote to them.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:25 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Not all people who live in the inner city are criminals and you have given us an excellent example of the type of thinking so prevalent in conservatives that leads all black people far away from ever considering voting for a Republican. We know what you code words mean.
Do you really think that liberals believe otherwise? As a white man from Boston who knows many many liberals, let me disabuse you of that notion.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:30 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,854 times
I just want to make sure i understand this correctly. Republicans accuse minorities of being brainwashed, on a plantation, lazy, only care about handouts and we are stupid. This is what the party thinks of us, and they wonder why we don't join the party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies