Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 03:59 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times

Advertisements

No point in even debating with a liberal, lefty Democrat. They will deny the truth when it is right in their faces. I made my points and they were valid. Yours have no validity just based on emotion and some supposed loss of freedoms for lefties that don't exist while denying the rights of the unborn a chance to live, denying us the right of fraud free elections, a right to defend ourselves from anyone that would harm us and keeping the sanctity of marriage for a man and a woman. Conservatives believe in the Bible and its teachings yet it is called extreme by the lefty, liberals these days. Bye.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:08 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,670 times
I didn't care for huntsman, he screamed new world order to me.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:16 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
I question your sanity. We've had these discussion before, and I mentioned it earlier here too, that Voter ID laws do absolutely nothing about stopping real fraud. Poll fraud is miniscule compared to everything else, and a fraudulent registration isn't actually voting.
Registering isn't voting for sure, but it's a pretty important first step to voting, isn't it?

Old 05-20-2012, 04:23 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Registering isn't voting for sure, but it's a pretty important first step to voting, isn't it?
Buying a gun isn't killing someone, for sure, but it's a pretty important first stem to killing someone, isn't it?

The act of registering is actually pretty easy to defraud, as thousands find out every year. The case in, I think it was Florida, where a teacher registered her students to vote, but it was a couple of days after they filled out the forms, so they counted as "fraudulent" votes.

I'll find the study, but it turns out that most reported incidents of fraud like this are innocuous. The actual level of in-person vote fraud at the polls is incredible small, in the range of a dozen or so a year at most. Voter ID laws being passed around the nation are trying to stop the possibility of voterfraud, when there is both real voter fraud taking place by absentee ballot, and the tremendous potential to disenfranchise thousands of voters. It's not worth the cost.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:44 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Links to your assertions please. You are of course speaking about the "majority" of Republicans, right? If not, then why bring this up?
I am talking about the majority of republicans.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:25 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
On page 607 of his book, My American Journey, he says,"...some people have rushed to hang a Republican label around my neck." And it appears that he's presenting evidence in the following pages to support that he's not a Republican.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:52 PM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
actually when i said minorities i didn't mean just blacks, i meant hispanics,gays,asians,women,other religions...minorities...so...yea
Alright, as a gay person, when I first began voting back in 1968 I voted for Nixon, but I considered myself a Rockefeller Republican. Then the Republican party evolved into a group who would not nominate most of their previous presidents. Today's Republican party wouldn't nominate an Eisenhower or a Nixon or probably even a Ronald Reagan. That's how far right they've moved since my days as a Republican.

Now I would not vote for a Republican for any office ever again.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:45 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Alright, as a gay person, when I first began voting back in 1968 I voted for Nixon, but I considered myself a Rockefeller Republican. Then the Republican party evolved into a group who would not nominate most of their previous presidents. Today's Republican party wouldn't nominate an Eisenhower or a Nixon or probably even a Ronald Reagan. That's how far right they've moved since my days as a Republican.

Now I would not vote for a Republican for any office ever again.
They haven't moved right on gay issues. They country has moved left. I don't think Eisenhower, Nixon, or even Rockafeller supported gay marriage, or much of anything else gays have campaigned for. Today's Republicans actually do support a good portion of the "gay agenda".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies