Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2012, 04:53 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I provided a link to over 900 parents that beg to differ. Here it is again. Following Vaccinations

Vaccines and autism: a new scientific review

Vaccines and autism: a new scientific review - CBS News Investigates - CBS News

CDC was asked to comment on this scientists review, they declined other than to provide links to their propoganda.
900, Really? Lets talk about the millions that have no problems. Believe me, there would be a ton more problems if we did not vaccinate.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:58 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The herd immunity theory has already been addressed and debunked. Saying it over and over again suggests you aren't paying attention, or are trying to misinform people.

Once it becomes obvious that the vaccines aren't working, or that the fear mongering about the latest epidemic is subsiding, then they say it's mutated, or it's a different strain - please line up again for the new and improved version. and on n on it goes.
They can, and will, always claim that there is some terrorist out to get ya, or some virus lurking in the shadows. That is how they exert control over your lives, your dependents, and your money. Don't just hand over your lives to these people, they don't deserve your trust, make them earn it.
If they truly cared about your health, they would be teaching you how to maintain it and build up a healthy immune system. Not sticking chemicals in your body. THINK PEOPLE
How do you think vaccines work? You are given an antegen of the virus and it stimulates the imune system. If you have kids, and they have not been vaccinated, then thank the people around you who did, it is the only reason your kids aren't sick.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:51 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I was born in 1940 before many vaccines were in use and lost friends an relatives to some of the diseases listed below...

The last case of polio in the western world was in 1991....The last case of smallpox was in Somalia in 1977...The last case of Yellow fever in the US was in 1924 (50% of those who contact yellow fever die without treatment) Early 1900s – Over 5000 cases of tetanus occurred in the United States every year. In the 1940s The vaccine became available in Canada and the United States. The rate of tetanus among wounded soldiers, for example, was 30 times less in World War II than in World War I. From 1980 to 2004, the number of cases reported annually ranged from 1 to 10, with an average of 4 per year; no cases of tetanus were reported in newborns in Canada.

Don't try and tell me that vaccines are not a good thing...Average life expectancy in 1940 was 62.9...Today it is 80.7, and this is mainly due to advances in medical science, including vaccines..
I'm glad that our children did not need to get that huge smallpox vaccination. I can still vividly remember standing in that long line (with all my brothers) waiting my turn to be hit with that gun.
I have had many young people ask me about that scar on my left arm. It pleases me to tell them why it is there... even if getting it was not pleasant.

My son was given all the required vaccinations. He has Asperger's. However, he has had it since birth - of this I am positive!

Old 10-08-2012, 11:16 AM

1,403 posts, read 937,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You are a fool if you don't vaccinate your kids! I am old enough to remember the ravages of polio and childhood diseases they had no vaccines for and it ain't a pretty picture. vaccines work and with very little or no side effects.
That is your opinion. I have my own and that's all that matters. I have read up on tests done on animals with these vaccines I have talked to parents whose children were perfectly normal until they were given the vaccines and now have mental and physical problems.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:29 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
I'm glad that our children did not need to get that huge smallpox vaccination. I can still vividly remember standing in that long line (with all my brothers) waiting my turn to be hit with that gun.
I have had many young people ask me about that scar on my left arm. It pleases me to tell them why it is there... even if getting it was not pleasant.

My son was given all the required vaccinations. He has Asperger's. However, he has had it since birth - of this I am positive!
I, too, remember the smallpox vaccination.

You were very observant of your son.

These researchers are looking at siblings of autistic children with the same technology used to scan Dr. Grandin and finding the same abnormalities in infants who are later diagnosed with autism:

Brain scans detect early signs of autism in infants

Old 10-08-2012, 12:12 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
That is your opinion. I have my own and that's all that matters. I have read up on tests done on animals with these vaccines I have talked to parents whose children were perfectly normal until they were given the vaccines and now have mental and physical problems.
Correlation does not equal causation!

Now someone else here posted a study done on the Amish community, thinking it would show proof that vaccines lead to autism since the community doesn't vaccinate children. However, what the study showed was that their children still develop the disorder. It's at a lower rate (believe the # was 1 in 250), but the fact they still develop it at such a rate with no vaccinations shows that something else might be going on.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:26 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I, too, remember the smallpox vaccination.

You were very observant of your son.

These researchers are looking at siblings of autistic children with the same technology used to scan Dr. Grandin and finding the same abnormalities in infants who are later diagnosed with autism:

Brain scans detect early signs of autism in infants
Thanks. He was not diagnosed until just a few years ago (he is 29).
However, all I have to do is read things I wrote when he was a baby, look at pictures and dig into my own mind to remember how he was as a newborn. Routine RULED his/my life.
When he was four years old I asked his doctor if he could have autism because he had/has the arm flapping so prevalent in autistic children. Other behaviors worried me also. Doctor said my son was too smart and spoke too well to be autistic.
Asperger's was not widely known about in the 80's.

Interesting links on this thread. I have read some and intend to get to the rest later tonight. Thanks all.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You are a fool if you don't vaccinate your kids! I am old enough to remember the ravages of polio and childhood diseases they had no vaccines for and it ain't a pretty picture. vaccines work and with very little or no side effects.
Wrong Ghostrider, I also am old enough to remember the ravages of polio, most if which was vaccine induced, and it ain't a pretty picture....vaccines are damaging and deadly...you are maybe not a fool if you vaccinate, but definitely ignorant.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:01 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Wrong Ghostrider, I also am old enough to remember the ravages of polio, most if which was vaccine induced, and it ain't a pretty picture....vaccines are damaging and deadly...you are maybe not a fool if you vaccinate, but definitely ignorant.
Right, that's why there are outbreaks among the unvaccinated in remote areas of Nigeria, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:26 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Right, that's why there are outbreaks among the unvaccinated in remote areas of Nigeria, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.
Like this one?

Dangerous mutation
What's needed to stop Nigeria's outbreak is more of the same vaccine that caused it.

The latest outbreak linked to the vaccine comes "in the wake of all the other problems they've had in Nigeria," said Dr. Donald A. Henderson, who led WHO's smallpox eradication campaign in the 1970s.
Now, health officials' decision to keep quiet about the outbreak linked to the vaccine for so long — WHO and CDC have known about the Nigerian outbreak since last year — may look suspicious.
Polio outbreak in Nigeria sparked by vaccine - Health - Infectious diseases | NBC News

So more vaccines are the solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies