Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 04:26 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Wrong Ghostrider, I also am old enough to remember the ravages of polio, most if which was vaccine induced, and it ain't a pretty picture....vaccines are damaging and deadly...you are maybe not a fool if you vaccinate, but definitely ignorant.
They no longer use live vaccines and haven't for years. I will admit there were some problems when they did, but it is imposable to get the disease from modern vaccines. These cases were very rare and it would have been much worse had no one received the vaccine. From Wiki...

Wiki....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polio_vaccine

Quote:

Iatrogenic (vaccine-induced) polio
A major concern about the oral polio vaccine (OPV) is its known ability to revert to a form that can achieve neurological infection and cause paralysis.[39] Clinical disease, including paralysis, caused by vaccine-derived poliovirus (VDPV) is indistinguishable from that caused by wild polioviruses.[40] This is believed to be a rare event, but outbreaks of vaccine-associated paralytic poliomyelitis (VAPP) have been reported, and tend to occur in areas of low coverage by OPV, presumably because the OPV is itself protective against the related outbreak strain.[41][42]

Doses of oral polio vaccine are added to sugar cubes for use in a 1967 vaccination campaign in Bonn, Germany

As the incidence of wild polio diminishes, nations transition from use of the oral vaccine back to the injected vaccine because the direct risk of iatrogenic polio (VAPP) due to OPV outweighs the indirect benefit of immunization via subclinical transmission of OPV. When IPV is used, reversion is not possible but there remains a small risk of clinical infection upon exposure to reverted OPV or wild polio virus. Following the widespread use of polio vaccines in the mid-1950s, the incidence of poliomyelitis declined rapidly in many industrialized countries. The use of OPV was discontinued in the United States in 2000 and in 2004 in the UK, but it continues to be used around the globe.[16][29]
The rate of vaccine-associated paralytic poliomyelitis (VAPP) varies by region but is generally about 1 case per 750,000 vaccine recipients.[43] VAPP is more likely to occur in adults than in children. In immunodeficient children, the risk of VAPP is almost 7,000 times higher, particularly for persons with B-lymphocyte disorders (e.g., agammaglobulinemia and hypogammaglobulinemia), which reduce the synthesis of protective antibodies.[40] The World Health Organization considers the benefits of vaccination to far outweigh the risk of vaccine derived polio. Outbreaks of vaccine derived polio have been stopped by multiple rounds of high-quality vaccination, in order to immunize the entire population.[44]
Outbreaks of VAPP occurred independently in Belarus (1965–66), Canada (1966–68), Egypt (1983–1993), Hispaniola (2000–2001), Philippines (2001), Madagascar (2001–2002),[45] and in Haiti (2002), where political strife and poverty have interfered with vaccination efforts.[46] In 2006 an outbreak of vaccine-derived poliovirus occurred in China.[47] Cases have been reported from Cambodia (2005–2006), Myanmar (2006–2007), Iran (1995, 2005–2007), Syria, Kuwait and Egypt.[48] Since 2005, The World Health Organization has been tracking vaccine-caused polio in northern Nigeria caused by a mutation in live oral polio vaccines

Last edited by Ghostrider275452; 10-09-2012 at 04:52 AM..

Old 10-09-2012, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You want to talk history of polio? Here ya go in a nutshell.

1953 - Amid continued "polio hysteria," there are 35, 000 cases of polio in the United States.
1954 - Massive field trials of the Salk vaccine are sponsored by the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis.
1955 - News of the successful vaccine trials is announced by Dr. Thomas Francis Jr. of the University of Michigan at a formal press conference held April 12 in Ann Arbor (the site where the research data from the field trials had been gathered and analyzed). A nationwide vaccination program is quickly started.
1957 - After a mass immunization campaign promoted by the March of Dines, there are only about 5600 cases of polio in the United States.
1958 and 1959 - Field trials prove the Sabin oral vaccine, which uses live, attenuated (weakened) virus, to be effective.
1962 - The Salk vaccine is replaced by the Sabin oral vaccine, which is not only superior in terms of ease of administration, but also provides longer-lasting immunization.
1964 - Only 121 cases of polio are reported nationally.
1974 - Dr. Donald Mulder of the Mayo Clinic writes an article describing the "late progression of poliomyelitis."
1977 - The National Health Interview Survey reports that there are 254,000 persons living in the United States who had been paralyzed by polio. Some estimates place the number at more than 600, 000.
1979 - The last indigenous transmission of wild polio virus occurs in the U.S. All future cases are either imported or vaccine-related.
and so on
Polio History Timeline

The hysteria is relentless, so they can continue the vaccines and wreak havoc on vulnerable populations globally.
Quote:
1979 - The last indigenous transmission of wild polio virus occurs in the U.S. All future cases are either imported or vaccine-related.
This is exactly why vaccines must continue and vaccine related are extremely rare, compared to the amount who would have polio if we had no vaccine!

Old 10-09-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Wrong Ghostrider, I also am old enough to remember the ravages of polio, most if which was vaccine induced, and it ain't a pretty picture....vaccines are damaging and deadly...you are maybe not a fool if you vaccinate, but definitely ignorant.
Found this....

Quote:
(OPV). Inactivated poliovirus vaccine (the poliovirus vaccine currently used in the United States) does not contain live poliovirus, so it cannot cause vaccine-associated paralytic polio.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:20 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
That is your opinion. I have my own and that's all that matters. I have read up on tests done on animals with these vaccines
See this is the kind of thinking that really can drive ones nuts

no - not really. This isn't like phlispohy. This isn't something abstract "does man have a soul"

This is quantifiable

this is quantative

this is researched and study

you can technically have a opinion that aliens cause autism, or sunlight is made from angel farts. Sure you can. Yet if you refuse to critical think and study the evidence.. .than your opinion is as worthless as the flat earthers. We need the govt. to step in in these case, and protect us from these people. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
I have talked to parents whose children were perfectly normal until they were given the vaccines and now have mental and physical problems.
That is why we don't base our observations on the world on one persons confirmation bias, and selection. We Study, research, and understand.

Take your parade of horribles elsewhere, and maybe - just maybe - sign up for a critical thinking class.

Parade of Horrible -

A parade of horribles is also a rhetorical device whereby the speaker argues against taking a certain course of action by listing a number of extremely undesirable events which will ostensibly result from the action.[3] [4] Its power lies in the emotional impact of the unpleasant predictions; however, a parade of horribles can potentially be a logical fallacy if one or more of the following is true:
The action doesn't actually change the likelihood of the "horribles" occurring. The "horribles" could be unlikely to occur even if the action is taken, or they could be likely to happen anyway even if the action is avoided. This is an appeal to probability, and can be viewed as a non sequitur (logic) insofar as the action has no causal relation to the "horribles".
The argument relies solely on the emotional impact of the "horribles" (an appeal to emotion).
The "horribles" are not actually bad.
A parade of horribles is a type of hyperbole, because it exaggerates the negative results of the action, arguing that "If we do this, ultimately all these horrible things will happen".

Old 10-09-2012, 06:22 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Funny, just noticed this thread

Did the person posting the monkey autisim link know it had been retracted

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...retracted.html

Old 10-09-2012, 06:35 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Sorry I overestimated your age!

Were special needs children mainstreamed into your classes when you were in elementary, middle or high school?

Autism is not a single gene disorder like Fragile X. However, children with Fragile X have autistic behaviors, as do children with Rett syndrome and tuberous sclerosis.

"Genetic" and "hereditary" are not the same thing, by the way. Down syndrome, for example, is genetic, but it is not inherited from the parents. It happens after the fertilized egg begins to divide. It could, of course, be passed to a child if a parent actually has Down, but most people with the condition do not reproduce.

Autism likely involves a confluence of multiple genes, some of which may come from one parent, some from the other, and some which happen without input from either parent (spontaneous mutations.) There is a similarity between Down syndrome in that increased maternal age predisposes to the abnormal cell division that produces trisomy 21, and increased paternal age is associated with autism, particularly girls with autism

NIMH · The New Genetics of Autism ? Why Environment Matters

If one of a set of identical twins is autistic, the other is likely to be also. There is an increased risk in full and half siblings.

So the best place to spend money on finding the cause of autism is genetic research. Spending more in search of a way to blame vaccines is wasteful and unproductive. Research money is scarce these days.

Newer brain imaging techniques (like the one featured in the Temple Grandin video I posted earlier), are beginning to define the physical differences in the brains of people with autism spectrum disorders. It is unlikely that exposure to a single simple environmental substance is going to account for those changes.

The problem is that if there are multiple genes involved, then no way is likely to become available in the near future to tell which families they are at risk or to diagnose it prenatally. That means that we should follow Dr. Grandin's advice to accept that people wit autism are not somehow defective but are people with different gifts that they should be taught to use to become productive members of society.
In high school they were definitely mainstreamed. In elementary, the one "hyperactive" child was as well.

I agree that genetic research is required, as is environmental.

There are many autistic kids that I see that are high functioning and learn very well. There are others that I've seen that are not and I don't think really will ever learn anything other than the names of those around them.

I feel badly that so many parents are going through this unknown phenomena with no cause and no cure.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,003 times
George R. Price

George R. Price - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

W. D. Hamilton

W. D. Hamilton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

in particular, bill hamilton, who went to the congo to investigate links between HIV and man-made vaccines, died of internal bleeding by taking aspirin whose side effects he shoulda known.

"I will leave a sum in my last will for my body to be carried to Brazil and to these forests. It will be laid out in a manner secure against the possums and the vultures just as we make our chickens secure; and this great Coprophanaeus beetle will bury me. They will enter, will bury, will live on my flesh; and in the shape of their children and mine, I will escape death. No worm for me nor sordid fly, I will buzz in the dusk like a huge bumble bee. I will be many, buzz even as a swarm of motorbikes, be borne, body by flying body out into the Brazilian wilderness beneath the stars, lofted under those beautiful and un-fused elytra which we will all hold over our backs. So finally I too will shine like a violet ground beetle under a stone."

Old 10-09-2012, 10:00 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
This is exactly why vaccines must continue and vaccine related are extremely rare, compared to the amount who would have polio if we had no vaccine!
The point was, if you go to the link, they claim victory over polio several times thruought history, only to claim it's back and we need to inject millions all over again, or they claim it's mutated, or it's a new strain. Polio is useful to scare the people into lining up for their next injection. Therefore it will always be with us, until the people don't buy into the lies anymore and stop being sheeple.
Notice they talk about the herd - you are nothing but a bunch of diseased animals to them that need to be culled.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:04 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Truth is we have a bunch of operatives on forums that represent Big Pharma. Their job is to convince you that the criminals are those that rebel against drugging their children, all under the guise of the greater good. Does that sound like communism? Yes it does. Think about who is benefiting by the billions these programs cost, it ain't you.

Prison Planet.com » Big Pharma Wants You on Pills and Shots For Life

Big Pharma Wants You on Pills and Shots For Life - YouTube#!

"Be a good neighbor and get your flu shot". Well if they are protected, what's this really about?

Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
The point was, if you go to the link, they claim victory over polio several times thruought history, only to claim it's back and we need to inject millions all over again, or they claim it's mutated, or it's a new strain. Polio is useful to scare the people into lining up for their next injection. Therefore it will always be with us, until the people don't buy into the lies anymore and stop being sheeple.
Notice they talk about the herd - you are nothing but a bunch of diseased animals to them that need to be culled.
You are woefully ingorant about the history of polio/polio vaccine. We have NEVER quit immunizing in the US b/c polio, as the epidemiologists like to say, is "only an airplane ride away". Calling people who disagree with you diseased animals is not going to win you any adherents.

You think polio is going to go away when we QUIT immunizing? You need to look at the link you posted. The big polio epidemics of the early 50s are gone with the introduction of the vaccine in 1955. It's easy for someone who hides their kids in the herd to advocate against immunizing.

Quote:
Truth is we have a bunch of operatives on forums that represent Big Pharma. Their job is to convince you that the criminals are those that rebel against drugging their children, all under the guise of the greater good. Does that sound like communism? Yes it does. Think about who is benefiting by the billions these programs cost, it ain't you.

Prison Planet.com » Big Pharma Wants You on Pills and Shots For Life
Oh, really? What a way to try to discredit people who disagree with you. Put up or shut up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies