Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 04:34 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The reason this belongs in politics is because it suggests bias on the part of CDC. Studies like this need to be independent of politics, so we are armed with the truth and can protect children from the real dangers.
Before the usual pro-govt defenders comment, please read the article attached prior to impeaching it.

Learn more: Vaccine bombshell: Baby monkeys given standard doses of popular vaccines develop autism symptoms

I do not doubt it. I could not believe how many people are actually dumb enough to take flu vaccines each year. I then realized the people who do are complete and utter morons, so I recently quit arguing with them on this forum. None of them are going to listen to you. Instead, they will use their standard attack, "take off your tinfoil hat." LOL, they do not realize the truth....

Chemical Dumbing Down of America - YouTube

Old 05-14-2012, 04:38 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
So your proof is that CDC says so read the op again.
Yeah let's not trust the good scientists of the CDC. Let's trust a discredited former doctor and a parent who believes monkeys get autism.

Your OP was only served to illustrate the complete inability of the anti-vax movement to understand anything at all let alone basic science.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I do not doubt it. I could not believe how many people are actually dumb enough to take flu vaccines each year. I then realized the people who do are complete and utter morons, so I recently quit arguing with them on this forum. None of them are going to listen to you. Instead, they will use their standard attack, "take off your tinfoil hat." LOL, they do not realize the truth....

Chemical Dumbing Down of America - YouTube
Yeah a you tube video by a paranoid fool. That's convincing.

Russell Blaylock, M.D. - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Let's all go trash twenty cent vaccines and buy his overpriced "brain repair formula."

The man is sells quackery to desperate cancer patients. He's evil.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:44 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Allegations of Bias

Activist groups released transcripts of closed-door conversations in 2001 between Dr. McCormick and Kathleen Stratton, PhD, the IOM study director. Groups say the conversation suggests that the committee would fashion its findings to meet CDC’s desires to play down a link between thimerosal and autism.

Medscape: Medscape Access

Old 05-14-2012, 04:49 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
General Jack D. Ripper? That you?

Old 05-14-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Yeah a you tube video by a paranoid fool. That's convincing.

Russell Blaylock, M.D. - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Let's all go trash twenty cent vaccines and buy his overpriced "brain repair formula."

The man is sells quackery to desperate cancer patients. He's evil.
Look at my user title. It fits you perfectly.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:52 PM

By the way, let the attacks on me begin. I don't care, nor am I going to bother to respond.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:52 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Allegations of Bias

Activist groups released transcripts of closed-door conversations in 2001 between Dr. McCormick and Kathleen Stratton, PhD, the IOM study director. Groups say the conversation suggests that the committee would fashion its findings to meet CDC’s desires to play down a link between thimerosal and autism.

Have you ever actually even read the transcripts? They do not support any allegations of bias, but instead demonstrate the CDC advocating for the conclusions established by research.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:57 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Look at my user title. It fits you perfectly.
Your user title is actually quite funny - although not, I'm sure, in the intended manner.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Allegations of Bias

Oh my. A group with the false belief that autism is mercury poisoning does not like vaccine safety advocates.

Quote:
"In the interest of protecting the immunization program, they forgot about child safety. They are continuing that pattern of behavior and denial that thimerosal causes harm," Bobbie Manning, vice president of Advocates for Children's Health Affected by Mercury, said in an interview.

Your own article points out:

Quote:
Louis Z. Cooper, MD, an emeritus professor of pediatrics at Columbia University and a founder of the National Network for Immunization Information, said in an interview that some of the emails and transcripts "cause some anxiety" because they may help fuel fear among parents about the safety of vaccines and the motivations of health officials.

Still, Dr. Cooper, who noted he has known Dr. McCormick professionally for at least 20 years, called accusations of bias against her or other members of IOM's committee "rubbish, scurrilous, and awful."

Hmm. Who to trust? A professor of pediatrics at an Ivy League university . . . or someone who can't tell the difference between the symptoms of mercury poisoning and those of autism?

I know!

FYI, they took the very small amount of ethylmercury out of the vaccines. Autism rates went UP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies