Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 05:02 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
By the way, let the attacks on me begin. I don't care, nor am I going to bother to respond.

The supporters of the ever-increasing, insane schedule of shots always resort to ad hominem, not only of we laypersons that aren't brainwashed or led by anything but our own inuition and wisdom. They also lamely and in sophmoric fashion have to call Professional after professional "nuts" and other things because...

drumroll apropos...

at those numerous times they cannot "gainsay the messages" before them.

You got it, let the attacks begin because they fail to objectively see themselves and that it's all they've got when they can't force their agenda on others.

"Others" of which we number in the many millions and ever-growing. Their agenda is threatened and they know it. We're having the healthy and beautiful babies. WE KNOW that every time there's a breakout of one of their diseases that a good number, if not a shocking number of the "victims" of said illness are immunized.

Stand your ground, and God bless you for it.

It's call "Freedom." They are not more pro-choice than we are, in fact they are often less PRO CHOICE. They give us the right to kill our babies in the womb, but not the right to refuse those same babies shots....if they can help it.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:02 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Look at my user title. It fits you perfectly.
Well I've been refuted! Your next round of Brain Repair Formula is on me!

The anti-vax movement can't argue factually so they argue from you tube and silly websites.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:09 PM

The supporters of the ever-increasing, insane schedule of shots always resort to ad hominem, not only of we laypersons that aren't brainwashed or led by anything but our own inuition and wisdom. They also lamely and in sophmoric fashion have to call Professional after professional "nuts" and other things because...

drumroll apropos...

at those numerous times they cannot "gainsay the messages" before them.

You got it, let the attacks begin because they fail to objectively see themselves and that it's all they've got when they can't force their agenda on others.

We're not the ones arguing in favor of contagious diseases. You anti-vaxxers are. Please stop telling us we need vaccine preventable diseases because science is too difficult for you to understand.

Thank you.

"Others" of which we number in the many millions and ever-growing. Their agenda is threatened and they know it. We're having the healthy and beautiful babies. WE KNOW that every time there's a breakout of one of their dieseas that a good number, if not a shocking number of the "victims" of said illness are immunized.

Stand your ground, and God bless you for it.

It's call "Freedom." They are not more pro-choice than we are, in fact they are often less PRO CHOICE. They give us the righ to kill our babies in the womb, but not the right to refuse shots....if they can help it.

You can refuse shots all you like. But you can't refuse them and expect people to leave you alone to spread vaccine preventable diseases. FYI, most vaccine preventable diseases occur in vaccinated people because most people are vaccinated.

That still doesn't refute the fact that most unvaccinated are far more vulnerable to serious vaccine preventable diseases than their unvaccinated counterparts.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:11 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
You can't use independent and Wakefield in the same sentence. Do you understand why?

Parents who want to sue pharmaceutical companies are hardly independent observers.

Vaccines are extensively studied before being placed on the market. You know that, right?

Five seconds of googling:

CDC Study Shows No Vaccine, Autism Link

Exposure to thimerosal-containing vaccines in infancy or in the womb is not associated with an increased risk for developing autism, according to a new study from the CDC.

Children in the study who developed autism spectrum disorder (ASD) actually had less exposure to vaccines with the mercury-containing preservative than children who developed normally.

The study is the latest of almost 20 studies to find no link between childhood vaccinations and autism.

How can you be so cavalier about exposing our most vulnerable citizens to dangerous and often deadly vaccine preventable diseases?

Nowhere did I claim Wakefield was "independent". Vaccines have problems associated with them. This is undeniable. Immunity is far more complex than a vaccine.
In fact, I pointed out many conflicts of interest going on with the studies many people readily accept.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:17 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
How bout that Denmark study?
(NaturalNews) CDC researcher Poul Thorsen, who famously headed up the "Denmark Study" that many claim disproved any link between autism and vaccines, has been indicted in Atlanta by a federal grand jury on charges of wire fraud, money laundering and defrauding research institutions of grant money
Learn more: CDC vaccine scientist who downplayed links to autism indicted by DOJ in alleged fraud scheme

Old 05-14-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Since when do anecdotes merit scientific consideration?

A complete red herring. Vaccination "reactions" apparently do not include autism, as the research shows.
Anecdotes always merit scientific consideration based on what they are.
Reactions go to the point about the broad labeling of "Autism" and its wide-range of symptoms. Unlike you, who seem to imply that data is all in, I think more independent and proper research needs to be done.

Too many people are giving validity to information, which does, in fact have conflicts of interest, while they hypocritically complain about it elsewhere.

I think Vaccinations should be by choice, not forced. I also think good information, unbiased needs to be out there.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:20 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Nowhere did I claim Wakefield was "independent". Vaccines have problems associated with them. This is undeniable. Immunity is far more complex than a vaccine.
I cannot recall a more pointless string of vacuous platitudes in days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr
In fact, I pointed out many conflicts of interest going on with the studies many people readily accept.
The science does not ultimately care.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Actually vaccines are one of the safest medical procedures on the market. They date back several centuries and have literally driven many diseases into submission including smallpox, polio and diphtheria.

Immunity is not that complicated for certain diseases.

The perceived conflicts of interest really aren't. The Academy of American Pediatrics is far more independent than Mercola or Barbara Loe Fisher and her cohort of liars.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I cannot recall a more pointless string of vacuous platitudes in days.

The science does not ultimately care.
I am sure you can.

The science should care about conflict of interest, because the "science" is performed by humans. You may not care, but I assure you scientist and others do care.
To deny conflict of interest has no bearing on outcomes is absurd in the extreme.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:30 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
How bout that Denmark study?
How about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper
CDC researcher Poul Thorsen, who famously headed up the "Denmark Study" that many claim disproved any link between autism and vaccines, has been indicted in Atlanta by a federal grand jury on charges of wire fraud, money laundering and defrauding research institutions of grant money.
Ignoring that it is a lie to say he "headed up the 'Denmark Study"... let's pretend those charges are true. How do they discredit the research?

Read this link... and weep.

Danish investigator Poul Thorsen: Custom-made for the anti-vaccine movement to distract from inconvenient science

Quote:
Finally, it can't be reiterated enough that these fraud charges have nothing at all to do with the scientific validity of the Danish studies. Over the next week and during the trial, you can count on propagandists at AoA to try to use this case to try to convince people that the Danish studies are somehow hopelessly tainted, even though Thorsen actually didn't contribute much to them, and that, by association, all the evidence that supports the safety of vaccines can also now be brought into question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies