Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pick what applies to you
Conservative that can indentify major news oraganiztion with liberal bias. 13 43.33%
Conservative that can indentify major news oraganiztion with conservative bias. 8 26.67%
Liberal that can indentify major news oraganiztion with liberal bias. 5 16.67%
Liberal that can indentify major news oraganiztion with conservative bias. 5 16.67%
Moderate that can indentify major news oraganiztion with liberal bias. 11 36.67%
Moderate that can indentify major news oraganiztion with conservative bias. 10 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:41 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,097,922 times

Advertisements

Pick whatever applies, if for example you're conservative and can only identify a liberal news source then just pick one. If you're a conservative and can identify both a liberal and conservative news source pick both.

Major news sources would be Fox, CNN, NYT etc.

Last edited by thecoalman; 05-14-2012 at 12:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 12:50 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,631,750 times
It is obvious who the brainwashed are in this country, when one side can identify only the opposite side. Liberals have just bought the media's agenda without questioning any slants on reporting.

A good example: mainstream news outlets for the last 3 decades have used the following vocabulary---- "right-wing extremist, ultra-conservative, right-wing idealogue".

Do you think just a FEW honest liberals with a BIT of integrity would question the MSM on the use of these terms, since they NEVER hear or read the terms "left-wing extremist", "ultra-liberal", or "left-wing idealogue".

Old 05-14-2012, 12:54 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,459,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
It is obvious who the brainwashed are in this country, when one side can identify only the opposite side. Liberals have just bought the media's agenda without questioning any slants on reporting.

A good example: mainstream news outlets for the last 3 decades have used the following vocabulary---- "right-wing extremist, ultra-conservative, right-wing idealogue".

Do you think just a FEW honest liberals with a BIT of integrity would question the MSM on the use of these terms, since they NEVER hear or read the terms "left-wing extremist", "ultra-liberal", or "left-wing idealogue".
Don't forget Nazi and terrorist

Old 05-14-2012, 01:05 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,097,922 times
Interesting Einstein that you would argue in one thread and I'll quote:
Quote:
There is no such thing as "left leaning news source".
..and then vote in this one there is.

Matter of fact you have voted 4 times, are you trying to screw the poll up on purpose?

Last edited by thecoalman; 05-14-2012 at 01:32 PM..

Old 05-14-2012, 04:03 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,756,787 times
i voted as a moderate. at a minimum, fox news is conservative and msnbc is liberal. wsj is conservative, nytimes is liberal.

the liberal media works in a subtle, sinister way, with a creeping feminist, litigous political correctness that establishes itself as the cultural norm.

the conservative media is like soviet agitprop, or hanoi hannah blaring over a loudspeaker or something. Small in numbers, but the most brazen liars you will ever see.

i guess i kind of hate them all, bob.

Last edited by le roi; 05-14-2012 at 04:13 PM..

Old 05-14-2012, 06:11 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,410,277 times
The cable news networks are biased, even in their news broadcasts. Its the opinion shows that really do the damage, IMO.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:18 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,823,250 times
Quote:
You're right, it's the right wing goons that eat up the propaganda that is fed to them. They have been programmed to see any news that isn't hard right as "liberal" and that only their right wing biased outlets are "fair and balanced"

Quote:
I can't say I've ever heard those words used in the main stream media. The only times you really will hear those are from left or right leaning political commentary shows.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:27 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,341,529 times
What about (Canadian) can see bia's on both sides..We pretty much get all American media up here on our TV and Radio stations and we (I) can see biased view points in the media be it A Conservative Media Outlet/Broadcaster or Liberal Media Outlet/Broadcaster...

Then Again our local and National Media would have a biased views for Canada and Canadians that benfit their local and national interests also.... Be it Libeal Media or Conservative Media depending on where you get you news and political updates from and were you stand with your political viewpoints personally...

Old 05-14-2012, 06:44 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,379,242 times
Just look at the Wright story that came out a couple days ago. Totally ignored by the NYT, WAPO, NBC, CBS, etc.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:48 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,918,474 times
they liike newspapers i the days of yellow jopuranlism are all bised to a degree. In fact at least new2sappers use to actaully identfy with the two parties directly. I national TV media all the big 3 where very liberal but resticited as to what they coud say by edciotrs. It really all started IMO of goig over board with JFK;i which the media was a conpriator i the whole Camelot thng and actully knew the truth long before he was ever president. They alos hid the real fact that US blinked in Cuban missle crisis by agreeing to remove new miisles in europe just deployed and hid Kennedy's obcession to kill Castro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies