Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 12:00 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times

Advertisements

This early in the day and we already have a winner for funniest post of May 15, 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable. George Bush and his band of bumbling Republicans wrecked this country over 8 horrific years. They were wrong. Your red state was wrong. Your red state consistently picks the wrong person for President, consistently votes on the wrong side of the issues, and can't shake the overwhelming evidence that your state's right-favoring ideology supports the most bigoted people in this country. It's natural to discard what you say here.

The reality is that we have a fine President at the helm. He's black. he's brilliant, articulate, supremely educated, and a man of great depth. He's overcome more adversity than all the previous Presidents combined, adversity brought on simply because of the color of his skin. He is the most scrutinzed President in history, principally because of the color of his skin. It took calculating brilliance to get bin Laden, something Republicans couldn't begin to accomplish. Hard to be creative when you're too busy obsessing over blacks and other minorities as Conservatives have shown.

This President was given the the worst mess in history courtesy of the Republican who preceded him. He was cursed with a tea-party downgraded Congress whose sole purpose has been to make him fail, not help the country succeed. He has managed to reverse the free-fall started by Bush, despite the "Congress from Hell." His foreign policy is superior to that of any Republican and he managed to exact change in Libya without putting any boots on the ground or declaring war. Republicans are OK with their representative LYING to go to war or two. So on and so forth.

President Obama represents the superior position and the high ground and he's headed for a second term whether you like it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 12:21 AM

249 posts, read 194,002 times
[quote=tickyul;24307289]
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulseoul View Post
I think that there needs to be a distinction between party and ideology. I am not registered as a Democrat or Republican. I typically vote Democrat. They usually are for gay rights, are more likely to align themselves with the poor, etc. With that said, I still hold scrutiny for things in the Democratic party. For example why aren't the Democrats truly pushing for a public option? It polled well and makes some sense according to the CBO. Countries like Japan, Korea, Switerzland, and Australia have this system.

The fix is not supporting libertarian ideals IMO. Libertarianism is good, only if you have the money and live in rural areas. Letting the market dictate safety (getting rid of the EPA, FDA, CDC, etc is extremely reckless). I think that having libertarians have a voice to counter Republican plans for big government is good, but I still think that a government for the people should be able to at least protect the weakest segments of our society and ensure that we have a thriving middle class.

Having more voices from the left would help. I personally think that we are in an era in which corporations are too embedded in politics and subsequently the needs of the people are shelved. Actual people, not "corporation people". We need to counter this by having voices that deviate left of center in order to serve as an advocate for those of limited means.

HAHA, I could just see this ins**e, ret**ded country implementing a public option for health care...........it would be a disaster * 1000. The gang that can't shoot straight.........wow, a nightmare scenario that would be. 20-30 million illegals scooping up the bennies....oh-my!

Maybe even the insane, psychotic, corrupt Demor**s see the writing on the wall on the insane idea of a Public option.....not pushing too hard for it.

Social Security.....PHONY-WORTHLESS-TRUST-FUND...........same with MEDICARE..........this country could mess up a wet dream......public option.......DOH!

Is that why we spend the most per capita on health care, yet have the lowest rate of insured individuals in the developed world? What about the fact we have the some of the highest rates of infant mortality in the industrialized world.

Not to mention Medicare is actually cheaper per capita, as is the VA.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:34 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's why we need to elect Libertarian candidates. They ARE different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I find it humorous that people still think that either political crime family is the answer to our problems. They are one in the same and the only difference is which way they screw us.

The ONLY thing they are concerned about is staying in power. They are going to tell us anything we want to hear, bring up inane "wedge issues" such as gays, guns, god in order to divide the electorate and FOOL us into voting for a continuation of the status quo.

When I hear the useful idiots of the republican or democratic party spout off about how "if only...." I know we are doomed. If people don't realize what these political parties are doing I have no hope for the future.

I am sure people rationalize that voting for the lesser of two evils is "winning" - wake up! What we have now is over 100 years of "winning"...
Amen to that.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:50 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Having more voices from the left would help. I personally think that we are in an era in which corporations are too embedded in politics and subsequently the needs of the people are shelved. Actual people, not "corporation people". We need to counter this by having voices that deviate left of center in order to serve as an advocate for those of limited means.

I am not advocating communism. I am advocating that more divergent voices be added to break up the hegemony that currently exists.
While I respect the maturity and civiltity displayed in your post, I must point out that the "Establishment Liberal" viewpoint enjoyed a near-complete monopoly on opinion in the Mainstream Media until the emergence of Fox News -- that, I suspect, is why so many of the Politically Correct and the self-proclaimed "Liberals" seem intent on silencing it.

And while the similie is well-worn, the actions of the present Administration over the paat three years do mothing to dispell the point that the "modern" Democratic Party may be best-likened to a newborn baby -- that is "nothing but an alimentary canal with a loud noise at one end, and absolutely no sense of responsibility at the other".

The only action on the part of the Democrats which would allow me to deal with them as more than an ugly, vicious alliance of grafters, failures and slackers would be for them to advocate a turn away from the increasing Federalization of power ... a return to local control.

But such action would, of course, cripple the huge dispensary of largesse and patronage which is the central feature upon which the entire Democratic machine is based.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-15-2012 at 01:08 AM..

Old 05-15-2012, 01:48 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable. George Bush and his band of bumbling Republicans wrecked this country over 8 horrific years.
I shall ask the same question which you never answer... how did they "wreck" the country?

Old 05-15-2012, 05:03 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Not exactly; the Great Depression was largely confined to the financial community until the banking system melted down in the fall of 1931. And heavy industry began to rebound nicely once the Supreme Court invalidated the National Recovery Act in the spring of 1935. Further proof that Federal interference is not the remedy for economic pain. but the kicker that intensifies it.
And we had a depression wn a depression in 1938. Ironically several other countries had long recovered during that period of time.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:07 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I shall ask the same question which you never answer... how did they "wreck" the country?
Not to mention the elephants lost congress in 2006.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:59 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
I personally think that we are in an era in which corporations are too embedded in politics and subsequently the needs of the people are shelved. Actual people, not "corporation people". We need to counter this by having voices that deviate left of center in order to serve as an advocate for those of limited means.

I am not advocating communism. I am advocating that more divergent voices be added to break up the hegemony that currently exists.
I was having a discussion with my husband this morning about the "platforms" that politicans are taking during this election. What is it about a week ago that Obama came out with regard to his position on gay marriage? Then he and Romney appear at college graduations and bring gay rights/marriage into their speech. Rather than address the graduates who are the future of this country........they used that opportunity as a soap box to campaign.

What are the issues to voting this year? Gay, vote for Obama. Anti-gay, obvious that's a vote Romney. If black/hispanic, vote Obama, white Romney. Pro-illegal immigration - let the taxpayer continue to support them, give it to Obama. Anti-illegal immigration, goes to Romney. Are people sitting down doing a checklist as to what each candidate supports/offers/promises or doesn't? At the end of the day, all they are doing is making promises that they alone cannot fulfill.

As a whole, what is Obama and Romney promising to do for ALL Americans and the country? I want politicians to stop being selective in who and what they address. We are Americans, we are all suffering from the current situation. Americans want to know what government is going to do to heal itself because clearly it isn't healthy, and how government is going to fix this country which is going down the toilet.

I can't help but to notice the low the intellect of politicians and how self-serving they and their parties are, and how the American people can't see it.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:02 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's why we need to elect Libertarian candidates. They ARE different.

no way the only ones I have seen are LOONS!
what would be great is if people who would REALLY make a good president would run
out of the 2 that are presently up for it
I will vote from Romney
to not vote gives you zero voice and you are a part of the problem not the solution
besides we have the crap for government now, not because of Washington
but because of the voters or lack of them!!
Obama won because he is black and the election was like American Idol
so you can **** and cry all you want
and don't even say Ron Paul, the biggest Loon in the barrel

Old 05-15-2012, 06:07 AM

370 posts, read 440,616 times
Quote:
Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable. George Bush and his band of bumbling Republicans wrecked this country over 8 horrific years. They were wrong. Your red state was wrong. Your red state consistently picks the wrong person for President, consistently votes on the wrong side of the issues, and can't shake the overwhelming evidence that your state's right-favoring ideology supports the most bigoted people in this country. It's natural to discard what you say here.

The reality is that we have a fine President at the helm. He's black. he's brilliant, articulate, supremely educated, and a man of great depth. He's overcome more adversity than all the previous Presidents combined, adversity brought on simply because of the color of his skin. He is the most scrutinzed President in history, principally because of the color of his skin. It took calculating brilliance to get bin Laden, something Republicans couldn't begin to accomplish. Hard to be creative when you're too busy obsessing over blacks and other minorities as Conservatives have shown.

This President was given the the worst mess in history courtesy of the Republican who preceded him. He was cursed with a tea-party downgraded Congress whose sole purpose has been to make him fail, not help the country succeed. He has managed to reverse the free-fall started by Bush, despite the "Congress from Hell." His foreign policy is superior to that of any Republican and he managed to exact change in Libya without putting any boots on the ground or declaring war. Republicans are OK with their representative LYING to go to war or two. So on and so forth.

President Obama represents the superior position and the high ground and he's headed for a second term whether you like it or not.

I just threw up in my mouth a little..... dear leader appreciates your accolades. ***FYI I dont like republicans*** Obama supporters are almost as bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies