Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 05:14 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
wait, i thought irans president imanutjob said that there were no homosexuals in iran.
Iran has been hanging their citizens for engaging in homosexuality since long before Ahmadinejad went into office.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well the Qur'an does instruct them to kill the infidel where ever they find them, so they really are not extremists. And you can't say the woman wearing a hijab isn't praying for the terrorists who blow up people and buildings. Most likely she is.

I've talked plenty with Muslims and they will say they want world peace, they want everyone to live in harmony but they will tell you that this peace can only exist after the whole world submits to Islam. Islam means submission and they will tell you that as long as people believe differently, follow different laws, this world peace will not be achieved. And yes, they feel it's too bad that some unfortunate things have to happen because some people are stubborn about converting to Islam.

If you believe that Islam really is about freedom of religion, freedom to pick and choose as you wish -- then it is YOU who doesn't understand what Islam is about, it is you who have zero respect for what it is.
Kind of like how the Bible tells you to kill gay people?

Quote:
If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
Leviticus 20:13 (NIV)

Or a child who has disobeyed their parents? I'm sure that if you are a parent, your children have disobeyed you at one point or another. I'm sure there was at least one time you disobeyed your own parents. I know I did. What child hasn't? According to the Bible, we should most likely both be dead.

Quote:
18 If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.” 21 Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.
Deuteronomy 21:18-21 (NIV)

...Among other things. The Bible is rife with rape, slavery, and murder over petty crimes. Most of that stuff is in the Old Testament, but the Bible has some verses that tell us those laws still apply to today.

Quote:
It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.
Luke 16:17 (NIV)

Okay, so that verse seems a bit open to interpretation, but this verse seals the deal:

Quote:
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Matthew 5:17 (NIV)

It's hardly particular to the Qur'an. The Bible could easily be used to justify all kinds of heinous crimes. Luckily most Christians have the common sense not to follow those verses, along with most Muslims. But yes, there are a minority of Muslims that do take it to that extreme, but that is of their choosing, because there are plenty of Muslims, who like plenty of Christians, ignore huge chunks of the Qur'an, so that they can practice their religion in a peaceful manner. We are lucky that in the U.S., Christians generally do not choose to take the Bible to such an extreme, but the Bible certainly has just as much potential to influence Christians to those extremes as the Qur'an does for Muslims. And I should mention that in countries like Uganda, some Christians do take their Bible to the extreme and make themselves into vigilantes to go out and kill people.

In the end, books don't kill--people do. Yes, a lot of the holy texts we have in our modern societies are chock-full of verses that sanctify murder, but the fact that some members of those religions kill while most don't shows that most people, regardless of religion, know how to apply their modern innate sense of morality to life with more weight than the texts they claim to obey to the letter--and thank God for that.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No. I will never accept homosexuality as normal. Live with it.

Where is the concern for the Iranian who is facing execution for converting to Christianity?
Included in Iranian human rights, if you would only do a little research. There are plenty of foundations that also report crimes against non-Muslims (Christians, Baha'i's, atheists, etc.) or Muslims who did not practice it in the specific way allowed (women who showed too much hair/wore lipstick, etc.)

ETA: I linked you in a rep comment to a site that lists Christians who were executed in Iran. The link didn't work completely--you still have to select "Religion: Christianity" in the drop-down list, but then you'll get a list of people by name. I should also mention that all the people who were reported are not necessarily al the people who were executed--since I am sure there were plenty of cases where the religion was not known but that person was in fact Christian.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:34 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
How do lefties process this?

Old 05-16-2012, 05:44 AM

503 posts, read 806,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
How is that any different than the warped version of Christianity so common in America and among gay haters on this board?

Fundamentalism and Evangelicalism are modern day, evil corruptions of Christianity.
Yet it is the Godless, anti-religion regimes that so many here seem to revere that persecute homosexuals at a far higher degree than any Christian nature ever has.

However that inconvenient truth gets lost in the echo chamber of the militant homos here because it does not fit neatly within the proscribed talking points.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You mean like the Fundamentalists in America who worship the English Bible as their golden calf, and follow not a single teaching of Jesus Christ?
Oh....you mean the teachings of Jesus Christ as the revisionists of the modern leftist movement would like us to interpret them?

No thanks.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Bowman View Post
Yet it is the Godless, anti-religion regimes that so many here seem to revere that persecute homosexuals at a far higher degree than any Christian nature ever has.

However that inconvenient truth gets lost in the echo chamber of the militant homos here because it does not fit neatly within the proscribed talking points.
Okay, so a bunch of Conservatives keep claiming that Liberals revere Islam.

Can someone please post even a shred of evidence that this statement is true?

Please.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Okay, so a bunch of Conservatives keep claiming that Liberals revere Islam.

Can someone please post even a shred of evidence that this statement is true?

Please.
Reading is fundamental......

Godless, anti-religion........

As in the Soviet Union, China, North Korea, and on and on......

You beloved non-religious Communist regimes have killed far more homosexuals that the evil and "bigoted" Christian nations of the world, and have done so as a matter of doctrine.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:53 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
So, in your opinion, if someone is perfectly fine with civil unions, but against gay marriage, then they are a bigot?
Being that people can go to City Hall to buy a marriage license and get married I'd say that is a marriage as well as a civil union, it certainly has nothing to do with religion.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:56 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Leftist atheism on the other hand...

A Tribute to Communism - YouTube#!

Last I heard it was liberals embracing Islam.

Can you save this for future unrelated threads? I'd like to see it pulled out during anti-capitalism threads as we get closer to Election Day. I feel it's wasted in this thread meaning more should see it under other topics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies