Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 08:48 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
Spending a few weeks in San Antonio and thinking you are in any way an expert on illegal immigration is laughable.

Many people on this forum have been personally affected by the current illegal invasion.

Until you are personally affected by this invasion you should reframe from critiquing those that are.
Maybe if you stopped making wide sweeping generalizations as the OP suggested you woulod not get called out on it. Pssst, if you live in the US you have been exposed to illegals, they are all over the country, so do not act as if you are so special, you aren't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 08:49 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Before you can live a part of you has to die. You have to let go of what could have been, how you should have acted, and what you wish you could have said differently. You have to accept that you can't change the past experiences, opinions of others at the moment in time, or outcomes from their choices or yours. When you finally recognize the truth then you will understand the true meaning of forgiveness of yourself and others.

From this point you will finally be free.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:59 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
"But I see some spew being posted sometimes,mainly in the immigration section and I just want to say do read what people say,but don't necessarily take it as gospel.There is alot of ranting about immigration, mainly focused on Mexican immigration,rightfully so but when I see posts saying all Mexicans don't want to speak english,and are demanding people bow to their will I think some people who live hundreds of miles from any Mexican just believe and jump on the ranting bandwagon."

You seem to be talking about the illegal immigration section, but you left out the key word ILLEGAL. San Antonio is a fun town and of course the people are nice. People who have lived in Texas for a while have Latino friends and relatives. We have been mixing it up for a long long time. People are ranting about the illegals, not the legals. I guess you missed the posts made by American's of Hispanic descent, sheesh.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:09 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Tell the Dems. They hate the productive and rob us daily.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:21 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Good grief.....San Antonio is in Texas.....specking English should be common.

At least leave the USA to form an opinion on Mexicans.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:24 AM

1,152 posts, read 1,277,659 times
You are correct, hate is not a virtue, and no good will come of hating any class of people as an anonymous group.

But why do you ascribe hate as the motivation for conservatives' resistance to illegal immigration? There are practical reasons for this resistance, just as there are practical reasons for the encouragement of illegal immigration.

I've only known four racists in my lifetime - two were conservative, and two were liberal. Only one of each openly acknowledged their tendency to criticize the differences racial groups, and none of those four would ever concede that they were racists.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:37 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Even though this is a Zombie thread, I feel I should comment on the OP's using San Antonio as a measure of illegal immigrants or even Hispanics in general.

I lived in SA for several years when I was younger and I can tell you that most of the Hispanic population there are not only Americans but likely 3rd or 4th generation melting pot citizens.
Are there illegals there? Of course there are.
But most of the Hispanics I met were very Americanized and fluent in English, heck, I even knew some Hispanics that only knew a little rudimentary Spanish.

The Hispanic population in San Antonio is hardly a way to form an opinion on illegals from any country.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:46 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Spend a month in Honduras.......try to do business there.

Everything you think will take place will slower to happen and take giving the right person a little extra money.

Nothing in Honduras will make sense to you.

It is just as much of a culture change for people from Honduras who come here........but, we move fast.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:59 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterNative View Post
Wow. Amen! That was beautiful, Lionking.

And yes...I would say He certainly is and does. That's just how amazing His grace is.

God bless,

Lanc
I think they be all be Conservatives up there.

See Isa. 32.8 and Isa. 32.5

LOL.

[SIZE=3]

[SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 07-31-2014, 10:11 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Good grief.....San Antonio is in Texas.....specking English should be common.

At least leave the USA to form an opinion on Mexicans.
Do you "speck" English?
Apparently, not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies