Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 07:38 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Its easy enough to spot the fakers. In order: Race based posts, gay marriage, global warming, anti business and pro government. The right has theirs too to a lesser extent: and anything pro business/ anti taxes gun control.
You'd think people would wise up and realize just how ineffective it is to try to sway public opinion by propaganda. Peoples minds are made up and they just come here to reinforce their own positions and to bash the opposition.
Actually, I don't come here for that. I come here to have discussions, share and get input from others. However, I have no doubt plenty do come here for some kind of ego trip, which explains many of the strange behaviors.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:42 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Really, what kind of moron doesn't want to breath clean air????
I see you missed the anti-smoking ban thread.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:46 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Rep to you for the thread. It's so obvious. How can anyone seriously swallow most of the right wing talking points. Never mind the fact that people advocate for the very things that do not benefit them in any way and in fact, go against the very issues that would enhance their lives. You forgot the ecology. Do they really want regulations and resrictions on pollutants lifted? Really, what kind of moron doesn't want to breath clean air????
Yeah it was an awesome day when Kennedy said "ask not what you can do for your country but what your country can do for you."

Old 05-15-2012, 07:49 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
The '"ban the EPA" threads have been here, usually by "pro-coal" advocates. actually there is a poster called coalman.

Some posters get quite vehement regarding urban planning and the building of infrastructure in rural areas. They must represent the GOP contingent which needs to keep the poor impoverished, and unable to commute to decent jobs.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:56 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
I have a secret.

I work for Perot (shhhhhhhh).

Old 05-15-2012, 08:04 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,611 times
Quote:
Some posters get quite vehement regarding urban planning and the building of infrastructure in rural areas. They must represent the GOP contingent which needs to keep the poor impoverished, and unable to commute to decent jobs.
Or environmentalists.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:05 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,059,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Your word was 'wingnut' which AFAIK is generally a lefty perjorative for right-winger. What is your definition of 'wingnut?'
A wingnut is a term representing both sides of the equation that are mentally unstable.

You seem to have the persecution complex where any negative term means the side you associate with though.

Good luck with that, that is not the sign of a healthy mind of any "wing".

Last edited by subsound; 05-15-2012 at 08:23 PM..

Old 05-15-2012, 08:25 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
A wingnut is a term representing both sides of the equation that is mentally unstable.

You seem to have the persecution complex where any negative terms means the side you associate with though.

Good luck with that, that is not the sign of a healthy mind of any "wing".
No persecution complex here. I do have an antipathy towards trolls and haters though.

Please don't make me don my hip waders. 'Wingnuts' is and always has been a term used by lefties. You're seriously going to pretend otherwise? LOL.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:56 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
[quote=hawkeye2009;24319734]On this forum, I am convinced that there are three liberal posters who are paid Obama "schills" that present a far left agenda, fail to respond to reason or factual information, and simply distort the facts to advance a political agenda.

Of course these people are on internet forums. However, they are easy to identify, as they are completely partisan, lack reason, and have no substantial factual information to support their positions.

These "schills" are almost entirely left wing in political orientation and are obviously paid "contributors". They are very transparent and are embarrassingly clumsy. The entities who hired them need to find better "schills" (at least more intelligent ones). I find it entertaining and sad at the same time. Truth and reason do not need a band shell or a propaganda unit to perpetuate the facts and an honest evaluation of a political situation. Tyrants, liars, and those opposed to liberty NEED such individuals to distort the truth and to obfuscate in order to advance the political agenda that is important to THEM, not the people. The fact that the left wing employs these "schills" in order to promote and perpetuate false information and propaganda belies the fact that they are the enemies of truth and reason, and thus the enemies of the people in a free society.

Keep on coming Obama schills. You look more and more absurd the more you post and are completely obvious, and thus absurd.

For those interested, do you want me to name them?[/quote]

Yes please. People have opinions and come to forums to express them. In fact this post of yours is pretty "shilly" by insulting who you feel is you enemy (democrats, liberals, and anyone supporting Obama) while not saying much.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:02 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,344,746 times
I always wondered how people found the time to post on CD all day? Do they have jobs? How do they make money?

Well, now I know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies