Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 12:02 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times

Advertisements

The Progs do like to rewrite History. Wonder when those bios will be part of the National Public School Curriculum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 12:23 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Default 'intrusion' by Obama marketers is classless and unabashed political propagandizing

[SIZE=2]"Did you know?[/SIZE]
For more information about President Roosevelt, please visit
Franklin D. Roosevelt Library and Museum
The Presidential biographies on WhiteHouse.gov are from “The Presidents of the United States of America,” by Michael Beschloss and Hugh Sidey. Copyright 2009 by the White House Historical Association."

From FDR's bio based on the authors biographies intended to educate children and who ever else seeks basic information about each president. This is intended to be the 'gold standard' for educational information for the general public.

The inclusion or shall we say , 'intrusion' by Obama marketers is classless and unabashed political propagandizing directed at children and other impressionable minds.

The appropriate way to include this information would be to cross reference Obama's 'intentions' and rhetoric vs actions or legislation in the story about "president Obama". How absurd also to compare nebulous intentions to accomplished actions of previous presidents.

Clearly the injected bit about Obama is not there with the authors' consent. Wonder how they feel about that as the propaganda injected may reflect on their body of work.

Absolutely classless move that characterizes Obama's brief tenure at the helm. This will be the basis of his future reputation and will serve to reflect how unqualified he was to be elected as president and cause future generations to wonder how and why someone with no experience was elected to the office of president of the USA.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:26 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
No, they are insertations in an attempt to legitize and praise himself. Lies to bolster his own already giant ego.
And at OUR expense. If he wants to bolster his ego and run his election on the backs of other Presidents, let him do it on his own Campaign Website; not on the taxpayers Official White House Website. That belongs to us - not Obama. What next? His Face plastered on the side of Air Force One?

Old 05-16-2012, 01:37 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Duplicate thread.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ouse-bios.html

Old 05-16-2012, 01:44 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times
Sounds like a good idea to me

Old 05-16-2012, 03:05 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
And at OUR expense. If he wants to bolster his ego and run his election on the backs of other Presidents, let him do it on his own Campaign Website; not on the taxpayers Official White House Website. That belongs to us - not Obama. What next? His Face plastered on the side of Air Force One?
He thinks all of Gov sites are his!

Old 05-16-2012, 04:05 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And "W" was what...an exemplary human?

next to obama??
friggin' A
obama is just plain sick, and he needs to be examined as soon as possible!!
I heard this and I had a hard time believing it, because it is so creepy!!
To think he has his hand on the red button is scary as hell
I knew he was a wacko, but this really makes one pay real attention
good grief
has a president ever been called to take a mental health exam??
He needs one!!

Old 05-16-2012, 04:11 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
I heard they were having a hay day about this over on Twitter, it's so funny. Did anyone see this, I don't do Twitter?

Old 05-16-2012, 04:23 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What an absolutely disgusting excuse for a human. I'll be so glad when November gets here.

I doubt that November will bring the relief you seek.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:26 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
I doubt that November will bring the relief you seek.
Indeed. R-money isn`t exactly generating a lot of enthusiasm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies