Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 09:17 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
It happens all the time. Just because the news doesn't report it does not mean it doesn't happen. Like I said, this guy was allowed to survive his foolishness. Most black guys caught at 3AM in a white neighborhood would not be so lucky. Ask Trayvon Martin.
Gotcha.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:01 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times
Quote:
We only have his side of the story. They let him live which is more than what would have happened if one of them had been in a white neighborhood at 3AM.
Bahahaha...are you talking about white neighborhoods in Moscow? Maybe Sarajevo?

Thanks for the laugh

Old 05-17-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I think that's a fundamental problem with your thinking, and it reflects poorly on your character.
I think your apathy for ANYTHING not related to a white/hispanic on black incident reflects even more poorly on your own character.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I agree. This wasn't about money. It appears to me to have been a gang-style attack. Turf protection. The soldier in street clothes was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Someone I assume is a racist alludes to the skin color of the attackers. I couldn't discern that myself from looking at the video, or reading the news reports. The facts of the situation will become clear, more clear in time.
Really, so you can't venture a guess to the racial make-up of that neighborhood in Tampa?

Do you bring that same self-satisfying naivety to the stock market? Some people play with statistics and averages and don't give a **** if that's looked down upon by the PC crowd.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Any kind of a white neighborhood.
Dude you're so removed from reality it's sad. The occasional time this happens, the media POUNCES on it and we see demonstrations left and right. Do you have any proof whatsoever or are we supposed to take your pearls of wisdom at face value?

Old 05-17-2012, 10:21 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I agree. This wasn't about money. It appears to me to have been a gang-style attack. Turf protection. The soldier in street clothes was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Someone I assume is a racist alludes to the skin color of the attackers. I couldn't discern that myself from looking at the video, or reading the news reports. The facts of the situation will become clear, more clear in time.
What are you talking about? The victim is white, and he was attacked by at least 2 blacks and one believed to be hispanic. How is someone walking home a threat to territory? This sounds like a good argument for segregation. Map out your territory with signs, and we whites won't enter. Territory safe, problem solved.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:26 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
OUCH! "My Three Sons Revisited!"

And too bad the media is not "armed with integrity". You will hear almost nothing about it nationally.
Yep its impossible to have a black on white hate crime...don't ya know.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
And anyone with a brain knows that poverty breeds higher crime rates, this is not just a race issue like many people are making this out to be.
I don't equate the two and truly don't understand the correlation. Why does being poor mean higher crime rates? The two do seem to go together, but I don't think one causes the other. There are other factors involved besides financial.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
It happens all the time. Just because the news doesn't report it does not mean it doesn't happen. Like I said, this guy was allowed to survive his foolishness. Most black guys caught at 3AM in a white neighborhood would not be so lucky. Ask Trayvon Martin.
ridiculous comment, the two aren't even similar. Stop baiting.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo31 View Post
I don't understand why this is a big deal. The fact that he was a soldier is irrelevant. People get robbed everyday.
That's a terrible attitude. Violence for the sake of violence is not to be tolerated by any civil society. You have become desensitized to the suffering of others.
and this was NOT a robbery!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies