Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 06:41 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Wow. Another liberal post totally lacking integrity. Surprise, surprise.

Blame the damn victim. And it's not news if it doesn't promote your personal political agenda. Get a clue, please.
Well first off, I'm not a liberal. Secondly, you can ask anyone who has worked in high crime area, like midtown in Detroit, there are places you are just ignorant to go to at might. Where this guy was, was one of them in Tampa.

I hope the little idiots who assaulted him are caught and "hung up by their buster browns", but it is a fact of life that there are neighborhoods you don't go at night in some cities.

You are speaking as an uniformed person as how the world works. Lesson learned I hope, that you won't go to this good at night, and you are ready for a fight if needed.

I worked in the second highest murder area of the country, at night, for 3 years. Gives me some perspective.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:44 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That's not true at all, and you know it. This is about da hood mentality, like they own the streets and this is their territory!
And they'll attack anyone that doesn't look like them that wanders in. Sound familiar? But the flip side would be considered racist. Why isn't this?

Old 05-16-2012, 06:45 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Oldest trick in the book- criminals will "test" you by asking for a favor. It could be a cigarette, a dollar, whatever. If you comply you are seen as "easy".

Best response is to say "No". Better response is saying "No" while drawing your 1911.
Best response is to avoid the place and let them beat up and kill each other.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:45 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
We only have his side of the story. They let him live which is more than what would have happened if one of them had been in a white neighborhood at 3AM.
I can guarantee that they wouldn't have been attacked and beaten by a mob.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:49 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Well first off, I'm not a liberal. Secondly, you can ask anyone who has worked in high crime area, like midtown in Detroit, there are places you are just ignorant to go to at might. Where this guy was, was one of them in Tampa.

I hope the little idiots who assaulted him are caught and "hung up by their buster browns", but it is a fact of life that there are neighborhoods you don't go at night in some cities.

You are speaking as an uniformed person as how the world works. Lesson learned I hope, that you won't go to this good at night, and you are ready for a fight if needed.

I worked in the second highest murder area of the country, at night, for 3 years. Gives me some perspective.
I think many of the posters on this forum have lived in the suburbs their entire lives, went to nice universities and work in a nice office. I work for a public utility and used to respond to gas leaks and other emergencies in the inner city and the suburbs. I never had a problem in the inner city. The most threatened I ever felt was at 10am in a suburban trailer park from a crazy white guy who started ranting about how public utilities are monopolies ect, ect. I thought he was ok but just worked himself into a frenzy. I had to make an excuse to go outside and called for police back up.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:54 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You watched the attack on the video? You sure don't sound like you have seen it. You don't seem to know that the poor guy's car broke down and he was walking home. You don't seem to know that the first attacker asked him for a dollar and he took out his wallet and got smacked. If you can only carry minimum amounts of cash what happens if you are driving and your car breaks down?

Nope, you don't talk like you read the link or watched the video. Did you do either?
Roy,

Its not that the guy who was attacked was at fault. His fault was being ignorant of his surroundings. Now it would be nice to say you should be able to go anywhere, anytime, without fear of assault. But that isn't how the world works.

He should have known better then to be walking in that good, at night, unarmed or unprepared for the situations that might arise. Its just that simple

Old 05-16-2012, 07:17 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
The usual suspects making Internet Tough Guy posts about how they wish they could kill an "urban youth" and get away with it. Nothing new.
i have read all 23 posts on this thread prior to yours here, and not a single poster has said anything about wishing they could kill an 'urban youth' and get away with it.

are you sure you're on the right thread?

Quote:
Roy,

Its not that the guy who was attacked was at fault. His fault was being ignorant of his surroundings. Now it would be nice to say you should be able to go anywhere, anytime, without fear of assault. But that isn't how the world works.

He should have known better then to be walking in that good, at night, unarmed or unprepared for the situations that might arise. Its just that simple
dude, his car broke down. what do you suggest he should have done?

Old 05-16-2012, 07:36 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,184 times
Quote:
Roy,

This. Couldnt have said it better

Old 05-16-2012, 07:57 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
yawn

Old 05-16-2012, 08:28 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Roy,

Land of the Free; Home of the Brave???? But, But, you're rights are guaranteed under your constitution aren't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies