Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:32 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by francej16 View Post
You'd be thinking wrong. I'm am definitely not a minor. I have a myspace profile to keep in touch w/my friends I had to leave behind in Reno. Also added Tom Tancredo and Ron Paul.

I have been in to many of hte profiles on Pauls site (the ones that leave comments) and they are all of age or WELL above age.

Myspace is not for kids anymore. Many, many adults are on it now because it is such an easy way to keep track of friends and family from all over. My mom is even getting a profile started so we can keep in touch along w/aunts in other states.
The thing about it is that kids lie about their age too! So I don't know. My son has a band and most girls that they meet at concerts are under age and said they were of age so again I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 09:38 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
With respect, ron paul is a disaster and will never even come close to being elected president if you look at duncan hunters record he is very aggresive on the illegal immigration issue and has put his "our" money where his mouth is!
I also like Duncan Hunter. I think Ron Pauls views on medicare and social security will scare the h*ll out of those soon to retire and the elderly. He will not get their vote. I would love to see Duncan Hunter as pres and Paul as vice pres.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:29 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Regardless what someone says about your pick of a candidate,winable or not,wrong or right in their view just vote for who you think will be best.

I'm sticking with RP.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:34 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
Duncan Hunter is a good candidate IMO, but obviously hasn't sucked up enough to the GOP to get any clout. Pretty disappointing.. and the day myspace has any clout in the electoral process is the day I give up all hope on it..

BTW, where is the OP moving to? I remember alec baldwin was supposed to move almost 8 years ago, but he obviously changed his mind.. I guess verbally abusing your daughter from a foreign country just doesn't have the same effect..

Old 09-21-2007, 06:36 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Duncan Hunter is a good candidate IMO, but obviously hasn't sucked up enough to the GOP to get any clout.
Duncan Hunter:
Rated 7% by the ACLU, indicating an anti-civil rights voting record
Rated 83% by the US COC, indicating a pro-business voting record
Rated 20% by the AFL-CIO, indicating an anti-union voting record
Rated 30% by CURE, indicating an anti-rehabilitation voting record
Rated 17% by the NEA, indicating an anti-public education voting record
Rated 10% by the LCV, indicating an anti-environmental voting record
Rated 100% by the Christian Coalition, indicating a pro-family voting record
Rated 24% by CATO, indicating a pro-fair trade voting record
Rated A+ by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record
Rated 11% by APHA, indicating an anti-public health voting record
Rated 11% by SANE, indicating a pro-military voting record
Rated 100% by FAIR, indicating an anti-immigration voting record
Rated 11% by the ARA, indicating an anti-senior voting record

Summary:
FOR -- Big business, guns, the military, fundie religion
AGAINST -- Workers, civil rights, public education, public health, the environment, seniors.

Sleaze Factor:
Personal home listed on county tax rolls as 2 BR 2.5 BTH at 2946 sq ft. Actual is 6 BR 4 BTH at 6200 sq ft with 2000 sq ft guest house, swimming pool, and tennis court. Hunter says he has no idea how discrepancy arose. Says he just pays the bills the county sends him.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:50 AM

115 posts, read 335,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Duncan Hunter is a good candidate IMO, but obviously hasn't sucked up enough to the GOP to get any clout. Pretty disappointing.. and the day myspace has any clout in the electoral process is the day I give up all hope on it..

BTW, where is the OP moving to? I remember alec baldwin was supposed to move almost 8 years ago, but he obviously changed his mind.. I guess verbally abusing your daughter from a foreign country just doesn't have the same effect..
I"m a french citizen. We are looking more to moving to Wales or Scotland and you can guarantee we are not Alec Baldwin

Old 09-21-2007, 06:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I actually met Senator Hunter while he was waiting for a local TV interview and IMHO he is just another fat cat looking out for himself and the other “haves” and “have mores” that are the core of the Republican Party. I will not vote for any of the Republicans because I think they will let our country slide into the tyranny that usually accompanies a failing empire.

I’ll support Obama in the primary and, if necessary, vote for Ms. Clinton if she is nominated.

FranceJ16 - Why don't you move back to France? I certainly would if I had citizenship.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:38 AM

115 posts, read 335,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I actually met Senator Hunter while he was waiting for a local TV interview and IMHO he is just another fat cat looking out for himself and the other “haves” and “have mores” that are the core of the Republican Party. I will not vote for any of the Republicans because I think they will let our country slide into the tyranny that usually accompanies a failing empire.

I’ll support Obama in the primary and, if necessary, vote for Ms. Clinton if she is nominated.

FranceJ16 - Why don't you move back to France? I certainly would if I had citizenship.

I'm an american but due to father being a french born citizen I have my french birth certificate and french passport.

I speak french due to being raised w/it (it's my second language) but my husband does not (he's trying to learn now BUT I don't have the patience w/him trying to help him) so we'd prefer to go to an english speaking country

It would be easier in France since half my family is there and they could help get us jobs but again w/o him speaking french right now it would be hard for him

Old 09-21-2007, 08:34 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I actually met Senator Hunter while he was waiting for a local TV interview and IMHO he is just another fat cat looking out for himself and the other “haves” and “have mores” that are the core of the Republican Party..
Do you mean Congressman Hunter?

Old 09-21-2007, 09:20 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Congrats on your move! Good luck with those taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies